CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dungeon Master/Game Master

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Chaos' Plague wrote:I was just told by Mal the Moose that all GMs cheat because they have to for the continuity of a game.  The GM is a cheater that is allowed to get away with it.

Is it cheating when your essentially the true god of the world?

View user profile

52 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:32 pm

The Reality Tailor wrote:
Chaos' Plague wrote:I was just told by Mal the Moose that all GMs cheat because they have to for the continuity of a game.  The GM is a cheater that is allowed to get away with it.

I call t cheating when you break the very rules that you've set but as the referee is it breaking set rules or adjusting? Its a razor's edge we walk.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

53 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Chaos' Plague wrote:

I call t cheating when you break the very rules that you've set but as the referee is it breaking set rules or adjusting?  Its a razor's edge we walk.

Can you break that which you created if your remolding it, not leaving it broken?

View user profile

54 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Chaos' Plague wrote:

I call t cheating when you break the very rules that you've set but as the referee is it breaking set rules or adjusting?  Its a razor's edge we walk.

Can you break that which you created if your remolding it, not leaving it broken?

There are instances where a GM can break the rules without remodeling those rules. in those instances I believe it is cheating. I personally try to avoid those instances but I've seen it and once or twice have done it.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

55 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:34 pm

We mostly have fun with most of your decisions soo keep doing what you doin.

View user profile

56 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:43 pm

When I read this post all I hear is a loud sucking sound

View user profile

57 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Malevolent Moose wrote:When I read this post all I hear is a loud sucking sound

You let your imagination run to things you probably do in your personal time, please keep it private.TY

View user profile

58 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:50 pm

What no picture????

View user profile

59 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Ladies, ladies, no cat fighting. You both have pretty shoes.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

60 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:57 pm

May I pipe in even though you've all forgotten me?

It is the D/GM's job to keep a campaign running smoothly. The great thing about role playing is that it is fluid. It is always changing and evolving. If the D/GM uses his power to hurt a player for personal reasons, that is cheating. If he/she does it to further the game, create a new element to the game/world, or to help a struggling party so it doesn't go down in flames.... That is just being good at their job.

View user profile

61 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Cambria wrote:May I pipe in even though you've all forgotten me?

It is the D/GM's job to keep a campaign running smoothly.  The great thing about role playing is that it is fluid.  It is always changing and evolving.  If the D/GM uses his power to hurt a player for personal reasons, that is cheating. If he/she does it to further the game, create a new element to the game/world, or to help a struggling party so it doesn't go down in flames....  That is just being good at their job.

Omg, welcome back i miss the vanilla in my tea. How are you?

View user profile

62 Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 pm

With the changed names, I am not sure who is who anymore, and there are a lot of people registered that I'm not sure about either....  However, I'm guessing it is Pat that replied?  Am I correct? Ha.

I am well.  It has been a crazy year or so. I checked out for a while, but I am going to try to be more active on here since I deleted my Facebook.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum