CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stones of Darkness

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 29 of 31]

701 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:52 pm

A Recap...

The World Tree has been unlocked and enemies of old have been released including the frost giants that had once threatened to freeze the entire world. The long winter has returned and something must be done. Our heroes have been charged with finding The Oracle of Ulon and learning the whereabouts of the other two keys for all three must be used to seal The Tree once more.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

702 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:40 pm

The Serpent wrote:Next Game- January 9th

and then January 23rd, I don't want this game to die so I need to get a few games together to get you guys back in the mood.  As long as I have at least two PCs (plus Squeezle) I'm going to run it so I hope to see you guys.

is this game happening on or before Jan 23rd?

View user profile

703 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:09 am

Vashir wrote:

and then January 23rd, I don't want this game to die so I need to get a few games together to get you guys back in the mood.  As long as I have at least two PCs (plus Squeezle) I'm going to run it so I hope to see you guys.

is this game happening on or before Jan 23rd?

Two games: Jan. 9, and Jan. 23

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

704 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Quick Recap

Your search should start three days north of The Blackscale Swamp, at the old Temple of Ra.” directed The High Priest of Odin.

“Then I will confront this storm and see if I can slow the advance of these giants.” said The Paladin of Providence.  The Catkin Ranger from Williamsburg offered to aid him.  No one seemed opposed to letting the foreigner help or sending the hunter with him.

The priest provided provisions and payment for the adventurer’s services and wished them safe journey.  With little time to lose the party rested the night and set out early that morning with little fanfare and an eye open for assassins.

North to The Blackscale and then circumventing the dangerous swamp region.

It was two days into their trip that they caught wind of a group following them.  A trap was laid and an ambush was sprung unfortunately our heroes weren’t the only ones working in subterfuge.  They party waylaid a  group of lackeys, leaving Darius and Squeezle to man the horses and supplies.  That is when an assassin by the name of The Black Cat, a catkin contract killer, made his first attempt on the two.  In the end Squeezle was able to get help and Darius was spared a trip to The Breadmaker’s ovens but with the adventure just begun there are bound to be more perils up ahead.

I hope you guys are ready

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

705 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Okay I cant make tomorrows game, I will be in Jersey. The 23 I might be able to do. I leave what ever is needed to Moose if he cant make it then to our burly Half Orc Tank. Just to keep the story moving forward.

View user profile

706 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:36 pm

The game proved to be pretty fun though the party is in a precarious position as of right now. They survived forest fires, wild animals, and bandits but due to a misstep have found themselves the guest of a mercenary army.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

707 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:24 pm

So with the snow storm coming/not coming and being severe/mild I'm going to postpone the next game until February 6th. Hopefully we can have the whole crew back together.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

708 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:46 pm

The Serpent wrote:

So with the snow storm coming/not coming and being severe/mild I'm going to postpone the next game until February 6th.  Hopefully we can have the whole crew back together.

a little snow never hurt nobody

View user profile

709 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Official next game due to scheduling issues with the players is:

February 13th

Hope to see everyone there!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

710 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:38 am

The Serpent wrote:Official next game due to scheduling issues with the players is:

February 13th

Hope to see everyone there!

i can make this

View user profile

711 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Session Thirteen At a Glance

The party ventured into the woods, leaving their wagon and horses with Bouldershoulder, Etrigan and the motley crew of NPCs that follow them around.  They are attacked by indigenous wildlife know as Pharaoh Leeches and assisted by intelligent little rodents called Monk Squirrels.  On their second day in the wood they fall victim to an unconventional assassination attempt, a forest fire, orchestrated by The Black Cat.  They defeat his goons once more bu the feliruu does not make an appearance.  Electing not to rest the party continues on and come upon their destination, The Lost Temple of Ra.  However the temple proved to be lost but not forgotten.

A group of mercenaries calling themselves The Lightning Lords have set up shop at the temple and bar the way to the oracle inside.  Magnus and Darius attempt to parley while the others creep around but when the later are captured the diplomats are put in a tough spot.  The question becomes:  What will they do?

Tune in this weekend to find out.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

712 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:31 pm

I am sorry all that I haven't been able to go for the last couple of sessions. I am trying to get this promotion at work and have been doing a lot of extra work, plus getting my resume together. which hasn't been up dated in 20 years. Have to get a new suit and shoes. My interview is Tuesday so wish me luck. Then the boiler in my mom's house breaks down. Its cracked and needs to be replaced. But its going to cost about 3k. Which is money that I don't have lying around so I got to work for it. I am hoping that I can attend the next session after I get my tax money and replace the boiler. I put in a sealer that is sold at home depot for cracked boilers its a temporary fix but its working.

View user profile

713 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:41 am

Next game:

March 5th, Saturday @ Kings Games.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

714 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:20 pm

The Serpent wrote:Next game:

March 5th, Saturday @ Kings Games.

ill save the date

View user profile

715 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Session Fourteen At a Glance

At the mercy of The Lightning Lords, the party attempted to talk their way out of a precarious position but they were not the only people found snooping around the old temple. A young wizard, Badar, claiming to be the apprentice of the renown mage Omen of Tar Cove was also captured. Talk quickly turned to ransoming the boy to the well to do master when the camp fell under mysterious attack. The Lords retreated and the party were saved by the catkin assassin, Etrigan. They freed the boy and found that they all had a common goal, to speak to The Oracle of Ulon. They approached the larger camp around the temple where a small force was left to guard the road while the larger group fortified the inside. Entering would not be easy. Parley was attempted but when an overzealous mercenary attempted to snatch Badar, Magnus led the party in cutting the defenders down. With blood on their hands and combat lust in their hearts, they charged into the temple.

Badar proved to possess great magic and paired with Darius' innovations the party easily punched through the initial opposition. But they were quickly overwhelmed when opposing magic was brought to bear. They were capture, told of the oracle's demise, and imprisoned... what they do next will determine their fate. Can they survive The Temple of Ra?

Tune in this weekend to find out.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

716 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Next game:

March 26th, Saturday @ Kings Games.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

717 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:49 pm

The Serpent wrote:Next game:

March 26th, Saturday @ Kings Games.

i can make this

View user profile

718 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:50 am

Yall gonna play on my and Pat's birthday!

View user profile

719 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:31 pm

you are more than welcome to drive up and join us. But we will have a cake in your honor if you cant make it.

View user profile

720 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:59 pm

Yeah, I can't do that. I wish I could.

View user profile

721 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:10 pm

the cake was good! cheers

View user profile

722 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

View user profile

723 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Cambria wrote:Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad