CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stones of Darkness

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Been putting together monster encounters and finding possible maps. The more you guys express your excitement I find myself getting excited too.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Post on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:32 pm  Cambria

Toepoker wrote:The dark side is in all of us it takes a powerful sith lord to bring it out.  Why is it only the three of us talking?  Are the others rejecting the dark side of the force?

The Dark Side is my favorite side. . You have to have at least one character that will test all the limits and stab a few in the back.

Post on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 pm  Toepoker

I will. Twisted Evil

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:29 am  Leetin McBeatin

Funny how this convo is about how DMs are Evvvil.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:06 am  Toepoker

if truth be told we are more true neutral or chaotic neutral. but it is fun being evil.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:42 pm  Malevolent Moose

You Guys are NEVER NEUTRAL!!!!!!! your job is to create a scenarios that will lead pc to there demise, sure you let them go along winning skirmish after skirmish, build them up in level, award them great magical items. You do this only to increase your enjoyment when you kill them and drink in their anguish..... the only reason the pc don't realize your evil intent is because the survivors are too busy picking their fallen comrade of all usable magic items.......you guy are Evil EVIL I Tell You!!!!!!

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:59 pm  The Serpent

Malevolent Moose wrote:You Guys are NEVER NEUTRAL!!!!!!! your job is to create a scenarios that will lead pc to there demise, sure you let them go along winning skirmish after skirmish, build them up in level, award them great magical items. You do this only to increase your enjoyment when you kill them and drink in their anguish..... the only reason the pc don't realize your evil intent is because the survivors are too busy picking their fallen comrade of all usable magic items.......you guy are Evil EVIL I Tell You!!!!!!

We are a healthy mix of Skeksis and Mystics from The Dark Crystal benevolent yet occasionally harsh.  We don't yearn for PCs to die.  We are lords of natural selection.  We push The Player Character species to its limit ensuring along the way that only the strong survive and the weak act as nutrient rich food stuff for the survivors.  We aren't evil, we are the purest True Neutral (though some of you deserve a bit of Chaotic Evil attention Twisted Evil)

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:19 pm  Leetin McBeatin

Its also, why bother playing if its too easy.

Give us the challenge and push our characters. Whats a victory if its hollow.

I think the hardest part is the story. The twists and turns that take place between the combat.

Unfortunately this group LOVES combat! Too much plot and people fall asleep.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm  The Reality Tailor

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Unfortunately this group LOVES combat! Too much plot and people fall asleep.

Not true of all members.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:38 pm  The Serpent

Imagine a game where there is a story and people cared about what was actually happening outside of combat and magic?

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:04 pm  The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:Imagine a game where there is a story and people cared about what was actually happening outside of combat and magic?

The magic is in the story. tongue jocolor

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:16 pm  Cambria

I played with a group here for a few sessions that was all completely action based. They didn't even know what to do when I started actual ROLE playing. The DM was absolutely ok with it, and would spend like 20 minutes telling an entire story and then have us roll for an encounter.

I role played out a whole scenario for like 30 or 45 minutes trying to get information from a well-to-do guy in a town we'd traveled to. It was like the DM didn't even know what to do with how I was playing. He wouldn't give me any information, and then after I gave up, he said, basically, "Ok, here is everything you need to know." And then gave me, literally, 10 experience points. 10.

It was so boring. I feel like if you only want to roll the dice, play Monopoly.

The story is so essential.

That same night he told us all that he wanted us to start paying $5 every session, because he had bought a bunch of miniatures and landscapes, and didn't think he should have to carry the entire cost.

I never went back.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:33 pm  The Serpent

I wonder how much of the planned treasure for the temple will actually fall into the party's hands.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm  The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:I wonder how much of the planned treasure for the temple will actually fall into the party's hands.

Probs won't.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:58 pm  The Serpent

Hey adventure is there for the taking, but with it comes danger

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:01 pm  The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:Hey adventure is there for the taking, but with it comes danger

I'm worried we have several Citizens in the group is all.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:07 pm  The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Hey adventure is there for the taking, but with it comes danger

I'm worried we have several Citizens in the group is all.

Very observant and not all of them are new guys

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:08 pm  The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:Very observant and not all of them are new guys

No new friends.

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 pm  Drunk Flogger

lmao, hang in there soon they will be old friends.YAY!!!!!

Post on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 pm  The Serpent

Just keep your companions close and your coin purse closer

Post on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:17 am  Leetin McBeatin

You know its bad when the GM asked if this campaign should be story driven or just a dungeon crawl.   Gladly the story prevailed.

On the bright side people do have their WTF moments and these moments are becoming more common.

EDIT: This reference was to last pages convo.

Post on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:48 pm  The Serpent

Deciding what to throw at you guys next, nice treasures await.

Post on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:24 pm  The Serpent

What's preferable +2 sword or +2 Arrows? +2 Armor or 2 potions?

Post on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:48 pm  The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:What's preferable +2 sword or +2 Arrows?  +2 Armor or 2 potions?

Not sure about the sword vs arrows. Though I would lean towards the sword, since it's more permanent. Armor vs potions, I would say Lian could probably use the armor.

Post on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:52 pm  Malevolent Moose

The Serpent wrote:What's preferable +2 sword or +2 Arrows?  +2 Armor or 2 potions?

Ummm how about all of them

Post on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:33 pm  The Reality Tailor

Malevolent Moose wrote:

Ummm how about all of them

No, never. Whenever The Serpent is too generous, shit gets really real. Then there's a whole lot of this:

Last edited by The Reality Tailor on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum