CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BugBear

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 BugBear on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:09 pm

+1 str
-1 Int

Strong but dumb. Bugbears can not hold the class of mage due to their low intellect and short live lives.

View user profile

2 Re: BugBear on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Bugbears are usually dexterous as well so how about:

+1 str
+1 dex
-1 int
-1 wis

View user profile

3 Re: BugBear on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Maybe,

+1 Str
+1 Dex
-2 Int

So that it is a real blow to intelligence yet allowing them to be wise and aware?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

4 Re: BugBear on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:25 pm

I like, I like....Wise and unaware.

We need a drawback like it always desires the flesh...yeaaa. Actually it has an animal instinct...yeaa see were I'm going with this? He also must have big hard teeth to tear away the flesh of its unsuspecting female victim.

The sight of raw flesh draws an animal desire that will require a check to keep civilized.

View user profile

5 Re: BugBear on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:56 am

If they fail the check would the player lose control and slide over their character sheet a la werewolf or does the player have the opportunity to fight the madness?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

6 Re: BugBear on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Life is war! If he managed to achieve the status of hero he deserves to fight in the war....

View user profile

7 Re: BugBear on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:59 pm

We should make the Bugbear stronger and give it an xp modifier like the drow. So all the monsters will have that in common. Of course except for monsters like punk ass goblins.

View user profile

8 Re: BugBear on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Sad

...How could you say such things?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

9 Re: BugBear on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:17 pm

I kid...I kid

View user profile

10 Re: BugBear on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:26 pm

a 0.000135 EXP modifier sound good to me.

We can also limit it to certain class's, like they can not be a mage or attain the highest level cleric spells since they worship weak gods?

View user profile

11 Re: BugBear on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:13 pm

I like where this is going.

So Drow, Bugbear, Goblin, Kobold, Gnoll and ReAnimate(Undead made by the yellow spores, some of which actually retain their memories) can all be stated out!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

12 Re: BugBear on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:41 pm

The reanimated can keep the benefit of what ever race they were, but obtain a -4 to Int, due to the need for Brraaaainsss......They can have a base AC modifier of 2 or...

View user profile

13 Re: BugBear on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Bugbear

Str: +2
Dex: +1
Int: -2

SIZE: Medium

Increased XP: 10%

DARK VISION: Like an Orc.

MOVE SILENTLY (Dexterity): Like a Rogue. Bugbears also receive a +2 to hide and move silent checks.

THICK HIDE: Bugbears receive a +1 natural armor bonus to AC.

PERCEPTIVE: Bugbears receive a +2 to all listening and spot checks.

LANGUAGES: Common, Goblin, Undercommon

Last edited by Dark Shoo on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

14 Re: BugBear on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:50 pm

This might need some work.

View user profile

15 Re: BugBear on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Drow had a 20% xp penalty, cause it has magic resistance. The bug bear is a much simpler race and that hefty of a penalty might be to extreme.

View user profile

16 Re: BugBear on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 am

Thats cool Lets see what everybody else say.

View user profile

17 Re: BugBear on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 am

20% seems fine to me. They have a bonus to their stats plus additional abilities with no negative ones to counteract them.

I always felt that Lem had the correct idea when he tried to give drow 30%. They get an amazing amount of abilities that are powerful with a minor hindrance to light every so often that also affects a lot of monsters fought, so it's not really that bad at all.

While we're on the subject, I think that the goblin needs to be looked at again. Maybe they should get 15%. I only say this because of the numbleness ability. They already get a bonus to dex and then they get another bonus on top of that when making dex checks? It seems a little redundant and a major increase to the things they can do for only 10%. On top of that, they have other abilities too. Maybe if something was added to even them out the 10% would be fine. Maybe something like the opposite of this to str? Like -2 str and -2 str checks? That would even out the bonuses to dex and would be appropriate since goblins tend to be weak (even though Lem might not portray them as such). With this in place they might not even warrent the 10%.

View user profile

18 Re: BugBear on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:56 am

So its 1 to 1. I changed the goblin to -2 str.

View user profile

19 Re: BugBear on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:49 pm

look at elves. Lets give them a 35% xp modifier as well.

+1 to hit with a sword or bow
1 in 3 chance of finding secret doors
50% chance of finding hidden doors
Infravision
They are practically immortal (long lived)
They start by speaking multiple languages (7); this does not include INT bonus
+2 bonus to all checks involving listening
+10 bonus vs charm and sleep
Move Silently (racial) as rouge as long as they are in the wilderness
+1 Dex attribute

bonus's based on class:

RANGER MODIFIER: +2 move silent, +2 to find traps
ROGUE AND ASSASSIN MODIFIER: +2 listen, +2 move silent, +2 Find traps

The Elf only has two drawbacks for all of the above bonus's:

-1 Con
Can only have two Primes.

HMMM...Elf or Drow....let me think real hard on this.....Ohh yeas the Bug Bear is too powerful.

View user profile

20 Re: BugBear on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Now also think about this. The elf gets all those abilities to make up for only having 2 Primes. Humans get three primes, and...and..ahhh......what else?

Cons:

Shortest lived race
Can't see in the dark
Really bad sense of smell
Bad hearing

Maybe humans should get a +10% exp bonus?

No, because the third prime is really, really, worth it. The Game Creators knew that and felt that. If other races were not hooked up then no one will play them.

View user profile

21 Re: BugBear on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 am

So.............. What are we doing with the bugbear?

View user profile

22 Re: BugBear on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Remember, a lot of things elves get is because the DM is giving them that, like the bonuses for finding secret stuff. Also, I'm not sure if you knew this before, but no one starts with all their languages. You get common and your races language. You can get the other ones if your int is high enough. So no matter what your int is you will start with two languages, unless you're human. Humans only get common and then whatever you want after that with int modifier. Which leads to humans. They don't have a bad sense of smell or hearing, they just don't get bonuses to them. And they're not the shortest lived race, Half-Orcs are. There are more things wrong, but we're not here for that. We're talking about the bonuses for Bugbears. The major thing that makes the base classes what they are is that their stats even out. +1 to this and -1 to that means you keep the same amount of stats. Having extra points for base stats can change a lot of things. So just having extra the extra stat points should warrent more or larger negative abilities or the extra xp for lvling.

View user profile

23 Re: BugBear on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:14 pm

O yeah, forgot to put it in last post. With the evening out of the str and dex, Goblins looking better. Basketball

View user profile

24 Re: BugBear on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:22 am

I quoted the elf from the CnC players handbook.

Had no idea half orcs lived less than humans.

My point was not the questioning of attribute balance.

If we create every race and just put a 20% exp modifier, its a cop out. Also, the elf was used as an example to show the value of a "prime" (not the transformer; he sucks). Re-read my original comments and look at it not as a rules lawyer, but with common sense and you can see the point.

View user profile

25 Re: BugBear on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:11 am

I just figured weaker races like goblin, kolbold and gnoll would have 10%.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum