CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CnC: Drow

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 CnC: Drow on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Drow(Dark Elf)

Dex: +1
Int: +1
Cha: +1

SIZE: Medium

ENHANCED SENSES: Drow can see up to two miles away in full dark and half that distance in starlight. They can also hear very well, and receive a +3 bonus to all checks involving listening.

INFRAVISION: Living in the utter darkness of the World Below for thousands of years has allowed the Drow to develop a level of Infravision that far surpasses any surface dwelling species. While other creatures can use their infravision to see heat sources of varying intensity, the Drow can distinguish the level of heat in the way humans can discern colors. This gift comes at the cost of a reduced level of sight in dim light and an even more diminished sight in bright light.

LIGHT SENSITIVITY: Drow eyes are extremely light sensitive due to their time spent away from the surface. When abruptly exposed to bright light a drow is stunned for 1d4 rounds.

MOVE SILENTLY (Dexterity): Like a Rogue

SPELL RESISTANCE: Years living within the radiation of The World Below has caused the Drow to develop a natural resistance to magic. When making saves against magic Drow add (level*1.5) instead of the standard level.

WEAPON TRAINING: Drow begin play with a +1 bonus to Hand Cross bows and one of the following weapons: shortsword, longsword, or scimitar.

LANGUAGES: Common, Elf, Undercommon

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

2 Re: CnC: Drow on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:24 pm

In the old editions they gave Drows a penalty if +20% exp needed for each level.

View user profile

3 Re: CnC: Drow on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:40 pm

We can add that!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

4 Re: CnC: Drow on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:00 pm

NICE!! But what about with their spell like abilities. Also it seems like they have no penalties.

View user profile

5 Re: CnC: Drow on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:09 pm

I think that the 30% experience increase is a good start as far as penalties go. Racially what kind of penalties have I missed from the methos of Drow?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

6 Re: CnC: Drow on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:03 pm

I meant a penalty to their stats. I feel 30% increase is too much. If so maybe they should get the abilities such as darkness, fairy fire and levitation and still I think 20% would be more fair.

View user profile

7 Re: CnC: Drow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Thinking about it, it would be cool to make monsterraces that are stronger that the core race but the xp needed to level is increased to balance it out.

View user profile

8 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 am

Truthfully, that was what I was shooting for but I didn't want to be the one to bring it up since I was making the race.

Certain races are by default more powerful as PCs than others. Drow, Illithid, Giants, and Goblins should be allowed to exist without ability score penalties. Its one of their advantages. The experience modifier should be the great equalizer and though 30% is a large amount of experience players rolling up monsterous PC should be placed on a playing field that is at least near the other players.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

9 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:30 pm

....Monsters..........droooolll....drip...drip...drip....HUH!?!? Wipe....MMMmmmonsters...

View user profile

10 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 pm

I understand but I dont feel that the race is strong enough to warrant the 30% more xp.

View user profile

11 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:43 pm

If its worth it you will roll on up and be happy. If its not worth it,.....Eh

View user profile

12 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Even with the spell-like abilities? Cool, 20% it is.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

13 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

See IF he allowed a baby dragon and said 50% Xp, you would roll one up! Yea, it will be hard, yea , it will be very fun.

View user profile

14 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:49 pm

I didnt know you added the spell like abilites.

View user profile

15 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:53 pm

My Next Character will be a Drow Priestess of Loth. She will have her loyal male slaves and live in the lap of royalty. As a Daughter of the high priestess she will have no needs, especially knowing that she (me) will become the heir....That sounds fun!

Wait, then why adventure at all. I retire her before she has a reason to adventure. She was really fun to play.

...Now my next character will be a..........

View user profile

16 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

I'd forgotten to put them until you asked about them.

I think Drow living underground will have them and those that have lived a year or more above ground will not. How does that sound?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

17 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

i dont know how I feel about that. Why wouldnt they have it? I just seems like it would complicate it.

View user profile

18 Re: CnC: Drow on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:12 pm

O D&D worked that way, he is following those guidlines.

View user profile

19 Re: CnC: Drow on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:32 pm

The idea behind the difference is that a lot of the Drow's powers come from the radiation of the Dark Depths, The Underdark or World Below. So when a player claims to be a good or unEvil (not a real word, I made it up) Drow that grew up on the surface and tries to claim that they have grow tolerant of the light through years of exposure they would have also spent years away from the radiation that enpowers them.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

20 Re: CnC: Drow on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:17 pm

How's this:

Drow(Dark Elf)

Dex: +1
Int: +1
Cha: +1

SIZE: Medium

Increased XP: 20%

ENHANCED SENSES: Drow can see up to two miles away in full dark and half that distance in starlight. They can also hear very well, and receive a +3 bonus to all checks involving listening.

INFRAVISION: Living in the utter darkness of the World Below for thousands of years has allowed the Drow to develop a level of Infravision that far surpasses any surface dwelling species. While other creatures can use their infravision to see heat sources of varying intensity, the Drow can distinguish the level of heat in the way humans can discern colors. This gift comes at the cost of a reduced level of sight in dim light and an even more diminished sight in bright light.

LIGHT SENSITIVITY: Drow eyes are extremely light sensitive due to their time spent away from the surface. When abruptly exposed to bright light a drow is stunned for 1d4 rounds.

MOVE SILENTLY (Dexterity): Like a Rogue

SPELL-LIKE ABILITIES (Underdark*): Drows can cast darkness , levitate and faerie fire like the wizard and druid spells once a day.

SPELL RESISTANCE: Years living within the radiation of The World Below has caused the Drow to develop a natural resistance to magic. When making saves against magic Drow add (level*1.5) instead of the standard level.

WEAPON TRAINING: Drow begin play with a +1 bonus to Hand Cross bows and one of the following weapons: shortsword, longsword, or scimitar.

LANGUAGES: Common, Elf, Undercommon

View user profile

21 Re: CnC: Drow on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:35 pm

looks like you did your homework Shoo. I like the bad day eyes.

Maybe you should make the final draft of every race, since you have the attention to detail and lay outs.

View user profile

22 Re: CnC: Drow on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:54 pm

thanks. i'll try.

View user profile

23 Re: CnC: Drow on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:19 pm

next character will be a ........monsterous human.

View user profile

24 Re: CnC: Drow on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:05 am

TheĀ  Drow sounds cool the way rotten put it. It looks really good but i dont know if anyone would make it.

View user profile

25 Re: CnC: Drow on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:next character will be a ........monsterous human.

It will be Shoo? 0-o

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum