CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Centaur

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:31 am

.... a perfect example of why I need to learn to filter myself.

View user profile

27 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:31 am

She is!! She even had a teenage boy toy that I had to put in his place.

View user profile

28 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:31 am

Wait.. I thought we were talking about roleplaying. lol

View user profile

29 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:33 am

we were...until i made a general assessment lol if you want we can go back to roleplaying Razz

View user profile

30 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:36 am

Lyrah started grooming Thomas when he was 10. I LOVED that he was brought back into the story.

Not for nothing... but no one can really hold a candle to my ex when it comes to DMing.

... but yes... Lyrah was a bit of a freak, but it made her interesting.

View user profile

31 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:37 am

Oh... you WERE talking about me... not the character.

Well... noooooo comment.

That is for ME to know and for SHOO to find out!

HA!!!!

View user profile

32 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:38 am

looks like you got your foot in the door shoo lol

View user profile

33 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:40 am

cheers

So....... Im guessing this means y'all like the race.

View user profile

34 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:41 am

HA! I think everyone knows that I truly LOVE the race!

View user profile

35 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:45 am

depends...who will actually play this race? lol

View user profile

36 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:47 am

Do you think its balanced with the other races?

View user profile

37 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:50 am

nope. but who would u have playing it? you know legendary playing would break whatever system he plays

View user profile

38 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:05 am

OMG forget it.

View user profile

39 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:10 am

I'm trying to figure out why there is such a high AC bonus for them? It's very easy to hit a horse...Also why such a high bonus to str? their horse half I could understand so maybe a bonus to speed. But their str? they're still just as strong as a person. Also, why the bonus to archery? Why not to melee fighting? Knights that rode horses had the advantage to those on the ground because of the hight they had and then the surprise of the horse standing up on it's hind legs would startle the foe on the ground.... Just some thoughts...

View user profile

40 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:35 am

The bonus to AC is because how tough there skin is and how quick they are. Even though a centaur is half horse and man they are stronger than both, also they are large creatures. Also centaurs are usually skilled with a bow like elves.

View user profile

41 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:58 am

I can see the bow part but whenever you see them in movies or on tv shows it's usually with a melee weapon...so maybe give the option of having the bonus with a certain kind of bow(like short bow or long bow), or a bonus with something melee(like polearm or great sword)...

As for the str thing...I can see that with the horse half. Like pulling things or carrying things on their horse half back...where I don't see it is in the human half. I just don't see a centaur lifting a huge bolder over his head like a giant and hurling it. I can see it lifting something like a knocked down tree, but only up to the point where the horse legs are fully extended(if you can picture what I mean)...So maybe a +2, I would give them a +4 for the horse half, but then the human half is limiting so that's why I say a +2. Maybe a +2 with a bonus to str checks when pulling or carrying on their backs?

I also don't see that large of an AC bonus from a horse...I agree that horses are very fast. But their size and weight are a hinderance to their mobility. If they were half Gazel then I could totally see it. Also the thickness of their hide? How think do you think it is? It's just a horse, they have fur and their hide isnt that thick. Now if you was talking about a rhino, that would be a different story. Now I do agree that a horses hide is thicker than a persons, and that they are fast runners(not high minuverability though), but I don't see why there would be such a high AC boost...Maybe just a +1, I would say +2 because of their hide but since their mobility actually hinders them that's why I was thinking +1. You can't put speed into it because you're already representing that as their movement rate being 60....

Let me know what you think with a rebuttal...

View user profile

42 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 am

I dont see a centaur as what would you get when you put a human and horse together. A centaur is a mythical creature that is stronger and much larger than a normal horse. Yes its top half is human but you cant think of it as having the strength of one. Also the the strength comes from being naturally large.

View user profile

43 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:09 am

Ok well you know what I think of it at least....Maybe just even it out with a huge minus to 1 or 2 stats, like the half-dragon....Maybe that would make it more bearable....

View user profile

44 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:35 pm

you will still try to break it tho

View user profile

45 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 pm

I lowered the AC to 2.

View user profile

46 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Give them natural armor +1, Plus to strength, minus to intelligence, double damage when they charge with any piercing(and not small) weapon.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

47 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Can you elaborate? Please

View user profile

48 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I would only try to break it if I could be half centaur half something else. Otherwise I wouldn't play one.

Would that double dmg stack with the double/triple dmg you do when charging on horseback with a polearm type weapon? Also I think knights have something like that too, would it stack with that(if they have something like that that is) too? Just some questions I'm sure will come up later. Better to ask now rather than later Very Happy

View user profile

49 Re: Centaur on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:32 pm

i would say you increase the speed a bit more. they are still horses kind of and can run as such

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum