CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stones of Darkness

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 28 of 31]

676 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Basically We found our way out of the world tree fought a couple of giants, got back to the church in Carrington to see the High Priest and try to find out how to control this hammer/key item and why the world is turning into an Ice age from Hoth

View user profile

677 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Also Boldershoulder put one of the giants in it place and told it to be quiet and it listened. He told another one not to look at him and the giant went blind. He fed a village with nothing but a word. He killed a kobold by beating him over the head with another kobold. Led a band of misfits into the world tree turned them into a fighting group and then led them back out smaller granted but most of them came back out. Now that guy Priest is great and an all around bad ass. Cool Cool

View user profile

678 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Moose made it sound boring, but Joey fired it up. All of those things sound awesome. Did you get any good spoils?

View user profile

679 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:16 pm

If we put moose and tony work a corner and sell O.G.L. to the glue factory we may be able to just break even. All of the weapons we found were +1 which helped those who didn't have + weapons keep up. We found some rings but the only person who knew what they were is dead LMAO. Greed is a many splendid thing.

View user profile

680 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:36 am

Cambria wrote:Moose made it sound boring, but Joey fired it up.  All of those things sound awesome.  Did you get any good spoils?

You wanted it short and sweet that's what ya got... I could have added graphs and Economic theory but then I only Supplied what you Demanded

View user profile

681 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:37 am

Toepoker wrote:If we put moose and tony work a corner and sell O.G.L. to the glue factory we may be able to just break even.  All of the weapons we found were +1 which helped those who didn't have + weapons keep up.  We found some rings but the only person who knew what they were is dead LMAO.  Greed is a many splendid thing.

Good old Cheap Lem expects us to fight Medusa with a chipped sword and rusty axe....

View user profile

682 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:30 pm

Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:Moose made it sound boring, but Joey fired it up.  All of those things sound awesome.  Did you get any good spoils?

You wanted it short and sweet that's what ya got... I could have added graphs and Economic theory but then I only Supplied what you Demanded

I would never speak to you again if you ruined this beautiful forum with economics.

View user profile

683 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Toepoker wrote:If we put moose and tony work a corner and sell O.G.L. to the glue factory we may be able to just break even.  All of the weapons we found were +1 which helped those who didn't have + weapons keep up.  We found some rings but the only person who knew what they were is dead LMAO.  Greed is a many splendid thing.

BBBBBBWWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!Choices had to be made........

View user profile

684 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:10 pm

Lord Naiilo wrote:

You guys are terrible. OGL is your road dog, you can't sell him off. You guys should just go back and take all of the treasure before you and not just snatch a bit and running away. If the monsters are too tuff or the challenges too great then maybe you got what treasure you deserve. Just saying.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

685 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey now! You seem to have forgotten who told the Giant to shut the F! up. Granted I got Punted by his buddy but I knew I had a good crew who would look out. Plus when I told his friend to look away I said it with such a command that he knew that he had to listen. The way this group is performing you know that we are going back. Plus I didnt have matches on me so when i burn the place down we can all have a cook out. I am am going to add the wolf's teeth to my hammer for extra damage. Or make some brass knuckles with them. So that when i go and bitch slap his mom we can say that he sent her a kiss. affraid Twisted Evil

View user profile

686 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:48 pm

The Serpent wrote:
Lord Naiilo wrote:

You guys are terrible.  OGL is your road dog, you can't sell him off.  You guys should just go back and take all of the treasure before you and not just snatch a bit and running away.  If the monsters are too tuff or the challenges too great then maybe you got what treasure you deserve.  Just saying.

I got my life........and i did get some treasure.........but my life...my life.......priceless!!!!

View user profile

687 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:31 pm

Game Day this Saturday 10/24/15. Who is available?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

688 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:48 pm

November was National Novel Writing Month so all of my energy was spent working on a project but December has come and The Stones of Darkness still need to be disturbed. I have returned.

Did you miss me?(the words echo throughout an empty forum) I bet you did.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

689 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:51 pm

The Serpent wrote:November was National Novel Writing Month so all of my energy was spent working on a project but December has come and The Stones of Darkness still need to be disturbed.  I have returned.

Did you miss me?(the words echo throughout an empty forum)  I bet you did.

I've missed you boo boo!

View user profile

690 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Session Twelve- The Keys

The party wanted answers and The High Priest of Thor wanted time to analyze the hammer that had caused so much trouble.  They relinquished the weapon and visited a local magic shop run by brothers Ahk and Akie.  Outside they met a ranger looking to join an active adventuring party.  Selling the trinkets gained within The Tree and using coin gained in the same place they restocked for their trip back to the world spanning prison.  The High Priest had requested an hour and they gave it to him.  Etrigan used some of the time to touch base with his contact at The Shit Stain, Shard Tooth.  What the assassin told him was worth more than a few smokes of catkin.  The White Wolves were in the middle of an internal war: One faction had refused a contract on the party's lives, the other actively hunted for the adventurers.  It was no matter of loyalty towards our heroes but a matter of honor, The Old Wolves had declared a truce and the contract broke said truce, and If honest businessmen didn't have their word what did they have?

They returned to The Temple of Thor after surviving an attempt on Magnus’ life and were guided to a meeting of the faith already in progress.  Three four priest of the highest standings discussed matters of dire importance, representing the followers of Thor, Baldur, Freya, and Odin.  The latter joined all the way from Lavian via magic.  The four priest gave the party a history lesson.

In the time of The First Settlers, after man had narrowly avoided The End, their dwindling numbers were sorely tested by The Tusker Orcs.  Yet the tuskers weren't their biggest or most dangerous foes.  In desperation the people turned to their gods but those deities that had made the passage from the old world were still weak.  It fell to the obscure gods of a different time and the men that represented them.  A great meeting of the Faith's was held and a solution was devised.

The World Tree, gateway and bridge to other worlds, could be sealed and our enemies trapped within.  Yet the way could not be permanently barred, the old text does not explain why, so keys were constructed.  They would be powerful weapons both in use and design.  Crafted to draw strength from powerful artifacts of all three religions, the keys took on the characteristics of their sources.
Of the Norse there was
Eisen-Schlussel for Thor’s Donnerschlag
Of the Egyptians there was
The Sun’s Edge for Ra’s The Trinity Blade
Of the Christians there was
The Bolt of Saint Peter for The Spear of Longinus
The keys were forged and the enemies of man were pushed back as well as the monsters of the three faiths.  The keys were joined and the way was blocked.  The World Tree was changed from passageway to prison.
For a time the keys were revered and our Faith's prospered.  But man is forgetful by nature and the gods of the old world bury everything that challenges their worship.

“Whoever orchestrated this series of events has access to ancient lore and no love for mankind.” said the eldritch apparition of The High Priest of Odin.  The priest had shared what they knew in hopes that the party would understand the magnitude of the events set in motion.

“Our focus must be to find the villains responsible.” stated an armored figure at the rear of the inner sanctum.  He was massive in size, nearing seven feet, with a warrior's bearing.

“Allies, this is The Paladin of Providence.  He was sent north by the priest of The First Cathedral to investigate a series of dark omens that led him here just after you left in search of Father Nicky.” explained The High Priest of Thor.

“I disagree with the paladin.  Our focus should be training me in the use of this hammer so that I can return to The Tree and seal it once more.” declared Feldor Bouldershoulder.  His peers nodded in agreement as did the priest of Baldur.

“I'm sorry but matters are not that simple.” said the priest of Odin from leagues away.  Lavian was in the grips of a blizzard the likes of which no one living had experienced.  “The text states that only a true believer can wield a key to its fullest potential.  Further more, while each key can open a section of The World Tree all three are needed to close those doors once thrown open.”

“Then where are the other keys, you doddering fools?” growled the short tempered dwarf.
“We do not know.” the priest admitted.

“The Oracle of Ulon would know.” said the priest of Freya.  “But no one has seen him in decades.  He may be a fool’s errand.”

“As we are in a room full of fools, it seems only fitting.” chimed the dwarf, brimming with rudeness.

“As our… Tactless friend points out, we are the best prepared and equipped for the tasks before us.” acknowledged the priest of Thor.  “I have no doubt that the giants that the adventurers encountered are related to the storm that ravages the south, and we will need the oracle’s knowledge if we are to acquire the other keys and put a haunt to what has been wrought.  Two task but one party.  What will you do, heroes?”

“The better question is what will you dunderheads do while we are gone.” asked the dwarf.

“We will consolidate our power, we will inform the nobility, and reach out to The Church of The Five Houses.  We will also search for anymore information concerning The World Tree.”

“Look into the green eyed bastards that seem to pop up at every turn.” ordered Etrigan.  He took the opportunity to tell the clergy of the price on their heads and the green eyed man that placed it.

“We aren't prepared for an army of Giants, not yet.” Magnus declared.

“My stealth tree attack failed…” added Squeezle.  Everyone ignored him.

“We will search for this Oracle of Ulon.” said Darius, speaking for the entire group.  “Where do we begin our search?”

“Your search should start three days north of The Blackscale Swamp, at the old Temple of Ra.” directed The High Priest of Odin.

“Then I will confront this storm and see if I can slow the advance of these giants.” said The Paladin of Providence.  The Catkin Ranger from Williamsburg offered to aid him.  No one seemed opposed to letting the foreigner help or sending the hunter with him.

The priest provided provisions and payment for the adventurer’s services and wished them safe journey.  With little time to lose the party rested the night and set out early that morning with little fanfare and an eye open for assassins.

North to The Blackscale and then circumventing the dangerous swamp region.

It was two days into their trip that they caught wind of a group following them.  A trap was laid and an ambush was sprung unfortunately our heroes weren’t the only ones working in subterfuge.  They party waylaid a  group of lackeys, leaving Darius and Squeezle to man the horses and supplies.  That is when an assassin by the name of The Black Cat, a catkin contract killer, made his first attempt on the two.  In the end Squeezle was able to get help and Darius was spared a trip to The Breadmaker’s ovens but with the adventure just begun there are bound to be more perils up ahead.

To be continued…

Last edited by The Serpent on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

691 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 am

The Serpent wrote:November was National Novel Writing Month so all of my energy was spent working on a project but December has come and The Stones of Darkness still need to be disturbed.  I have returned.

Did you miss me?(the words echo throughout an empty forum)  I bet you did.

He lives!!!!! cheers

View user profile

692 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:45 pm

Looking to run a game before Christmas, what's availability looking like?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

693 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 pm

The Serpent wrote:Looking to run a game before Christmas, what's availability looking like?

im good for weekends or any day after 6pm

View user profile

694 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:17 am

I should be good, but I dont think Moose will be free.

View user profile

695 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Weekends only except the 13th (Sunday) Double Whammy on that day. Work and PPV

View user profile

696 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:41 pm

There is a very unlikely chance that I can run Saturday. Let's get a quick sound off on who can make can so that I can gauge whether it's worth trying to get the game going.

Star Wars! Just thought I should put that out there.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

697 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 am

The Serpent wrote:There is a very unlikely chance that I can run Saturday.  Let's get a quick sound off on who can make can so that I can gauge whether it's worth trying to get the game going.

Star Wars!  Just thought I should put that out there.

im available

View user profile

698 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:08 pm

The Serpent wrote:There is a very unlikely chance that I can run Saturday.  Let's get a quick sound off on who can make can so that I can gauge whether it's worth trying to get the game going.

Star Wars!  Just thought I should put that out there.

I'm down for whatever...

As for Star Wars, I'm looking on going next week. Don't want to deal with the initial crowd.

View user profile

699 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:16 am

As of the third I am on vacation until the 16th so let me know if we can get in some game time.

View user profile

700 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Next Game- January 9th

and then January 23rd, I don't want this game to die so I need to get a few games together to get you guys back in the mood.  As long as I have at least two PCs (plus Squeezle) I'm going to run it so I hope to see you guys.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum