CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Mirror

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Black Mirror on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:54 pm

If you want a fucked up experience, watch this show. Each episode is a stand alone story. They say it is like Twilight Zone for the digital generation. There are a few episodes that really fucked with my head.

View user profile

2 Re: Black Mirror on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:01 pm

ill check it out when i got some time, bookmarked ep 1

View user profile

3 Re: Black Mirror on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm about to watch an episode tonight, I thought it would be whack but if it's mind-blowing I'm in.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

4 Re: Black Mirror on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:08 pm

The only episode I didn't really like was season 2 episode 3.

Season 2 episode 2 really fucked with my head. I walked away from it just feeling dirty and traumatized.

View user profile

5 Re: Black Mirror on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:31 am

i saw 1 or 2 episodes when it first showed up... It did not grab me. I think im too much of a critic in the Genre, the snob comes out..

View user profile

6 Re: Black Mirror on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:17 pm

If you don't watch the entire 6 episodes, at least watch Season Two Episode Two. It is called "White Bear". It is the one that messed with my head the most.

View user profile

7 Re: Black Mirror on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:57 pm

I watched the first two episodes last night. Don't hate it but it has a very English sensibility.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

8 Re: Black Mirror on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Well, I do love BBC shows.

View user profile

9 Re: Black Mirror on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:36 am

Big.Black.Chickens

I agree on the Brit shows, they tend to pull you in more.

In England sex on the Teli is cool, but violence is taboo.

In the gud old U.S of A Violence is cool and sex is taboo.

View user profile

10 Re: Black Mirror on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 am

Didn't have a chance to watch it last night because I watched Stoker with Laura, I'll get back on it tonight.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

11 Re: Black Mirror on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Cambria wrote:The only episode I didn't really like was season 2 episode 3.  

Season 2 episode 2 really fucked with my head.  I walked away from it just feeling dirty and traumatized.

What was it the moral dilemma that made you feel dirty?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

12 Re: Black Mirror on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Which episode did you watch? I don't want to put in any spoilers.

View user profile

13 Re: Black Mirror on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Cambria wrote:Which episode did you watch?  I don't want to put in any spoilers.

Both, the entitle series really

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

14 Re: Black Mirror on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven SPOILERS Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

The one that messed with my head the post was 2.2 - Where the girl woke up in the town and everyone was videoing her on their cameras and things like that.

What made me feel dirty was the all around fuckery of the episode. You don't find out until the end that she had helped her boyfriend kidnap, rape, torture, and kill a child. So the whole time you are with her in her confusion and fear. You think these people are cruel and murderers, and you feel sorry for her and scared (at least I did). Then, when you find out what she did, you say to yourself "Well, fuck! She fucking deserves this!!" But the catch is that she doesn't even remember who she is or what she has done. You are punishing someone who doesn't even remember their crime. You are making a spectacle of torturing someone.... So then I feel dirty... But then I think, again, about what she did, and I feel, maybe she deserves every bit of it.

But then you realize that children are involved... parents are bringing their children to this torture camp as if it is fun. Isn't that child abuse as well?

Ugh! It seriously fucked with my mind.

But I get really invested in shows, so maybe it is just me.

View user profile

15 Re: Black Mirror on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Unfortunately, someone had told me about the episode but not about the show. So as I watched it I realized that I knew what was going to happen so when the big reveal came I had already figured it out. Even so I was torn. The punishment fit the crime yet if the accused is unaware of what they have done is said punishment truly fare, even if it's justified. In present day when criminals that are mentally ill or deficient commit crimes we put them in mental institutions since regular prison would not be fair. I liked how most episodes made you think. I enjoyed the one where they hade the memory implants and the one with the cycling for merits.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

16 Re: Black Mirror on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:50 pm

That really sucks, because that reveal was so intense. I hate that you didn't get to fully experience it.

View user profile

17 Re: Black Mirror on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Yeah, it would have been powerful. Even having an idea what was happening it still made me think.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum