CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rising of The Nightmare Moon

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 35]

76 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:38 pm

The Lycant wrote:Um... I'm not dead yet...
Yup. Yet.

View user profile

77 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Session XXXI- Blizzard

As the caustic and corrosive green cloud thinned Masaru could see his allies being eaten at by the the dragon’s breath.  They were The Heroes of The Kingdom and they would not be laid low by some black beast in a distant swamp.  Masaru drew his blade passed on by his father and awakened by years of training.  The Frozen Mountain.  He could feel the blade come alive in his hands, he could feel the ever present cold that had become a part of his soul.  The party never fought alone.

“El Frio de Montana.”  He spoke the words of power and the rainy downpour became a raging hailstorm.  His darker skin paled and his lips turned bluish.  He raised the katana high above his head.

Beside him rose up the wild girl, Akira, Valiant in hand.  Her hair was soaked with murky swamp water and her hide armor dripped sludge.  She bellowed like the Alpha Baloth, a predatory mammal from the forest of her youth, swinging her sword left to right wildly.  Masaru looked at her and her magnificent sword but instead of seeing the foolish and untrained barbarian he saw a partner in arms.

Three days had passed since the party landed in the unknown swamp.  Aside from the  poisonous plants and worms they found themselves alone.  The foul muck had become a part of them and the stagnant air was a constant reminder of the alien environment they endured.  Water was abundant due to Ghomo’s magic and shelter was available with a little effort from Donte’s alchemy.  Mordrllyn and Dryden attempted to hunt but there was no food to be found.  The party had resources to share but prolonged travel through the swamp would prove taxing beyond their means.  They attempted to combine magic and alchemy to extend their food stores but they only succeeded in destroying the nutritional properties of the ration.  Alchemy did not seem capable of creating sustenance.  Their goblin companions seemed able to subside off of the nightcrawlers but even they were hard pressed to survive.

As expected of such an ecosystem, food eventually found them.  The day was dark due to overcast and heavy downpour.   Heralded by a small school of predatory fish a huge sized crab erupted from the swamp the fetid waters.  Akira and Dryden wasted no time attacking the monster, the latter mounting the beast and the former driving her blade deep into the creatures mouth.  Xavros maneuvered beneath the crab and provided illumination with charged cards.  The monster spewed a gout of foamy chum that clung to the body and slowed range of movement.  With its prey thoroughly hindered the crab smashed Xavros with its massive claw.  With battle joined, the melee combatants waded in.  Teeth, and blades tore into the monster even as the spellcaster and alchemist removed the creatures disgusting  attack.  As the creature was put on the defensive Dryden fired round after round into its chitinous armored back.

It was as Akira brought the beast down that the black dragon appeared.  It dropped out of the rain clouds like silent death only giving away its presence as it exhaled  a noxious cloud of green corrosive.  The newly won crab meat was ruined as the party was suddenly surrounded by carnivorous fumes. As it flew overhead the party spread out to escape the green death and prepared for yet another battle.

Buffeted by freezing winds and large hail the lesser wyrm swooped down to bite into Mordrllyn.  The werewolf howled and struck back at the beast.  His fangs glanced off of the monsters armored scales just as the blades that others brought to bare.  From his dome of shelter created by Donte Ghomo finished a quick incantation and poured eldritch energies into the cursed elf increasing his size by magnitudes.  Suddenly the wolf was bigger than the serpent, suddenly the hunted was the hunter.  Mordrllyn snapped at the wyrm and the creature hastily retreated to the clouds.

The Frozen Mountain was a place of immense cold and harsh realities, a place where only the hearty and strong could survive, a place in the form of a sword.  As Masaru concentrated the winds increased and the stagnant swamp began to freeze over.  Tired desiccated trees toppled under the weight of the gathering snow and ice.  The party too felt what it meant to stand on the freezing peaks of that sword that was a place.  Goblins huddled together with an Alchemist, desperate to gain warmth.  Most watched the snow spewing sky for signs of the beast.

The Wild Girl cried out like the Paradise Bird, a small taunting avian from her youth.  She was excited for a challenge.  Akira prided herself as a master of beast having faced and bested every animal she’d ever seen.  Yet she had never seen a dragon before, no one had since before the industrial revolution.  Ghomo lent her his power too and she grew to giant proportions.  She cried again, clutching Valiant.  The two were thirsty for blood.

The dragon returned with another blast of its acidic breath catching Masaru, Akira, and Xavros in the cloud.  Janos and Mordrllyn rushed the monster but stumbled over each other in their over exuberance.  The dragon roared and the wolf roared back.  Attacks glanced off of the monster with little to no effect but the ice from the peak cut painful ribbons upon all it touched.  As the dragon slowed from the freezing barrage the muck exploded behind it and death, trained by the legendary Cether Cos, struck from behind.  The dragon turned to strike when Xavros launched himself into the air and brought his titanium staff down on the monster.  The ensuing explosion melted slush and illuminated the area in purple light.

Akira charged through the slushy muck like a rampaging baloth and drove the monster down into the freezing waters.  Barely able to fly the dragon managed to return to the clouds once more.  Wounded the party spread out in anticipation of another acid attack.  Ghomo healed who he could but leaving the safety of the dome seemed to be a bad idea.  He’d seen the power of The Frozen Mountain before but for the first time he was beginning to feel that cold biting power as well.  They waited in a wide spread circle for the enemy to return, all except Masaru.  The samurai’s mind was in the clouds and through his sensing of energies he could see the dragon, beaten and bruised.  He intensified the storm hoping to bring the beast down.

There was another whose attention was taken.  He was scared and confused.  The absence of The Nightmare Moon made him weak and the alien nature of his surroundings had shaken his resolve.  He called on The Amulet of Anubis once more.  To his surprise the power surged through him much faster and completely this second time.  His body welled up with raw magic and the red change was swift.  His mind was his for a fleeting moment and then…

The dragon crashed to the swamp floor in a splash of ice and fetid waters that washed over everyone.  Its wings were frozen stiff and its spine had been broken from the fall.  The party relaxed for a moment.

A moment of reprieve…

Then the Mage Scion Assassin struck.

To Be Continued..

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

78 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:49 pm

ok so this update doesn't explain were the Mage Scion Assassin came from. does any Pc know or did he just come from no ware.

View user profile

79 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:55 pm

One PC knows but I doubt he'll share, not his style

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

80 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:21 pm

so that would be chad or....lance. they like to keep shit from the party

View user profile

81 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Warmer

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

82 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 pm

just lance.

View user profile

83 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:35 pm

ahhh.... cold. Cold as ice.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

84 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:36 pm

chad

View user profile

85 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Nope. You suck at this game, lol.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

86 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:51 pm

there is no one warmer then chad and lance. darnel to stupid to keep anything. lion would be to lost to know what going on. tony lol yeah right. pat wasn't there. I wasn't there. alan maybe but he was most likely too cracked out after all he did take his med right before I left. and then there notkev. and of course he know whats going on... then again maybe not hes a little deedade too. so the comen sense people to thing about were lance and chad. khourie wouldn't be in this group because hes a team player so he would tell us.

View user profile

87 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Random wrote:there is no one warmer then chad and lance. darnel to stupid to keep anything. lion would be to lost to know what going on. tony lol yeah right. pat wasn't there. I wasn't there. alan maybe but he was most likely too cracked out after all he did take his med right before I left. and then there notkev. and of course he know whats going on... then again maybe not hes a little deedade too. so the comen sense people to thing about were lance and chad. khourie wouldn't be in this group because hes a team player so he would tell us.
This is fun. it was definitely someone you mentioned just now.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

88 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Chaos' Plague wrote:
Random wrote:there is no one warmer then chad and lance. darnel to stupid to keep anything. lion would be to lost to know what going on. tony lol yeah right. pat wasn't there. I wasn't there. alan maybe but he was most likely too cracked out after all he did take his med right before I left. and then there notkev. and of course he know whats going on... then again maybe not hes a little deedade too. so the comen sense people to thing about were lance and chad. khourie wouldn't be in this group because hes a team player so he would tell us.
This is fun.  it was definitely someone you mentioned just now.
This is funny as hell to watch.

I think i know who it is

View user profile

89 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:24 pm

who the fuck is vashir

View user profile

90 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Random wrote:who the fuck is vashir
i guess you will have to guess that one too..lmao

View user profile

91 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:20 pm

For those two posts, I vote Vashir gets experience. Just saying.

View user profile

92 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Random after all you trash talkin you cant figure out who Veshir is?? damb kid.

View user profile

93 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:10 pm

I like I automatically became a suspect in shit going wrong. Also Lem is a dick.

View user profile

94 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:50 pm

so we playing tomorrow?

View user profile

95 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:56 pm

I'm not.

View user profile

96 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 am

I am.

View user profile

97 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:52 am

I am

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

98 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm in.

View user profile

99 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:48 pm

i cant play tomorrow, today is my only available day. can we switch it to today?

View user profile

100 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:i cant play tomorrow, today is my only available day. can we switch it to today?
For Leetin I'm willing to change the game to today. All apposed post your objections, all for it continue to ignore the forum

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum