CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The IT Crowd

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 The IT Crowd on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:35 am

I'm designing monster bosses for a post-apocalyptic campaign. A need ideas for unique abilities and encounters.

Example:
A tiny wimp of a man that sucks opponents into his mind where he is a monstrous beast that the players must fight using only their mental stats. Those defeated while trapped in his mind will be left in a comatose state or maybe will be come slaves to his mind.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

2 Re: The IT Crowd on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:40 am

The Serpent wrote:I'm designing monster bosses for a post-apocalyptic campaign.  A need ideas for unique abilities and encounters.

Example:
A tiny wimp of a man that sucks opponents into his mind where he is a monstrous beast that the players must fight using only their mental stats.  Those defeated while trapped in his mind will be left in a comatose state or maybe will be come slaves to his mind.

You want me to lend you the cyberpunk books?

View user profile

3 Re: The IT Crowd on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:43 am

Toepoker wrote:
The Serpent wrote:I'm designing monster bosses for a post-apocalyptic campaign.  A need ideas for unique abilities and encounters.

Example:
A tiny wimp of a man that sucks opponents into his mind where he is a monstrous beast that the players must fight using only their mental stats.  Those defeated while trapped in his mind will be left in a comatose state or maybe will be come slaves to his mind.

You want me to lend you the cyberpunk books?

Naw, I like ideas. You have an idea, kick it over. Lets brainstorm. Books are cool but they restrict free thinking.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

4 Re: The IT Crowd on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 am

Will you give me a brief description of the time/place of the setting and conditions?

View user profile

5 Re: The IT Crowd on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:55 am

The world has undergone multiple ends including being merged with hell, being invaded by heaven, and five years without sunlight. Tech varies by location from late 1700s(wild west) to cyberpunk style weapons and armor. The races range from humans to godlike angels and demons. One player is a vampire priest and another is a shapeshifter that is technically four different characters.

The players would be facing these bosses on the edge of the wild west frontier but don't let that hinder your creativity.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

6 Re: The IT Crowd on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Give me a little bit to think of some things. I absolutely LOVE heaven/hell angel/demon stories. I think it is because I grew up so strictly Christian, and with a true belief in hell and demons and angels... When I was in like sixth grade I read a book called A Divine Revelation of Hell. That book fucked with my head. I would probably laugh reading it now, but at the time, I didn't.

View user profile

7 Re: The IT Crowd on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Read to Reign in Hell by Steven Brust. I love that book


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

8 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:24 pm

You should read about the Nephilim. Genesis talks about them being the children of angel's and humans. They have also been referred to as giants. That would be a great addition to the game.

View user profile

9 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Cambria wrote:You should read about the Nephilim.  Genesis talks about them being the children of angel's and humans.  They have also been referred to as giants.  That would be a great addition to the game.

Those are already playable character races. I'm looking for encounter ideas. There are a multitude of races and abilities so don't feel stifled. Throw me an idea and I'll find a way to make it fit into the world. My main issue is I want to mix it up with boss ideas that are different from my norm.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

10 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Are you only looking for boss ideas, or general enemy ideas?

View user profile

11 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Cambria wrote:Are you only looking for boss ideas, or general enemy ideas?

Boss ideas primarily but enemy ideas are welcome.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

12 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:46 pm

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:Are you only looking for boss ideas, or general enemy ideas?

Boss ideas primarily but enemy ideas are welcome.

Ok. I will have to rethink.

Tell me the character races available.

View user profile

13 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:Are you only looking for boss ideas, or general enemy ideas?

Boss ideas primarily but enemy ideas are welcome.

Ok. I will have to rethink.

Tell me the character races available.

As I said you don't need to worry about that, tell me you idea and I'll make it fit.

That said:

PC Races

Human
Contemporary(artificial humans)
Half-contemporary
3 sub races of angels
3 sub races of demon
Half-Angel
Half-Demon
Vampire
Treeoid(humanoid tree people)
Super Humans
Animus(Demon Animals)

NPC Races

More demons
More Angels
Faerie creatures
Bird men
Merpeople
Ape people
Robots
Lizard people
Gods
Elementals


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

14 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:06 pm

I hope you aren't getting snippy with me!

View user profile

15 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Cambria wrote:I hope you aren't getting snippy with me!

Lol, You can take it


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

16 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:30 pm

I can't help buy pull from the book of Revelations. It speaks of a red dragon with seven heads and seven horns and a crown upon each head.

View user profile

17 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:54 pm

Cambria wrote:I can't help buy pull from the book of Revelations.  It speaks of a red dragon with seven heads and seven horns and a crown upon each head.

Lol, they've met The Beast before. He's actually a nice guy all things considered. But that is a boss battle for your ass! They aren't on that level yet. Let me put things in context.

They are creeping around in a country that used to be their home until some badass Demons took over. They were once the lawmen of these lands and after running into one of the new lawmen, jerks that abuse their authority and the people, they have decided to kill all of them. Most if not all will be boss level enemies and it will culminate in them fighting the Badasses that took the country from them in the first place.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

18 Re: The IT Crowd on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:45 pm

What about a mother of demons.  Beautiful of course.  Carries a small bag with her that contains dirt from the underworld/hell.  She takes a pinch out, spits on it, whispers to it, and drops it.  From the ground rises a demon...  But not a modern demon of this time.  An ancient one...  They can be whatever she whispers.  A demon of confusion makes the player fighting it to have backward roles.  Their low roles are good and high roles are bad.  20 would be a fumble.  1 would be a crit. A demon of strife...  If they try to hit it directly, their weapon instead hits a fellow player with no explanation.  

She never actually fights because her demons protect her.  However...  The party will have to figure out that they must relieve her of her satchel of dirt.  Then she will be disarmed and able to be killed.

View user profile

19 Re: The IT Crowd on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:01 am

So I was on Pinterest, and I saw this. At first I thought it was mechanical, but when I enlarged it, I saw that it was bones. So it gave me an idea for this. You could have a cyborg dragon... I also pictured it made out of the sculls of the enemies it has killed. Like a dragon actually building itself...

View user profile

20 Re: The IT Crowd on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:13 pm

The PIC looks hot

View user profile

21 Re: The IT Crowd on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Great Now I need more magic items in Joey game...

View user profile

22 Re: The IT Crowd on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Toepoker wrote:The PIC looks hot

I have been telling yall that you should check out Pinterest, or even just my personal Pinterest page. There are so many awesome pictures on there. My board is called "Lyrah's Den".

BTW - I sent you and Moose a PM bitching about yall not posting, but it isn't going through. I don't know if it is technical difficulty or ADMIN intervention. HA!

View user profile

23 Re: The IT Crowd on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:49 pm

Cambria wrote:
Toepoker wrote:The PIC looks hot

 I don't know if it is technical difficulty or ADMIN intervention. HA!



Bwhahahahaha..............Admin Intervention...............Bwhahahaahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user profile

24 Re: The IT Crowd on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:42 pm

I found this picture. LOVE IT. Here is there story with it:

During the Eternity Wars, some of the angels were transformed into stone guardians scattered across the battlefield. Some came willingly. Others were drafted, traitors and cowards who tried to flee. They were given impenetrable stone for flesh, and granted more power than any warrior angel. However, once the battle ended, they reverted to statues, waiting for the next battle. They have waited long, seemingly in vain. They need not wait for much longer.

View user profile

25 Re: The IT Crowd on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:04 am

What about hellhounds?

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum