CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Distribution of Power

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51 Re: The Distribution of Power on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do? Just curious. I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

52 Re: The Distribution of Power on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:26 pm

The Serpent wrote:Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do?  Just curious.  I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

Donnie isn't on the forums, so in game. In time. Color spray. confused Sleep lol!

View user profile

53 Re: The Distribution of Power on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:39 pm

(/*O*)/ ~ ┴─┴

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

54 Re: The Distribution of Power on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:53 pm

The Serpent wrote:(/*O*)/ ~ ┴─┴

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

(ノ^_^)ノ┻━┻ ┬─┬ ノ( ^_^ノ)

View user profile

55 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:06 pm

The Serpent wrote:Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do?  Just curious.  I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

You saw my reaction! I can't believe they sold that scimitar. I am still upset about it.

I don't agree with the "every man for himself" point of view (I think Moose said that). To me, if you don't want to play with the group and help build a strong group, just play video games. Part of the fun of playing table top games is playing with other people.

But, as I said, I also blame the other people in the party for even letting him sell it. I don't understand the current make up of the group. Did people let it go because they didn't want to spend their own gold or trade, because they didn't feel they should have to pay or trade with another person in the party, or because they just didn't understand the value of the item?

View user profile

56 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do?  Just curious.  I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

You saw my reaction! I can't believe they sold that scimitar. I am still upset about it.

I don't agree with the "every man for himself" point of view (I think Moose said that). To me, if you don't want to play with the group and help build a strong group, just play video games.  Part of the fun of playing table top games is playing with other people.

But, as I said, I also blame the other people in the party for even letting him sell it.  I don't understand the current make up of the group.  Did people let it go because they didn't want to spend their own gold or trade, because they didn't feel they should have to pay or trade with another person in the party, or because they just didn't understand the value of the item?

Once he chose to sell it there wasn't much they could have done to stop him but I do believe there was a bit of confusion when it came down to the value of the item.  Nicky is new enough that she might not have realized that the weapon's potential to be magic would have made it worth the trade(though husband number 2 would have given it to her for free I'm sure) and Darnell was just obsessed with getting a big hammer for his character.

The make up is as follows(from my point of view):

Team Fireball
Joey/Bouldershoulder- leader of the dynamic duo
Rob/Etrigan- man of shadow, out to better self and Joey if it doesn't cost him anything

Team Awesome
Darnell/Polaris- leader by vote, concerned with getting a big hammer and having animal companions
Alan/Callaghan- seems to be interested in the advancement of the party, prone to shutdown and become useless if things don't go his way
Nikki/Rachel- noob boobs
Donrick/Gar- out for self and Nikki, quick to grab any treasure everyone ignores but usually let's everyone else have first pick
Lian/Magnus- stays in character, usually isn't sure what's happening
Chad/Smarf- MIA
Tony/Jareth- too nervous about speaking up to do much if anything other than a quick heal or a perfectly timed trap activation
Pat/Mr. Marcus- out for self

I think that the fact that there are two teams illustrates one of the problems and while Team Fireball is well oiled (if shady) Team Awesome is barely a team at all.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

57 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:32 pm

To be honest I wasn't paying much attention to what Donnie-chan was doing. Then I heard him sell the sword and was like...fuck. Then I got distracted trying to find shinies for my character, and a mentor. Then other people went. I just wonder why a monk, whether good or evil, is so interested in material things (i.e. items, gold, etc.). I thought monks were all about the journey and spirituality and the ganja or something. So why he is taking things he can't use, I don't understand. Especially after the whole shenanigans with what new friends might do. What's best for the party does not include selling magical items.

Also in regards to new people, I offered an olive branch in the form of the scroll from the bullywog's prize to us. No one said anything. Except Lem's smartass response. It still stands by the way.

View user profile

58 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Is this the beginning of Team Awesome Fireball? I hold my breath.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

59 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:41 pm

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do?  Just curious.  I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

You saw my reaction! I can't believe they sold that scimitar. I am still upset about it.

I don't agree with the "every man for himself" point of view (I think Moose said that). To me, if you don't want to play with the group and help build a strong group, just play video games.  Part of the fun of playing table top games is playing with other people.

But, as I said, I also blame the other people in the party for even letting him sell it.  I don't understand the current make up of the group.  Did people let it go because they didn't want to spend their own gold or trade, because they didn't feel they should have to pay or trade with another person in the party, or because they just didn't understand the value of the item?

Once he chose to sell it there wasn't much they could have done to stop him but I do believe there was a bit of confusion when it came down to the value of the item.  Nicky is new enough that she might not have realized that the weapon's potential to be magic would have made it worth the trade(though husband number 2 would have given it to her for free I'm sure) and Darnell was just obsessed with getting a big hammer for his character.

The make up is as follows(from my point of view):

Team Fireball
Joey/Bouldershoulder- leader of the dynamic duo
Rob/Etrigan- man of shadow, out to better self and Joey if it doesn't cost him anything

Team Awesome
Darnell/Polaris- leader by vote, concerned with getting a big hammer and having animal companions
Alan/Callaghan- seems to be interested in the advancement of the party, prone to shutdown and become useless if things don't go his way
Nikki/Rachel- noob boobs
Donrick/Gar- out for self and Nikki, quick to grab any treasure everyone ignores but usually let's everyone else have first pick
Lian/Magnus- stays in character, usually isn't sure what's happening
Chad/Smarf- MIA
Tony/Jareth- too nervous about speaking up to do much if anything other than a quick heal or a perfectly timed trap activation
Pat/Mr. Marcus- out for self

I think that the fact that there are two teams illustrates one of the problems and while Team Fireball is well oiled (if shady) Team Awesome is barely a team at all.

I don't know if I could even play in this campaign if that is a serious and honest breakdown of the group... which I am sure it is, because I trust your judgement.

I would be a total bitch.  Alan would throw a chair, Nikki would call me her Shaun, I don't know how Donrick would react...  I would FORCE Tony to speak up and tell everyone to shut to fuck up and let him talk.   Moose and Joey would probably end up on my team, though.

View user profile

60 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:44 pm

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do?  Just curious.  I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

You saw my reaction! I can't believe they sold that scimitar. I am still upset about it.

I don't agree with the "every man for himself" point of view (I think Moose said that). To me, if you don't want to play with the group and help build a strong group, just play video games.  Part of the fun of playing table top games is playing with other people.

But, as I said, I also blame the other people in the party for even letting him sell it.  I don't understand the current make up of the group.  Did people let it go because they didn't want to spend their own gold or trade, because they didn't feel they should have to pay or trade with another person in the party, or because they just didn't understand the value of the item?

Once he chose to sell it there wasn't much they could have done to stop him but I do believe there was a bit of confusion when it came down to the value of the item.  Nicky is new enough that she might not have realized that the weapon's potential to be magic would have made it worth the trade(though husband number 2 would have given it to her for free I'm sure) and Darnell was just obsessed with getting a big hammer for his character.

The make up is as follows(from my point of view):

Team Fireball
Joey/Bouldershoulder- leader of the dynamic duo
Rob/Etrigan- man of shadow, out to better self and Joey if it doesn't cost him anything

Team Awesome
Darnell/Polaris- leader by vote, concerned with getting a big hammer and having animal companions
Alan/Callaghan- seems to be interested in the advancement of the party, prone to shutdown and become useless if things don't go his way
Nikki/Rachel- noob boobs
Donrick/Gar- out for self and Nikki, quick to grab any treasure everyone ignores but usually let's everyone else have first pick
Lian/Magnus- stays in character, usually isn't sure what's happening
Chad/Smarf- MIA
Tony/Jareth- too nervous about speaking up to do much if anything other than a quick heal or a perfectly timed trap activation
Pat/Mr. Marcus- out for self

I think that the fact that there are two teams illustrates one of the problems and while Team Fireball is well oiled (if shady) Team Awesome is barely a team at all.


I think you are misrepresenting us after one game Lem
and for the record I am not only out for myself but I am also not going to give everything away either....I believe you have to earn what you get.
Alan your offer didn't go unnoticed I saw it and thought it was a cool gesture but my opinion is you guys worked hard for the spoils you got and since we weren't there to help you guys you guys should keep them.

View user profile

61 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:49 pm

I may be being a bit harsh in my assessment of the players but I am also not so far off. Though I imply Moose is shady I also clearly acknowledge that Team Fireball is in fact a Team and that is what the group is lacking. Last session saw the most teamwork since the game started and look, you guys survived and completed not 1 or 2 but 3 quest(more or less).

Scabby or not you manage to work well with your dwarf companion and I hope people realize how useful a party is in a social game that relies on team play.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

62 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Malevolent Moose wrote:I think you are misrepresenting us after one game Lem
and for the record I am not only out for myself but I am also not going to give everything away either....I believe you have to earn what you get.
Alan your offer didn't go unnoticed I saw it and thought it was a cool gesture but my opinion is you guys worked hard for the spoils you got and since we weren't there to help you guys you guys should keep them.  

Oh Moose... I think he got you perfect... own it.

You and Joey seem kind of jackassish, but so am I. You could be a good edition, if you just have some decorum when pushing things forward.

I totally agree with you that you shouldn't give things away. People need to earn them, but you also have to consider how items could help the party, and that by helping the party, you help yourself.

View user profile

63 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Did you even read about the class or how it should be played? You watch anime, look how holy monk type characters are played. mainly read class's quick description.

I feel though that many in the group follow this path.

View user profile

64 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Did you even read about the class or how it should be played? You watch anime, look how holy monk type characters are played. mainly read class's quick description.  

I feel though that many in the group follow this path.

Bump!

Facts!


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

65 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Did you even read about the class or how it should be played? You watch anime, look how holy monk type characters are played. mainly read class's quick description.  

I feel though that many in the group follow this path.

Donrick and Tony have been roleplaying longer than I(though I too am still a noob). I do encourage everyone to read their class description though. It definitely points a player in the right direction.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

66 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:00 pm

The Serpent wrote:I may be being a bit harsh in my assessment of the players but I am also not so far off.  Though I imply Moose is shady I also clearly acknowledge that Team Fireball is in fact a Team and that is what the group is lacking.  Last session saw the most teamwork since the game started and look, you guys survived and completed not 1 or 2 but 3 quest(more or less).

Scabby(hate this word) or not you manage to work well with your dwarf companion and I hope people realize how useful a party is in a social game that relies on team play.


I like to think of myself as enigmatical Question Question Question



View user profile

67 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Did you even read about the class or how it should be played? You watch anime, look how holy monk type characters are played. mainly read class's quick description.  

I feel though that many in the group follow this path.

This seems so spot on. I would personally dock him XP for acting outside of his class, or make him change his class to go along with the way he is playing (in game, of course).

View user profile

68 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:04 pm

"Jackassish" Shocked Shocked Shocked

View user profile

69 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Malevolent Moose wrote:"Jackassish" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Have you two met?


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

70 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Dock EXP, bah. Lem would rather kill the toon off and have it start over..haaaha

That will learn the player.

View user profile

71 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:12 pm

My real friends know me so well

Very Happy

But people don't seem to learn like that so I might take a different tact


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

72 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Dock EXP, bah. Lem would rather kill the toon off and have it start over..haaaha

That will learn the player.

This group can't handle that tact... which is why I suggested the other things.

View user profile

73 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Malevolent Moose wrote:"Jackassish" Shocked Shocked Shocked

I meant it as a compliment! Twisted Evil

View user profile

74 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:"Jackassish" Shocked Shocked Shocked

I meant it as a compliment! Twisted Evil


Wouldn't have taken it any other way Wink Wink

View user profile

75 Re: The Distribution of Power on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:59 pm

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do?  Just curious.  I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

You saw my reaction! I can't believe they sold that scimitar. I am still upset about it.

I don't agree with the "every man for himself" point of view (I think Moose said that). To me, if you don't want to play with the group and help build a strong group, just play video games.  Part of the fun of playing table top games is playing with other people.

But, as I said, I also blame the other people in the party for even letting him sell it.  I don't understand the current make up of the group.  Did people let it go because they didn't want to spend their own gold or trade, because they didn't feel they should have to pay or trade with another person in the party, or because they just didn't understand the value of the item?

Once he chose to sell it there wasn't much they could have done to stop him but I do believe there was a bit of confusion when it came down to the value of the item.  Nicky is new enough that she might not have realized that the weapon's potential to be magic would have made it worth the trade(though husband number 2 would have given it to her for free I'm sure) and Darnell was just obsessed with getting a big hammer for his character.

The make up is as follows(from my point of view):

Team Fireball
Joey/Bouldershoulder- leader of the dynamic duo
Rob/Etrigan- man of shadow, out to better self and Joey if it doesn't cost him anything

Team Awesome
Darnell/Polaris- leader by vote, concerned with getting a big hammer and having animal companions
Alan/Callaghan- seems to be interested in the advancement of the party, prone to shutdown and become useless if things don't go his way
Nikki/Rachel- noob boobs
Donrick/Gar- out for self and Nikki, quick to grab any treasure everyone ignores but usually let's everyone else have first pick
Lian/Magnus- stays in character, usually isn't sure what's happening
Chad/Smarf- MIA
Tony/Jareth- too nervous about speaking up to do much if anything other than a quick heal or a perfectly timed trap activation
Pat/Mr. Marcus- out for self

I think that the fact that there are two teams illustrates one of the problems and while Team Fireball is well oiled (if shady) Team Awesome is barely a team at all.

I don't know if I could even play in this campaign if that is a serious and honest breakdown of the group... which I am sure it is, because I trust your judgement.

I would be a total bitch.  Alan would throw a chair, Nikki would call me her Shaun, I don't know how Donrick would react...  I would FORCE Tony to speak up and tell everyone to shut to fuck up and let him talk.   Moose and Joey would probably end up on my team, though.

This is disturbingly accurate......

Also...



Last edited by The Reality Tailor on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum