CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stones of Darkness

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 31]

101 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:07 am

Long post, long reading... how can i respond.?.

DINO!!!

Lives in Canada (Quebec) and became a Greek/French elitist. WELL YOU KNOW ...... ha

My favorite Dino moment was when James threw in a "Greek" magical item for him and what did Dino do?? Yea, he broke it and went out in a blaze of glory!

How about Dino and "Greek" Fire!!

View user profile

102 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:13 am

Screw the Elves. Everyone favors them and their obscene glory. Dont you all realize Elves give the rest of the races a bad rep?

They have almost immortal life spans, Grace, beauty, elegance ... Damb the dwarfs are supposed to be the best craftsman and what cool item do they have?

Has anyone bragged about their dwarven hammer, or chain mail? The elves even stole that from them!

Elves are practically immune to mind based attacks, Dwarves can Dink a lot.

Elves are the best thieves race next to Halflings (in terms of racial bonuses).

Elves get a +1 to Sword or Bow. What other race get that??

Elves even get mages and the bast magical items

In reality Elves are a very unbalanced race.

View user profile

103 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:35 am

Good old Dino.  You could always count on him to almost kill the party.  

Elves are popular, because they are the prettiest race. They are like the NY Fashion Week models of every system.  If they had all their bonuses, but looked like Santa's helper type elves, they wouldn't be as popular.  And I say that with the full knowledge that my most favorite and most badass character was a half elf.  I love them, but Leet is correct.

Even if they are extinct in yall's campaign, you could always role play them back in some form. The key is doing something so bad ass that Lem is so impressed that he gives you a little of what you want. . Mind you, he is very stingy, so it would have to be something earth shattering.  And I'm not saying you will get the entire race, but, who knows, you could find a small inbred village where they have tried to preserve their bloodline.

... On a side note, with all the Dino talk... Lectin, can you imagine how amazing our brothel would be by now?

Last edited by Cambria on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

104 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 am

Haa to the bloodline and the Brothel.

That was a wile ago, over 5-6 years?

See ingenuity! You were the thief and I was the knight, and we figured out a reasonable way for us to co-own a brothel.... Only if I can remember how we did that? Must of been epic or silly..haa

First we shut down the old one cause they were pulling unsanctioned crap in the knight orders town (At that point was it mine?)

We (meaning you) were going to polymorth uglies to beauties! Fulling everyones hearts desire.

With all of you, I had three epic toons:

1) Leetin McBeatin (My first toon with this group)
2) Sir Cedric (As mention in above story)
3) The Vecna priest who's name I can not recall, he died like a punk in a crazy battle vs. chain demons ... grrrr Jose

Actually my evil Paladin (cant remember name) in the Ziggeratt Circle campaign was up there as well.

Thats when lance was the mushroom Knight!

View user profile

105 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Elves are the "Master Race"
It wouldn't matter to me if the were as ugly as orcs its was all about the abilities
and there are plenty of ways to work around said abilities
As for Lem bringing them back.........forget it Hate is hate
Or is it that he cant handle them in his game??????Shocked Shocked

View user profile

106 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm

This talk of Master Races reminds me that this is Feliruu History Month, they only get one month though they played a large role in the creation of the realm as we know it. Let's not forget it.

We have done plenty of campaigns where elves were the dominant race among PCs and within the game world. This is something different, a change of pace. I did not remove elves because I hate them, the elves were a grand and splendid race that have run their course. Their empires still has remnants across the realm, who knows what one might find.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

107 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:47 pm

I understand that evles can be considered a "master race", but with the right role (and roll) playing, you can work up to their advancements.

I really think you need to add a inbred town of Elves into the campaign. The more I think about it, the better it gets. Of course, I am not apart of it, but just the thought of it gets my mind going in all directions.

View user profile

108 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:07 pm

Just Facetime or Skype in on the next session......

View user profile

109 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Like that town beyond the wall in Game of thrones. The one were dear old dad enjoyed his 20 closest daughters.... thats inbred.

View user profile

110 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Yesssss! Exactly.

View user profile

111 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Cambria wrote:Yesssss! Exactly.  

Read the story i sent you.  You'll see how elves are portrayed and why the inbred town is hilarious and dangerous.  It could happen though, seeing how the players are so obsessed with the knife-ear.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

112 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:54 pm

Session Three- The Fires of Friendship

Compelled by dark magics the party sets out on yet another task: Find the Chieftain or King of The Blackscale Tribe of lizrdfolk and bring him back to be sacrificed to Loki.  In exchange the party receives healing and a few allies to complete the task.  The cultist help Polaris gather his friends, minus Smarf whose absence seems to have gone barely noticed, and the party rest up in order to prepare for the task at hand.  Some seemed eager for the new challenge while others wished to be freed from the dark pact.  Jareth was amongst the latter and was dealing with an even greater dilemma.  While hiding from the cult with Gar’s body he was approached by the feared Bog Witch, Cammelle, as well as a swarm of rats and rat men.  She admitted to sending her minions to avenge Hannis but found that the party’s current situation fit her needs perfectly.  She offered him an alliance:  he would insure that the cult’s task was completed by the party and she would bring him into the fold.  all in the name of balance.  He didn’t accept but he did not decline either.

After a strange night of drunken orgies and revelry the party set out to find and capture Chief Klassiss of The Blackscale.  Accompanying them was a mercenary team in the pay of the cult.  A human and half-orc duo, Magnus the narcissistic warrior and Rachel novice of The Ravens.  Led by one of The Daggers of Loki named Carlos they ventured deep into The Blackscale Swamp.  Through swarms of biting and stinging bugs, pools of fouls stagnant water, and the hunting grounds of large predatory lizards they walked.  It was two days before they came upon one of the perimeter guard towers of the lizardman tribe.  With no real plan they were paralyzed with indecision.

It was Mr. Marcus who volunteered to scout ahead and it was the rogue that devised a plan to eliminate the threat.  Following his instructions the party set up an ambush and as a patrol of brutes fell into their trap the party struck.  The lizardmen were defeated but not before the three half-orcs were cut down.  Without any healing spells left the party was on the verge of losing their most able fighters.  In desperation Jareth beseeched The Earth mother for guidance.  What he received were two adventurers making their way through the tall grass.  There was a tension filled introduction, not helped by Jareth’s reluctance to share his divine guidance, but eventually the dwarven cleric Feldon Bouldershoulder healed Magnus.  Polaris and Gar were badly wounded but able to survive without immediate attention.  His companion, Etrigan, eyed the party suspiciously.  He wanted to know why the adventurers were so deep in the swamp.  His company had been seeking the lizardmen but were reduced to two by an unfortunate encounter.  Unfortunately our lead heroes were mistrusting so no info was shared and a schism began to form.

Again it was Mr. Marcus that returned the party’s focus outward.  The tower still had two sentries, one carrying an alarm horn.  Callaghan of The Many Colors put together a hasty plan that the newcomers were opposed to.  Bouldershoulder tended to the wounded and the cultist while Magnus, Rachel, and The many Colors went to deal with the enemy.  Etrigan followed to observe and help if necessary.  Magnus, disguised as a lizardman, dragged a ‘captured’ Callaghan to the tower while Rachel hid in the trees with her death dealing bow.  The lizardman tried to question the disguised half-orc, who had no understanding of Draconic, and grew wary as he acted very little like one of their ilk.  Callaghan attempted to distract the monsters from the obvious flaws in his ruse and received a stone slung to his temple for his troubles.  As Rachel watched the plan was falling apart.  Those watching this tale unfold might wonder why she did not intervene but we were not there so we can not claim to understand the workings of her unique mind.  It was the feliruu assassin that tried to help.  Jumping seemingly out of the swamp itself he lunged at a lizardman as it was about to skewer the downed illusionist for the fire pits.  He missed but in the moment of confusion the human killer moved into action.  The sentry with the horn died before he realized he was hit with one of her arrows.   The second was cut down easily by Magnus and his enormous axe.  Etrigan retrieved the hearts of the fallen before returning to the main party, a bit richer.

The party agreed that they needed to find shelter and to move away from the tower before the missing lizardmen were noticed but shelter in the swamp was scarce.  Again a sign was shown to Jareth this time in the form of a rat that led the wary group to a hidden shack in the center of a gruesome display of ritualistic mutilation.  The display was sure to frighten the sane but no one said our heroes were sane.  The original players in our tale locked themselves with the shack with no thoughts to the symbolism that surrounded them.  Even Jareth, for whom the fates were working to help.  Etrigan and Bouldershoulder were left outside with the cultist.  The two made small talk with the initiates that believed that they were sent by Loki himself and soon they found out what the party truly needed with the lizardmen.  As the night marched on Bouldershoulder devised a plan of his own.

Early the next morning the two collected one of the initiates, Ulric, and returned to the original tower.  They had expected to find the place crawling with enemies but the place was exactly the way they’d left it.  Etrigan prepared the place to be set ablaze while Feldon played lookout.  He was alarmed to find that they were being watched by a strange black scaled blackscale.  The creature ran when discovered and after a failed attempt to catch him the duo decided to speed up their timetable.  They set the tower on fire and then they took Ulric aside.

“Ulric, you have the most dangerous role in our plan but it is something only you can do.” asserted the dwarf.

“Is this the purpose that The Divine set forth for me?” asked the initiative.

“It may be so.  Etrigan?”  On cue the catkin produced the pilfered alarm horn.  “Ulric, you are going to blow this horn as loud as you can.  Count to thirty and run back to your brethren.  be careful and may your chosen gods protect you.” said Bouldershoulder.

“Better run fast, kid.” chuckled the feliruu.

The young cultist nodded and blew the horn as the two adventurers ran.  They rushed to a vantage where they could observe the nearest tower and as they had hoped a force of blackscale warriors were mobilized by the horn.  They circumvented that tower and eventually laid eyes on the village.  Nearby they heard the horn blow again and in the distance they watched young Ulric running and still blowing the horn.  As they hid even more lizardmen emerged from their walled home.  The two snuck up the walls and cut their way in.

Our original heroes awoke to find that their new allies were missing.  Carlos told them of their early departure with Ulric and of the distant sound of horns blowing.  Assuming the worse they deduced that if the others were under attack then the village would be less defended.  In hopes of capitalizing they rushed to the village.

They arrived to find the village on fire.  They ran inside with no regard for stealth and were engaged by lizardmen easily dispatched by Callaghan’s magic.  When they were attacked by a lizardrider Rachel and Gar made equally short work of their enemy.  No one wondered why more opponents didn’t attack, no one wondered why the village kept their distance as their chief squared off against Etrigan and Bouldershoulder.  The group watched as the dwarven cleric ordered the chief down and the lizardman crumbled under the weight of the priest’s will.  magic proved the bane of The Blackscale Tribe as their mightiest was easily captured.

The shaman of the tribe approached and asked the party to take their prisoner and leave without harming anyone else and after proving that the remaining warriors would follow her if forced to fight they agreed.  There was a snake etched alter that waited for Chief Klassiss.

to be continued…

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

113 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:59 pm

The Dwarves and Gnomes of High Mountain

The dwarves are a reclusive and elitist people that have a xenophobic view of the world of surface dwellers.  Most of their kingdoms have little to no contact with the outside world but the Dwarves of High Mountain are different.  They have profited from commerce with the kingdoms of man.  While many clans restrict their interaction with humans strictly to trade there are those such as The Rubykings and Bouldershoulders that gladly venture forth to the surface to find adventure and renown.  The gnomes, of High Mountain once dominated the countryside but with the disappearance of the elves, known as The Great Mystery, and the expansion of human civilization were forced underground.  Their alliance with the High Mountain dwarves was one of convenience and necessity.

The Free People of The Kingdom of Quinlain

Many lesser races were displaced by human colonization and were forced to become a part of human society.  Chief among them were the halfings of Groobleshire.  Of the many places conquered during human expansion Groobleshire willingly capitulated and as such managed to have less of its culture and traditions lost when their lands were taken.  Today they live within human cities yet they manage to keep their identity.

The Tusker Orcs

When the first settlers made landfall it began a century long blood feud between the survivors of The End and The Tusker Orcs.  The conflict was bloody and the casualties were immense.  The endless wars almost saw the end of the human race spelled disaster for the orcs.  Now they hide in small bands all over the realm hateful and resentful.  Their half-blooded ilk are neither accepted within the tribes nor among the human victors.  The half-orc is a sad people full of rage with no home of their own.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

114 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:25 pm

After looting the chief's tent Etrigan brings the party the following to divvy up:

5000gp
A Scroll of Protection from Petrification
A Map to something called The Lost Fort

On Klassiss was:
Hammer(claimed by Gar)
Buckler(claimed by Bouldershoulder)
Mantle

enjoy!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

115 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:18 pm

The Serpent wrote:After looting the chief's tent Etrigan brings the party the following to divvy up:

5000gp

Mantle

Is the scroll Arcane or Divine?

The fuck is a mantle? And is it magical?

View user profile

116 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:27 pm

The Reality Tailor wrote:
The Serpent wrote:After looting the chief's tent Etrigan brings the party the following to divvy up:

5000gp

Mantle

Is the scroll Arcane or Divine?

The fuck is a mantle? And is it magical?

Mantle: headdress, hat-like thingy.

Is it magical? How would you know?

The scroll is universal both arcane and divine casters can use it.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

117 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm

2500 for me and bouldershoulder 2500 for you guys

View user profile

118 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:29 pm

Malevolent Moose wrote:2500 for me and bouldershoulder  2500 for you guys

Last session was me, lion, Nikki, alan, and tony.

Thats 500 for each of us

View user profile

119 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:30 pm

5000gp
A Map to something called The Lost Fort

On Klassiss was:
Hammer(claimed by Gar)
Buckler(claimed by Bouldershoulder)
Mantle

enjoy!

ill take the map

View user profile

120 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Umm no you took enough.....

View user profile

121 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:32 pm

I'll take the mantle then.

View user profile

122 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Malevolent Moose wrote:Umm no you took enough.....

i took 2 things

View user profile

123 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:35 pm

besides. whether i take the map or one fo the other guys take it doesnt really matter. since we would all be going there anyway

View user profile

124 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Vashir wrote:

i took 2 things

That you Earned ?????
The Map will stay with me.......

View user profile

125 Re: The Stones of Darkness on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Malevolent Moose wrote:
Vashir wrote:

i took 2 things

That you Earned ?????
The Map will stay with me.......

No offense, but says the guy who took half the gold. I say Darnell gets the map.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum