CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stones of Darkness

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 31]

726 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Next game:

April 9th, Saturday @ Kings Games.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

727 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Sessions Fifteen and Sixteen- Lightning in a Bottle

As far as prisons go, they could have done worse.  Their cell was dry and they were fed twice a day.  They licked their wounds and contemplated their fates.  For a time our heroes were defeated not only in body but in mind.  Second Wind arrived in the shape of two jailors.  Ren and Tiff had made a living as Lightning Lord scouts and had fallen in love.  They might have raised their lovechild within the organization but the mercenary unit had changed dramatically since they’d joined.  Specifically Archer, their leader.  Ever since he’d taken the job from the Green-Eyed Man he had become ruthless and quick to anger.  Where the mercs once ransomed any prisons to whomever would pay, they now killed most after prolonged and  pointless torture.  It had never been the Lightning lord way.  When the temple bowels proved dangerous Archer sent his scout corps down to excavate and deactivate the traps.  They wanted to leave The Lords.

It was Darius that asked why they didn’t just leave.  Ren feared that Archer’s new regime would never let them leave.  The two lovers had seen what the party could do to the mercenaries and wanted to trade freedom for passage south.  Magnus and Badar were all for it and with no other options the party a deal was struck.  Ren and Tiff would release the group and lead them to their gear, from there the two would cause a distraction to lure off as many Lightning Lords away as possible.  The two conspirators left and made preparations as the party waited for their moment.

Meanwhile Squeezle was on his own adventure.  After seeing the size of the force arrayed against them Feldor sent him to find another way into the temple.  The dwarf cleric would have loved to fight his way in but knew that chances of success were not in his favor.  So off went Squeezle to ferret out another entrance.  What he found was a pair of adventurers also looking to avoid the mercenaries occupying the temple.  White Shadow was a human fighter, Night Stalker his magic wielding assistant.  The three shared recon and it was while Squeezle convinced them that there was no way in that he proved himself wrong.

Ren and Tiff made good on their half of the bargain during an early morning shift change.  They snuck the party down a series of dark passages and led them to a plain wooden door.  On the other side was a storage room where four unsuspecting mercs met a party eager to rearm.  A struggle ensued.  It was during this fight that Jareth heard the approach of searching guards hot on their trail.  Desperate he barred the door but the party was trapped with nowhere to go, or so they thought.  The last mercenary standing saw that he was outmatched and decided to take his chances with a secreted chute at the back of the room.  Realizing they were in no better position to take on unknown odds Magnus led the retreat down the same chute.

At the bottom of the chute the party found a chamber half choked with sand and crawling with scorpions the size of hunting dogs.  Squeezle and his new companies tumbled into the fray through a secret passage that swiftly filled with sand.  The group killed the monsters before asking questions but the answers were the same.  Everyone sought the legendary wisdom of The Oracle of Ulon.

With little choice they wandered the uncharted lower levels of the temple finding traps and monsters before coming upon a sealed treasure room.  Within were realistic golden statues and enough coin to make them rich.  Jareth and Night Stalker worked together to decipher a hidden incantation and accidentally broke the curse placed upon the sculptures.  The gold melted away releasing seven men and women including a barbarian named Flugen Shlogen.  The party was eager to hear their story and the strangers were equally curious about their oddly dressed saviors.

400 years ago many traveled far and wide to speak to a sage of great knowledge and the Far-Seeing Eye.  The seven had waited hours to ask a single question of the oracle but that opportunity would never come.  Near sunset a force of snakemen descended upon the temple killing hundreds with blade and fang.  The group had been chased into the lower levels where they were ultimately trapped within the treasure room.  For days they waited for aid before despair set in.  It was an old man familiar with The Sun God’s ways that proposed a foolish means of surviving their tomb.  They each took a piece of gold and walked beneath The All Seeing Eye.  There they rested as gold until our heroes saved them.

The similarities didn't elude the party.  At all turns were green eyed men and snakes.  They promised to help the strangers escape and together the larger group set out to find a way to the upper levels.  Unfortunately, heedless of the other’s cautionary tale, Night Stalker attempted to leave with a silver key and paid the price.  The party tried to invoke the incantation a second time but they were unsuccessful.
They fought their way through swarm filled corpses and more traps until they reached a huge chamber of ancient sand and topple pillars.  A wall collapsed and out of it spilled Bouldershoulder and Etrigan.

Reunited, the party followed a path through the rubble.  Eventually the trail came to a balconied room where skeletons waited in ambush.  After dispatching the animated remains the party were attacked by The Lightning Lords in force.  Etrigan’s quick thinking and Dimension Door Ring turned a dangerous encounter on its ear.  The party cut down the opposition quickly.  Only one of the strangers from the past needed any immediate assistance.  After looting the bodies Bouldershoulder and Etrigan elected to stay at the rear and protect those that couldn't protect themselves.

Darius resumed command and used the enemy's secret passages to the party's advantage.  Following an ancient winding staircase they emerged in a room where a single frail Lightning Lord Scout made his slow way through stone walls with a pickaxe.  The scout surrendered and confirmed that the connecting passage would bring them to Archer’s chambers.  The party wanted answers and a chance to put the mercenary leader in his place.  So Darius, Magnus, Squeezle, Jareth, and Flugen Shlogen set forth for the final confrontation.

“I'll assume Brooks failed to recapture your little band,” Archer said as they entered the chamber.  It was a wide room once used by priest of old to hold mass.  It was bisected by a thirty foot wide crevasse and a sixty foot drop into a lazy underground river.  Spanning the crevasse was a wooden bridge.  There Archer stood, clad in his Lightning Lords livery and a longbow slung over his back.

“We are here to see The Oracle,” Magnus declared in a loud voice.  He stood defiantly as the others spread out.

“As I told you, you are a day too late,” the mercenary said as he gestured toward a body on the far side of the room.  “The Oracle did not survive our questions  I might have been a little too rough.”

“We want the body then.”

“I don’t think so.  I was willing to keep you as prisoners while my men looted this place but you’ve made quite a mess of things.  I’m not an unreasonable man, am I, Jace?”

“No, sir,” answered the one-eyed man as he and three others entered the room from another passage.  Their weapons were readied and they too spread out.

“You can leave now and I will considered the trouble you’ve caused me the price of doing business or else…”

“A fight seems unavoidable,” said Darius.  He kissed the symbol of Odin around his neck and drew his longsword.

“You may be right.  Fine.  TO ARMS!”

Darius and Magnus engaged Jace who, though a talented warrior, was outmatched quickly by men his equal in the art of war.  Squeezle and Flugen dealt with the lesser warriors as Jareth added his heavy flail wherever it was needed.  Archer’s arrows were devastating but the heroes were supported by a collection of Healing Potions and divine favor.  When the battle came to close combat it was Squeezle’s bastard sword that won the day.  As if possessed, the young warrior delivered blow after powerful blow.  Just when Archer seemed defeated his true nature was revealed.  Another snake man of green eyes and green scales.  The fight grew more intense and at it’s peak atop the wooden bridge, the fake Archer released a massive concussive force that pummeled the party and destroyed the bridge.  They plummeted into the river below where the serpent escaped while the heroes saved Squeezle.

With Archer defeated they climbed out of the crevasse and turned their attention to the body of the Oracle of Ulon.

To be continued…

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

728 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:21 pm

So I guess I am having a conversation with a corps. That should make for good story telling.

View user profile

729 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Toepoker wrote:So I guess I am having a conversation with a corps.  That should make for good story telling.

we are unto bigger and better things.

currently we are on the trail of the next key

View user profile

730 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon May 09, 2016 11:41 am

Next game:

May 14th, Saturday @ Kings Games.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

731 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon May 09, 2016 1:40 pm

The Serpent wrote:Next game:

cool. now wheres that update???

View user profile

732 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Vashir wrote:

I'll try to post it today but i messed up. i procrastinated the past couple of weeks assuming I could post it by this Wednesday but this week has been so hectic that I have barely written anything.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

733 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri May 13, 2016 3:27 pm

The Serpent wrote:
Vashir wrote:

I'll try to post it today but i messed up.  i procrastinated the past couple of weeks assuming I could post it by this Wednesday but this week has been so hectic that I have barely written anything.

get it together lem. tomorrow is game time

View user profile

734 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri May 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Session Seventeen- The Oracle

“I knew you would be coming but I believed that you would arrive before the minions of The Green Eyed Serpent.” said the little goblin.

“You man servant is dead.  If you are all knowing, why didn’t you stop this from happen?” Etrigan said, his skepticism was plain.

“My visions show me things that have happened, things that are happening and things that might happen.  They come in jumbles… sometimes I get things wrong.”

“So you’re useless?”

“Oracle, we are here for The Keys to The World Tree,” interrupted Darius.  “The kingdom is in grave danger.”

“More than just the kingdom I fear.  The Green Eyed Serpent has never cared much about kingdoms and national borders.  The Serpent will destroy all life if allowed to carry out his plans.  You must collect the other two keys,” she said.

“You continue to state things we already know.  We came here for the keys, the priests said you’d have them, hand them over.”  Etrigan had come to the end of his patients and put his hand on the hilt of his sword.

“The keys are not here.”

“Well, do you know where they are?”

“Yes.”

“You are infuriating!”

“I think you’re growing to like me.”

“Shut up,” the catkin assassin growled before having a seat.

“You’ll have your glory and riches, I’ve seen it.”

“Oracle.  The keys.”  Darius was far more understanding of the eccentric character.

“Oh, right.  I hid The Sun Blade within The Broken Doun Palace.”

“So we must search The Broken Down Palace?”

“No.  I sealed the palace years ago.  First you must retrieve the blood of the cyclops, Borgious The Ire.  Then you must go to The Broken Doun Palace and find the key.”

“I want to kill you,” grumbled Etrigan.

“You’d be surprised how often I hear that,” said The Oracle of Ulon.  “Come, let us head outside.  We have a long trip ahead of us.”

It was Jareth that noticed the strange spectral eye watching the party from concealment.  He tried to catch it but proved too slow.  Instinct told him to warn the others and he did.  It vanished before anyone could react but not before the oracle caught a glimpse.

“The Green Eyed Serpent has been a danger to man since his arrival here.  I fear that the opening of The World Tree is a part of a much larger game… His magic keeps him out of my visions and yet tries to ensnare me with false images.  You must be careful on your journey,” the oracle mused.

“You will be coming with us,” asked Jareth with childlike innocence.

“No.”

“Of course not.  That would be helpful.”

“Oracle, what of our companions.  They have waited a long time to speak with you,” said Darius as he gestured to those once golden statues.

“They and I will speak in private once we reach our destination.”

“Destination?”

“Yes.”

“I’m going to lose it…”  Etrigan stood and walked away before his blade acted on its own.

“We will talk outside.”

With that the oracle disappeared behind her little door and left the party to their own devices.  The party set to looting before making their way cautiously out of the ancient temple.  Their new friends had spent hundreds of years waiting to speak to the little woman and seemed content to wait a little longer if necessary.  What they found outside could only be described as a war zone.  There were bodies strewn everywhere and much of The Lightning Lord camp had been set ablaze.  The Oracle had found her way into the center of the chaos and was speaking with a strange young woman.

She introduced herself as Camella Noir and she was an agent on the hunt for The Green Eyed Serpent.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  With the oracle’s recommendation she was welcomed with open arms.  The conductors of the mayhem, Ren and Tiff, came out of hiding.  The party set to scavenging the ruined camp and The Oracle of Ulon explained the next step of their journey.

“Here is a map to the fortress in the mist, where I’ve hidden the blood of Borgious.  Once you have the blood you will follow the map to The Broken Doun Palace, where I have sealed The Sun Blade.  One you have the second key I will meet you in the city buried in the snow.”

“So we traveled all the way out here to get a quest to find blood and use it to open the place where a key is being kept?  Great, just great,” groaned Etrigan.

“What of our companions and friends?” asked Magnus.

“They will travel with me and i will answer their questions.  It is no mistake that they’ve crossed your path.  Their fates and your own are intertwined.”

“I’m not interested in the mumbo jumbo, lady.  Where is the third key?”

“I will tell you what you need to know when we see each other again.”

“... I hate you.”

“Know that The Green Eyed Serpent will not stop until he has returned all living creatures to dust.  You must be careful, and make haste.”

With very little ceremony, save for Flugen Shlogen promising his love interest that he would return to her side, they parted ways.  The oracle leading her large entourage to civilization to await the party’s return and the party setting out to get the blood of a cyclops in order to retrieve a key to world’s most dangerous prison.  Our heroes struck out north west in search of a mist covered mountain range and a fortress shrouded in mystery.

To be continues…

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

735 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri May 13, 2016 5:28 pm

hopefully we dont get sqished by Minotaurs first

View user profile

736 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon May 16, 2016 1:08 pm

I had a great time Saturday, and I wanted to thank Khourie for making an appearance and rounding out the party with his short lived Feliruu Ranger. Good times.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

737 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon May 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Session Eighteen- Bones in the Mist

Misty Heath Mountains

A strange party of would be heroes skirt the village of Mistvale as they continue north, gradually climbing towards the mountain peaks.  They sought a fortress buried in obscurity and mist, forgotten by time.  The Oracle of Ulon had hidden something of great importance within.  To save the kingdom they were determined to find it.

Aside from a humorous encounter with Dani The Traveling Trader and a cleverly disguised pitfall, the trip into the mountains proper was uneventful.  Thanks to Dani’s tips they were able to find a worn by hand hewn stairwell and path that led to an ancient stone bridge.  On the other side of the bridge the ever present mist parted to reveal a bare summit and the top of an ancient stronghold.  The Fortress in The Mist.  Eager to have the blood of the cyclops they quickly found a way into the fortress’s upper levels.

They had hoped to avoid any unnecessary trouble but those creatures that had taken residence in the ancient structure were not of like mind.  Soon they were beset by marauding Grimlocks, pale blind savages, as well as wells swarms of rats disturbed by reckless looting.  Visibility was an issue as well as the party’s stockpile of healing.  Bouldershoulder’s absence was taking it’s toll on their reserves.  Blind enemies in zero visibility and fearless hungry vermin were proving more dangerous than undead and lizardmen.  The party eventually needed to regroup, rest and restock on spells.

Their second incursion led to a room populated by a strange creature resembling an enormous ant and a smoking volcano.  It’s chimney stack rear seemed to be contributing to the thick mist.  They fight was quick and when the creature exploded it released steam that made the mist even thicker.  Deeper into the misty fortress they delved.  Magnus was cut down by a minotaur and yet another vital magic resource was depleted to return him to the land of the living.  It was while fighting more of the horned beast that they saved a Catkin Ranger named Mirrin.  He was part of a group of adventurers hoping to conquer the fortress but ended their lives in a minotaur’s cooking pot.  Unfortunately he soon died to the ladle of a minotaur cook.  The party made short work of the overwhelmed chief and while looting her kitchen discovered the wizard Gemini.  Hopefully his story will prove longer.

To be continued…

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

738 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon May 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Death Count: As of Session Eighteen

Lizardmen: 27(5 women and children)
Dream Spiders: 5
Bullywugs: 1
*Hannis: 1
Skeletons: 11
Cultists: 12
Dire Rats: 4
Crocodile: 1
Calli Rubyking: 1
*Klassiss, Blackscale Chieftain: 1
Rubella(the panther):1
Shady Commoner: 1
Polaris, King of The Ursine: 1
Rogues: 10
Assassin: 1
Bandits: 12
Rachel, The Contract Killer: 1
Tribesmen: 10
Owlbears: 1
Assassin Vine: 2
Ogres: 1
Gar, The Drunken Monk: 1
Dwarves: 8
Zombies, Elite: 24
*Ellynwin, Fenborn: 1
Kobolds: 34
*Hydra: 1
Gelatinous Cube: 1
Crixis Kensington III: 1
Giant: 1
Jareth Carri: 1
Pharoah Leech
Mercs- Lightning Lords: 31
Ranger Girl: 1
Giant Spiders: 6
Mummy: 1
*Jace, lightning Lord Lt.: 1
*Archer, Lightning Lord Cpt.: 1
Grimlocks: 5
Mistback Ant: 1
Rat Swarm: 1
Minotaur: 5
Magnus, son of Magnus: 2
Mirrin, Last of The Big Game Hunters: 1

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

739 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon May 16, 2016 4:58 pm

The Party Right Now:

Alastrann Callaghan(NPC status)
-Human Illusionist
Marcus Goodman(MIA)
-Human Rogue
Callieach RubyKing(dead)
-Dwarf Fighter
Jareth Carri
-Feliruu Cleric lvl 5
Smarf Smarf(MIA)
-Feliruu Rogue/Ranger
Polaris, king of The Ursine(dead)
-Half-Orc Druid
Gar(dead)
-Half-Orc Monk
Rachel(dead)
-Human Assassin
Magnus
-Half-orc Fighter lvl 5
Feldor Bouldershoulder(NPC status)
-Dwarf Cleric
Etrigan(on hiatus)
-Feliruu Assassin lvl 6
Crixis Kensington III(dead)
-Gnome Wizard
Squeezle
-Human Fighter lvl 4
Kodiak, The Wanderer(reserves)
-Human Barbarian
Darius Pendragon, Champion of Odin
-Human Paladin lvl 3
Ranger Girl(dead)
-Human Ranger
Badar Laast(reserves)
-Human Wizard
White Shadow(NPC status)
-Human Fighter
Nightwalker(dead)
-Human Wizard
Camella Noir
-Human Assassin lvl 4
Mirrin(dead)
-Feliruu Ranger
Gemini
-Human Wizard lvl 3

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

740 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue May 17, 2016 11:04 am

The Serpent wrote:I had a great time Saturday, and I wanted to thank Khourie for making an appearance and rounding out the party with his short lived Feliruu Ranger.  Good times.

you act like darnell you get treated like darnell lol!

View user profile

741 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue May 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Vashir wrote:
The Serpent wrote:I had a great time Saturday, and I wanted to thank Khourie for making an appearance and rounding out the party with his short lived Feliruu Ranger.  Good times.

you act like darnell you get treated like darnell lol!

LMAO!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

742 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue May 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Spellcasting

The question came up recently about what a player could do if they have used all of their spells for the day and wished to acquire more.  turns out hat with half of the party being spellcasters, whether Arcane or Divine, this is a great topic of discussion. The answer is simple: Once a player has used all of his allotted spells for the day there is unable to cast anymore.  He/she has spent all of their daily spells.  Easy answer, but I will broaden the discussion.

Divine spellcasters choose their spells from their respective spell list after praying for them at the appropriate time, determined by their deity and the GM.  In essence they have access to every spell in their lexicon as long as they are of level to cast it.  Scrolls allow for the casting of higher level spells but they are one-time use unless stated otherwise (very rarely I throw these in so don't hold your breath waiting to find one).  On certain occasions a player might entreat their chosen deity for favor and possibly a spell that they do not currently have but a response is solely up to the GM.  Even so, the player's spells per day would still apply.  If one has used their only two level 2 spells on healing an ally they will not be getting a third spell.  Sorry.

Note: There are systems and alternative rules for this but currently (May 31st, 2016) I use the aforementioned rules.

Arcane spellcasters choose from a collection of acquired spells known as a spellbook.  Their library of available spells is limited to what the player chose when their character was created and spells found/purchased during roleplaying.  Scrolls of arcane magic allow the player to cast spells they might not know but also is an opportunity for the caster to expand his/her knowledge.  An arcane caster can attempt to copy spells from scrolls into their spellbooks.  Failure means the spell is lost, erased from the scroll in the attempt and unsuccessfully transcribed.  success means the spell is erased from the scroll but added to the book's pages.  A similar attempt can be used to copy spells from another spellcaster's spellbook, thus spellbooks are heavily sought by wizards and illusionist.  Unfortunately this also makes a wizard's spellbook their most valued possession.  An arcane caster can take time to memorize a new spell rather than use one memorized earlier, level of spell multiplied by 10 minutes.  However, the player's spells per day would still apply.  If one has cast one of two level 3 spells and decides that he would rather have Invisibility handy instead of Fireball then he could spend thirty minutes in game studying and replacing the spell.  He/she would forget the Fireball and gain Invisibility but would never exceed the spells per day.

Note: A wizard without a spellbook is little more than a merchant.  Knowledgeable, but mostly useless.

Feel free to ask questions.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

743 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Sessions Nineteen and Twenty- Temple of Blood

Nagug-Malg entered the chamber of contemplation with a mix of joy and fear.  He his was the role of chronicler, a task handed him by his father and his father before him.  His tools, chisel and bevel, were at his hip.  Before him was the Wall of Knowings where the histories of his people had been recorded since The Little Great One brought them The Treasured Gift centuries earlier.  History had been made that day and the world would forever be changed.

Strangers had come.  Strangers from different tribes and among them The Cat That Would, the main character in many of Nagug’s dream visions.  The main character in the dream visions of every chronicler for centuries.  His coming would herald the end of the tribe’s guardianship of The Treasured Gift.  It was a time of change for The people of The Sightless Shrine.

The tribe tested the strangers with blood and stone as was required and they proved strong but unready, some believed unworthy.  Wounded the strangers fled below into the region claimed by the Boiler Bugs, the minotaurs, and The Darkness.  The elders laughed at the strangers foolishness.  Once more outsiders had come to the doorstep of the sacred temple but were unable to gain entrance.  This newest group was the first to choose The Darkness over retreating.  There was no shame in the warriors refusing to chase them down below for the minotaurs had feasted on the tribe for years and only fools wandered into their maze.  The Strangers were surely doomed.

Yet they weren’t they emerged from the maze stinking of death, minotaurs and a hint of The Darkness.  The scouts watched them leave and in the night witnessed strange vermin activity.  The tribe believed the Strangers resourceful but still unworthy and their hubris caused them to lower their guard.  Nagug shook his head.  The ribe let their guard down and that is when The Darkness attacked.  The warriors were sent to hold the line and keep the sacred temple safe.  As if part of an elaborate strategy, the strangers fought their way past the honor guards and through The Test of Fire.  It was in The Hall of Telling that the strangers finally revealed that they carried the token of The Little Great One.  They were not just invaders intent on plundering the temple’s treasures but chosen sent to challenge The Champion.

In her infinite wisdom, The Little Great One had not only sent The Cat That Would, but also a scholar that could decipher the ancient writings and share the lost teachings.  So the tribe gave them succor while the warrior faithful fought back The Darkness.  Two days passed.  Two days of warring with enemies from the depths while the challenger prepared to face The Test of Arms.  Strangely the challenger was not The Cat That Would but one of his allies, a massive brute that they called Magnus.  He was impressive to see but defeating The Champion would take more than size, it would take skill.  The tribe had pushed The Darkness back but at no small cost but celebration was postponed until after the test, after their fate was decided.  Magnus entered alone and the tribe chanted in counterbalance to the scholar’s own encouraging song.  In the end the one known as Magnus exited the test victorious, the tribe’s new champion and the wielder of Reaver.

Nagug-Malg sat back exhausted, etching memories into The Wall of Knowings was draining but with The Treasured Gift claimed by a new champion the time had come for the tribe to find it’s new path.

After fighting minotaurs, giant poisonous centipedes, strange mist forming ants, and a tribe of religious grimlocks the party finally completed the first part of their mission.  They had the blood, though Magnus might have ruined the magic that kept it fresh.  The next step was to reach The Broken Doun Palace.  They left the fortress in the mist but instead of a much needed break they found a large force waiting for them.  At its head was Archer, or the creature pretending to be Archer.  The green-eyed serpents wanted the blood just as much as the party needed.  The fate of the worlds depended on it.

To be continues…

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

744 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Death Count: As of Session Twenty

Calli Rubyking: 1
*Klassiss, Blackscale Chieftain: 1
Rubella(the panther):1
Shady Commoner: 1
Polaris, King of The Ursine: 1
Rogues: 10
Assassin: 1
Bandits: 12
Rachel, The Contract Killer: 1
Tribesmen: 10
Owlbears: 1
Assassin Vine: 2
Ogres: 1
Gar, The Drunken Monk: 1
Dwarves: 8
Zombies, Elite: 24
*Ellynwin, Fenborn: 1
Kobolds: 34
*Hydra: 1
Gelatinous Cube: 1
Crixis Kensington III: 1
Giant: 1
Jareth Carri: 1
Pharoah Leech: 1
Mercs- Lightning Lords: 31
Ranger Girl: 1
Giant Spiders: 6
Mummy: 1
*Jace, Lightning Lord Lt.: 1
*Archer, Lightning Lord Cpt.: 1
Grimlocks: 12
Mistback Ant: 1
Rat Swarm: 1
Minotaur: 8
Magnus, son of Magnus: 2
Mirrin, Last of The Big Game Hunters: 1
Flugen Shlogin, Barbarian out of time: 1
Huge Monstrous Centipedes: 3
Darius, Chosen of Odin: 1
Gemini, of The Sorcerer's Hat: 1
*Guardian of The Sightless Shrine:1

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

745 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:32 pm

death to Archer and the would be green eyed man

View user profile

746 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Next game, July 2nd @ Kings Games 1:30pm

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

747 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:25 pm

The Serpent wrote:Next game, July 2nd @ Kings Games 1:30pm

Next game, July 2nd @ Kings Games 1:30pm

July 9th @ Kings Games. We're trying for 1:30pm

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

748 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:44 pm

When chrome remembers your password from 30 years ago...

View user profile http://vespertinesoul.tumblr.com

749 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:16 am

The Updates That Time Forgot, An Abbreviated History(sessions twenty-one to twenty-five)

The party traveled along the route marked on The oracle's map and were led to a land cursed with the plague of the undead.  On its edge was the town of Graves End.  There they learned of the Doun Palace, broken by a legendary magus, the epicenter of the plague, and the hiding place of the second key.  With little choice the party ventured into the cursed Doun Lands, and through waves of zombies and encounters with even stranger beast they reached the palace where they were confronted by the spectral protector whose eye they held in an enchanted case.  They surmounted that challenge and forged ahead.  Now they stand in the haunted halls of The Broken Doun Palace where the spirits of the damned bar their way.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

750 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Death Count: As of Session Twenty-Five