CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rising of The Nightmare Moon

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 35]

26 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:08 am

blamed what on you, the dead docks dying up or the fact that your in 40xx-600. now

View user profile

27 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:58 pm

The Docks that are not yet called dead.

View user profile

28 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Changing history right and left... how entertaining

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

29 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:08 pm

nice so if we kill alans clan (just picked a name at random) in this time well he disaper right in front of us.
I just thought of this. PLEASE PLEASE have a all of darnels family line. omg that would be so awesome to have a town or clan of all darnels. OMG we all gonna die but that would be awesome .

View user profile

30 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Darnell was a mind ninja clan member.

we could kill off Dr lockheed's family tree to prevent the Guyver program, or just prevent Orion from ever being a big corp? Both options might be needed B/C if orion never was then another will take its place and the crazy Doc will still start the program.

We might need to become time assassins to right all wrongs ever done; just to go back to our time and see even more or worse crimes committed.

We could marry a PC's grandmother (grandfather) and then going forward you will be known as gramps. We can all do this to each others gand... and become some crazy time warped incestuous clan of gramps.

View user profile

31 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 pm

So many possibilities, so many ways to go wrong. Guess you guys have to think now that the path isn't laid out for you. study 

I'll wait on you.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

32 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:31 pm

I look forward to seeing people cancel their characters out of existence.

View user profile

33 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 am

DM:

Does any of us know when around the docks dried up?
Does any of us know when around the previous Ender war was?

also, if some rocks fell on the water and dried things up how come no one was able to move them or redirect the water from the now created dam?

Also, also, in our time does a town or port exist were the water is blocked?

View user profile

34 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 am

Leetin McBeatin wrote:DM:

Does any of us know when around the docks dried up?
Does any of us know when around the previous Ender war was?

also, if some rocks fell on the water and dried things up how come no one was able to move them or redirect the water from the now created dam?

Also, also, in our time does a town or port exist were the water is blocked?
These seem like questions that need to be answered when people have dice to roll knowledges... or they Take 10. I know, I know, I love this system too. who cares if your background says you would know? Dice Rule Everything Around Me!

To give you the quick answer:
1)Maybe
2)1122 years before the start of the campaign
3)Good question
4)No

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

35 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:36 pm

what about answers to y spells??

more concerned with the question spells not in the PH.

View user profile

36 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Why did no one know that an entire city district was missing? The fact that no one knew about the landslide dam in the river makes me suspect that The Ender was involved.

View user profile

37 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:22 pm

We were involved in the landslide. i didn't see the ender did you?

The ender and a residential district i always suspected.

View user profile

38 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:05 am

Not my point. Why else would no one just go up river to see if someone or something blocked the dam? Someone probably manipulated people away from doing so.

View user profile

39 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am

Maybe the hole of Chipan is in a snow globe and the rivers source is the glass.....

View user profile

40 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:34 pm

so after reading everything, it sounds like were going to go with the plan to small hunting tricks when we sleep. I can make shelter for some. and chad can make water for all. so we should be good a few weeks with out water or food.

I wanted to ask the DM something. how long can we last without just food. like if we have plenty of water to keep us up but we couldn't find or make food how long would it last.

View user profile

41 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Session XXX- Lost in Time: Revolution

Nearly all of UnderChipan turned out for the funeral.  The Hive Queen had been deposed but at the cost of nearly three hundred lives.  The summit of Queen’s Rise belched a constant pillar of smoke into the heavens two days after The Hive’s destruction.  The Guyver corpses were piled into a massive pile and set ablaze near the center of the graveyard.  Around the pyre slept row after row of tombstones.  War had asked for a cyclopean price and life fit the bill.  Even as The Hive burned the red tinted surfaced reminded all that the battle to stop The Ender still loomed.

Queen Nivia De Thymes read from The Creation of The Light and The Tome of The Natherine, laying to rest the souls of the dead regardless of their faith.  At behind her stood Shandee, the champion of UnderChipan, and her companion Juan/Ryoku.  The two had spent most of the last two days dealing with the burial of their fellow Nephilim.  Within the gather assembly waiting side by side were Donte and Janos.  Neither were from Chipan yet fate brought them together under the roof of a tough as nails mechanic named Sara.  With her they had become friends and her death meant the loss of the glue that bound them.  Near the back of the gathering were The Heroes of The Kingdom and their retainers.  At the rear stood the last remaining members of The Broken Moon Tribe.  Modrllyn felt the grief like a heavy weight on his heart, he gave his all to save UnderChipan but he could not save his brothers and sisters.   Grimylln had gone the way of the fire that fueled him, his grief was a wildfire and it was slowly devouring him.

Hansel Grubbin sat under one of the graveyard’s grisly trees sharing a drink with Farmer Dave.  The two had been celebrated for their bravery during the final hour and had even been given the titles Lord Farmer and Master Bar stool Duelist.  If that wasn’t enough to drive a man to drinking spending nearly an entire day digging graves for your friends would.  They swigged a gulp of Umma’s best moonshine and toasted The Heroes.  The Queen finished her sweet words of solace and Ghomo, suave in his black attire, stepped forward and said a few words in reverence to The Trinity, king of the Natherine.  People spread out and said their final goodbyes to friends and loved ones.  The two shared another sip from the strong home brew and headed back to UnderChipan where the red glow didn’t tint everything and there was plenty of rebuilding to be done.

The Queen was tired but still had much to do so she set Mordrllyn to the task f gathering The Heroes of The Kingdom and steadied herself for what was to come.  With them in tow and their retainers patiently waiting within the massive cemetery she led them to a distant mausoleum.  Using ancient elven words she brought them entrance and together they descended to an underground chamber dominated by a stone obelisk bearing an old elven face.  Ghomo likened the face to Uma Gelose, god of the green expanse.  Mordrllyn believed it to be the face of Rrynll, the oldest of elven elders.

Whoever the face belong to it awakened once presented with the Lens of Rrynll, the pendant that Li Shen died to empower.  He spoke in slow common tinted with an elven accent.  The queen, old by human standards but still a child by the reckoning of the long lived elves, referred to him as old one and asked him for direction.

“Please, Old One, I need your knowledge.  These mighty heroes have sacrifice everything to bring us peace.  They defeated The Hive Queen and her Guyver allowing the resistance a chance to finally muster.  Now we can begin the war against the true enemy, The Ender.  But it is not their fight.  They need to return home.”

“Child, you know how to get them home.  You always have.  You need this.”  The old stone crumbled to reveal a hand and in that ancient hand sat a crystal shard.  “Take it, and use at at the place where we first met.”  Queen Nivia reverently took the stone.

“Thank you for your wisdom, Old One.”  She looked to the men and women that saved her kingdom.  “Is there anything you can tell them to help them in their efforts to stop The Ender and deter this bleak future from happening?”  The old elf sat quiet and eventually the stones began to return to cover the ancient elf.

“Nakamura…” he rasped.

Meanwhile…

The group sat around in semi-silence; Janos and Donte unsure of their relationship, Silverkin fussing over a broken transmitter found in the graveyard, and Ryoku contemplating his relationship with Shandee and what returning home might mean.  That was when the stranger with Donte’s face appeared.  The doppelganger and Donte quickly got into a heated discussion that exploded into a battle of alchemy.  Whoever the stranger was he was from Donte’s ’universe’ and was adept at their alien artform.  Their small fight led a path of destruction and recreation across the cemetery before the stranger mysteriously vanished.  On his heels the heroes returned.

Together they had a decision to make.  The Queen would send them back to their time and any that wished to help them try to change things.  Any that wished to stay could stay.  (I will not bore you with the silly conversations and strange reluctance that a few manifested.  Just know, dear readers; that Akira was against leaving her queen to face The Black Lord of Magic alone, Ryoku and his soul mate would be separated but never apart, Kosey and his lovely doctor said their goodbyes, Mordrllyn volunteered to leave having lost all of his brethren to The Nightmare Moon, and Hansel Grubbin enjoyed another drink in their name.)  In the end all agreed to return to the past and fight for a new future.

An hour later thee party and a decent sized group of onlookers followed Queen Nivia up the dried river bank north of the old ruins to a cliff side pass.  The climb was tiring and many went back to Underchipan unable to make the final leg of the journey.  Even so there was a group of three dozen gawkers that witnessed the queen step into a stony and dry basin and raise the crystal shard high.  She called the party to her and as they gathered the energy building within the gem expanded...

There was a moment when a stranger waved at Dryden and as their eyes met her’s resembled an aunt believed dead…

They fell through nothingness where there was no up or down, black or white. Ghomo reached out and for a moment brushed upon spider web like network with which he had come to associate with time magic. The party had become a single point on that web and were spinning and falling to points unknown. The lack of sensory input rendered the party senseless as they fell through the void…

And then suddenly they stopped.

They lay on the muddy bank of a river, bodies aching from the impact.  Even as their wits returned they witnessed a horror as a statuesque luminescent elf tore the skin off of a slave trader, letting his flayed body flop into the water.  Galvanized the party got to their feet.  Far to the south they could see the spires of Castle Chipan on Queen’s Rise and the city proper.  Oblivious to his audience the elf began to kill the trader’s chained and shackled Goblin slaves.  The brutal injustice of the assault spurred some into action.

Ghomo, Mordrllyn, and Masaru advanced.  The killer ignored them until Ghomo ordered him to stop.

“Who are you, mortal, to talk to me?” asked the strange elf.  As the werewolf got a whiff of the elf and its odd glowing hair and skin he was reminded of the many writings he’d learned from as a child:

They walked among men veiled in light as a sign of their majesty, their motives were alien and their purpose unfathomable.  The children from the freezing river in the bleak beyond are light to man’s darkness.

Before Ghomo could respond Mordrllyn stopped him and quickly warned him of his fear, that the monster before them was in fact Mirrored Helcion.  Always the diplomat, the detective abased himself.

“Oh, Mirrored One, I am but a humble man eager to plead for the lives of the meek, restrained and unable to protect themselves.  Why was effort in slaying them, one who is so powerful?”

“It amuses me.  Is there any other reason of worth?” asked the glowing elf whose very voice shook the spirit.  He turned back to his victims and continued his grisly work.  It was Janos that demanded that the deity cease his massacre.  The Mirrored One smiled and turned back to the party.

“It seems that you might be more amusing after all.”

The party prepared for combat ready to rely on their combined strength to face a Creator.  Mirrored Helcion chuckled and tossed his head to the side.  There came an explosion and suddenly they were swept up by the maelstrom, The Mirrored One was the eye.

To Be Continued...

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

42 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Wait a minute?!? You said that Shandee didn't want to have the nephilim buried!

View user profile

43 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Just a thought.

The sae spot were the queen first met the elven god of nature is the same spot were we met Not Helcion. This is also the spot were the river rand dry......what iportance in the universe does this spot have?

View user profile

44 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm

It's the end of Time.

View user profile

45 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:04 pm

That spot alone is the end of time?

View user profile

46 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Probably not but I was just answering your question. although everything does seem to happen there. When we inevitably fail and the world is destroyed if thats the only place left then it would by technicality be the end of Time.

View user profile

47 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:12 pm

a lot of "if's", but i like it!!

View user profile

48 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Okay, its official... we in Chrono Trigger. Guess since I'm the Nephilim that would make me Frog (though I am a mammal and not amphibian). Darnell (since switching characters) is Ayla. So who is Crono, Lucca, Marle, Robo, and Magus?

View user profile

49 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 am

there is something i need to do today, i will see yall next time.

View user profile

50 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:23 am

It will suck to not have the entire tHotK but we'll have to make due. Is there anyone else not going to make it? The primary healer won't make it.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum