CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Game of Thrones spoiler talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:44 pm

This past episode was awesome and i heard it was mostly not in the book. Lets discuss guys and gals.

View user profile

2 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:52 am

I haven't been watching, because I am still reading the books. I tried watching the first season, and I found it a little boring. I don't know if it is because I enjoyed the book so much, and needed some time to pass before trying to watch it, or what... But I do want to try to rewatch. I went through and watched clips of some of the best scenes.

I do have an issue with the added rape scenes that I've heard about. First of all... Cercei. She is one of my favorite characters. She is just complete strength and cunning, and I admire that, even if she is a terrible person. I did not like that they had Jaime rape her. That was so unnecessary.

I really want to watch this season, because I am in love with Iwan Rheon. Even though he plays a crazy nut ball character in GOTs, I still want to watch him.

View user profile

3 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:27 pm

I thought that rape scene was in the book and can't say i have sympathy for Cercei though i will say she has some of the best quotes in the series

View user profile

4 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Oh and I've only read the first book but plan to read them all before the next season.

View user profile

5 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:49 pm

I have some sympathy for the young Cercei that we get in her back story, but not in her current state. I think she is a product of her history and her environment. It is weird, because I despise her and think she is a bitch, but I love her at the same time.

The rape scene with Jaime was not in the book. It was consensual in the book. I want go into a feminist rant, but I feel like the show uses sexual violence to knock down the strong female characters that Martin created.

View user profile

6 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:23 pm

I think they use it for shock value just another way to keep people talking, right or wrong.

View user profile

7 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Cambria wrote:I really want to watch this season, because I am in love with Iwan Rheon.  Even though he plays a crazy nut ball character in GOTs, I still want to watch him.

I googled this guy's name because I had no idea who you were talking about. Imagine my surprise to realize he was one of my favorite Misfit! Ramsey is a terrible character and he brings him to life really well.

I am still behind on this most recent season but I love the show and the books. I can't wait until the next one drops. I never purchase hardcover books but I might just so I can read it as soon as possible.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

8 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Cambria wrote:I have some sympathy for the young Cercei that we get in her back story, but not in her current state.  I think she is a product of her history and her environment.  It is weird, because I despise her and think she is a bitch, but I love her at the same time.  

The rape scene with Jaime was not in the book.  It was consensual in the book.  I want go into a feminist rant, but I feel like the show uses sexual violence to knock down the strong female characters that Martin created.  

I hate Cercei, she is one of the worst characters rated up there with The Mad King and Joffrey. She's terrible and doesn't even realize it, and because of her people are suffering for no real reason. Winter is coming and while shitty characters like Cercei make things worse good people keep getting killed off.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

9 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:54 pm

The show is now caught up to the books so im interested what they will do for the next season. Also my man Littlefinger is still up to no good so i wanna see what he still has up his sleeve.

View user profile

10 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Don't get me wrong about Cercei. I love her character as a character. I don't even know how to explain it. I guess I love to hate her. But not even that sums it up. I appreciate the way she is written, and what she brings to the story. She is evil and cunning and I find that delicious. I don't think I'm explaining it well.

Iwan Rheon gives me life. I am on season 3 of Misfits.

View user profile

11 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 pm

I understand, she's a great character and how she maneuvers and manipulates to keep hold of her powers is cool to watch but once she had Sansa's wolf killed and Arya's had to run away, to hatred became real. Lol

View user profile

12 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Cambria wrote:Don't get me wrong about Cercei.  I love her character as a character.  I don't even know how to explain it.  I guess I love to hate her.  But not even that sums it up.  I appreciate the way she is written, and what she brings to the story.  She is evil and cunning and I find that delicious.  I don't think I'm explaining it well.

Iwan Rheon gives me life.  I am on season 3 of Misfits.  

You are spot on. I love to hate her too. She is a strong villain but the kind of villain that's continued existence is a slap in the face when better characters have been killed.

[quote= "Dark Shoobercules"]The show is now caught up to the books so im interested what they will do for the next season. Also my man Littlefinger is still up to no good so i wanna see what he still has up his sleeve. [/quote]

My coworker continues to say the same thing but in truth they have not caught up to the books. A Feast of Crows and A Dance of Dragons chronologically happen at the same time. The events in those books span more characters than any book before it. I can't speak from firsthand knowledge but this season seems to follow: Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, Kingslayer(best character), Cercei, and John. That leaves out: Bran, The Iron Born, Sam and Gilly, and a character whom I believe is important but I can't mention because it will ruin some stuff if you haven't read all of the books yet. Plenty left to cover before they catch up. they could have had enough for 3 seasons at least but they rushed over a lot of things.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

13 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Bran was completely left out of this season, and how his story left off it left alot of questions unanswered so i would love to see more of that next season. Im in love with the GOT world so i would if they focus more on the 2nd and 3rd tier character but i don't see them doing that because most "casual" fans wouldn't go for it

View user profile

14 Re: Game of Thrones spoiler talk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Dark Shoo wrote:Bran was completely left out of this season, and how his story left off it left alot of questions unanswered so i would love to see more of that next season. Im in love with the GOT world so i would if they focus more on the 2nd and 3rd tier character but i don't see them doing that because most "casual"  fans wouldn't go for it  

True, but some of those tertiary characters could be key players very soon. That throne seems to be up for grabs, man. The Lanisters may have it now but The Terrells, The Targaryens, and The Greyjoys. Shit is so real. George R. Martin has something so fantastic here... I wish I could.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum