CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

51 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Roll a d6, roll 2(two) percentile, and you'll 'Take 10' on an Investigation check and a separate Knowledge: Occult check. I'll check your skills tonight but you could be earning anywhere from 250-800gp

D6= 5

Int= 3
Occult/invest = 6

I might be wrong.

4 cases attempted(77% of 5)
1 Case is of a uncommon difficulty(rolled a 26% which is lower than the 30% success chance)
If your investigation/knowledge are 6 then you get a 16 on the check plus 2 from Kosey if he too has a decent investigation skill score.

That would mean success on the 3 lesser cases. 1d4+1*50gp each
The uncommon case would have been unsuccessful but you will make 50gp for your troubles.

Role a d10 this will be your accumulated fame. This will be a number to roll under for bonus pay during investigations.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

52 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:43 pm

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
The MAGI wrote: since it can save alot of time, if there is no more problems for the rest of the week. i would like to enter the archery games, nefalim battles as well as the music games. we could type it out over forum, or make some quick decisions while or before we role-play.

Solomon/Vivian: Week of Games

When you tell your father that you are entering the archery and music games he is very impressed by your initiative and he comes to watch you make the Suichiro Clan proud. I will assume that for both Music and Archery(or any other skill based attempts anyone makes) you will 'Take 10'*. I will check your sheet tonight to see what your actual archery score is. Your skill will determine your level of success and winnings.

When you arrive to your first Nephilim competition you realize that you haven't the first idea of what to do. It would be like a 3.5 Fighter attempting to use a Wizard's spellbook to do magic. You are also told that since you are not a registered and certified trainer you are unable to participate in official battles.

Having not gone back into his Capture Cube Ryoku seems intent on telling you something, though his in ability to speak and his sudden clumsiness makes it hard to determine what.

Since i cannot do any nefalim battles i would like for any decent person (most likely someone who knows about my family name) to give me the basics so i can begin training. Second, i would ask ryoku if he can write or draw something to help me better understand him. since he looks worried, i comfort him the best that i can.

View user profile

53 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:55 pm

YO!

4 and a 9!

im guessing i should roll d4 for each case?

View user profile

54 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 pm

"Role a d10 this will be your accumulated fame. This will be a number to roll under for bonus pay during investigations."

So, how does this work? you also mentioned that investigation rank is included in bonus pay.

also, is this money that kosey and i earned together or these are my profits.

We still have expenses and I need to know how much i take out for bills...Full or half the ammount.

View user profile

55 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:"Role a d10 this will be your accumulated fame. This will be a number to roll under for bonus pay during investigations."

So, how does this work? you also mentioned that investigation rank is included in bonus pay.

also, is this money that kosey and i earned together or these are my profits.

We still have expenses and I need to know how much i take out for bills...Full or half the ammount.

My calculations assumed that Kosey assisted in the work so the money is company pay(thus the reason it is so much higher than what others earn individually). The one roll was for all three so I believe your original exclamation was 4!

4*50gp=200gp
200gp*3 cases= 600gp over the course of 3 days(I believe)... not bad.
Add the 50gp 'nice try' tip from the more difficult case and you end up with 650gp of company income.

I can't check your expenses right now but that might cover the month and actually bleed into profit.

The 9 for accumulated fame represents the chance of you guys making bonus money outside of what you rolled for gp earned. It does nothing for you right now but next time you will also roll under that number on a percentile. A success will mean more money in the company coffers and then you'll roll again and the number will be larger for the next time. As the company grows income and profit will also grow.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

56 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Speaking of profit, Chad how come you guys never went for that bounty?

View user profile

57 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Leetin McBeatin wrote:Roll a d6, roll 2(two) percentile, and you'll 'Take 10' on an Investigation check and a separate Knowledge: Occult check. I'll check your skills tonight but you could be earning anywhere from 250-800gp

D6= 5

Int= 3
Occult/invest = 6

I might be wrong.

4 cases attempted(77% of 5)
1 Case is of a uncommon difficulty(rolled a 26% which is lower than the 30% success chance)
If your investigation/knowledge are 6 then you get a 16 on the check plus 2 from Kosey if he too has a decent investigation skill score.

That would mean success on the 3 lesser cases. 1d4+1*50gp each
The uncommon case would have been unsuccessful but you will make 50gp for your troubles.

Role a d10 this will be your accumulated fame. This will be a number to roll under for bonus pay during investigations.

Wow... I guess I should not be allowed to post money matters while in a hurry at work... after taking a look at The DOII books it turns out that my numbers were all manner of wrong. Sorry Chad.

This is what was posted as The DOII Income sheet:

The Bottom Line
Revenue-
Job:5d10gp(1d5+Profession Rank)
Bonus: 1d8sp(Investigation Rank)
Expenses-
Space Rental: 200gp/month
Licenses: 25gp/month(each investigator, junior investigator doesn’t need a permit)

As such you d4 roll should be a 1d5 but as it was my mistake I will acknowledge your 4(unless you wish to try your luck).

Roll 5d10
Multiply result by the aforementioned 4 or 1d5 roll+your Profession Score
Roll 1d8
Multiply Result by Investigation Score

Your expenses are referenced above

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

58 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Xavros, The Unfortunate

The Barrel Boys take care of their own and once you get word to them about your predicament they are quick in reacting (your first percentile roll of 17)

They manage to get a hold of a slimy shark of a lawyer along The Boulevard of Thought and he is able to get you a Flash Trial. The advantage of such a trial is the quickness of it coming before a jury, the disadvantage is a guilty verdict will see you dragged directly to the headsman no retrial. Luckily this guy, Nolsteim Beckler, is good at what he does (your second percentile roll of 5).

Your case is a side show of smoke and mirrors putting the legal system, The Mecha Corps, and even The Judge on trial. Nolsteim pulls your ass out of the fire with such finesse that you're home with The Barrel Boys before you understand what the hell happened (your third and final percentile roll of 35).

The people of the docks that were victims of your Gearzilla, because according to the papers it was your clockwork monstrosity, don't linch you after a bit of convincing (your Charisma roll of 19).

Everything is looking up by the end of The Week of Games except for you being in the hole to Beckler for 700gp.

Twisted Evil

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

59 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:44 pm

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Xavros, The Unfortunate

The Barrel Boys take care of their own and once you get word to them about your predicament they are quick in reacting (your first percentile roll of 17)

They manage to get a hold of a slimy shark of a lawyer along The Boulevard of Thought and he is able to get you a Flash Trial. The advantage of such a trial is the quickness of it coming before a jury, the disadvantage is a guilty verdict will see you dragged directly to the headsman no retrial. Luckily this guy, Nolsteim Beckler, is good at what he does (your second percentile roll of 5).

Your case is a side show of smoke and mirrors putting the legal system, The Mecha Corps, and even The Judge on trial. Nolsteim pulls your ass out of the fire with such finesse that you're home with The Barrel Boys before you understand what the hell happened (your third and final percentile roll of 35).

The people of the docks that were victims of your Gearzilla, because according to the papers it was your clockwork monstrosity, don't linch you after a bit of convincing (your Charisma roll of 19).

Everything is looking up by the end of The Week of Games except for you being in the hole to Beckler for 700gp.

Twisted Evil

I love this guy, I offer to work off my payment, cuz, yea. Or I could pull a heist...decisions decisions.

View user profile

60 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 pm

You survive no thanks to The Magi, good job Pat!

lol!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

61 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:09 pm

The Bubbling Dark wrote:You survive no thanks to The Magi, good job Pat!

lol!

i couldnt think of anything to save the character i dont like in game.

View user profile

62 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:15 pm

The MAGI wrote:

lol!

Naw, you just whack...

Tony's activity hinged on you
Alan's life hinged on you
Khourie's livelihood hinged on you

To me it looks a little like you dropped the ball. I was ready to kick you a decent bit of extra exp for helping these other players but... you choked. Whack.

I'm a little disappointed at you, bro. I mean you have nearly the most experience of all ellevn players. scratch I'm a sad dragon. Sad

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

63 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:22 pm

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
The MAGI wrote:

lol!

Naw, you just whack...

Tony's activity hinged on you: im not going to lie i would do very little for this character.
Alan's life hinged on you: I would help him if he was near me, but i would not go out of my way for him.
Khourie's livelihood hinged on you: im actually sad about this one i think i missed it.

To me it looks a little like you dropped the ball. I was ready to kick you a decent bit of extra exp for helping these other players but... you choked. Whack.

I'm a little disappointed at you, bro. I mean you have nearly the most experience of all ellevn players. scratch I'm a sad dragon. Sad
im sad too but you have better players.

View user profile

64 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:40 pm

I will KEEP the "4"

Roll 5d10 = 37 * 4 = 148 +your Profession Score (Not sure what it is, and this is added after the multiplier??)

Roll 1d8 =4*?= ?? Multiply Result by Investigation Score

The total is still under 200 (rent) so, we should pay our licensing fee -50, maid was paid (Pat rollplayer her) and Jr Detective needs paying -10g.p.

So, at the minimum we pay out 60 g.p. this week to keep our licenses and employees. The rest we can discuss what to do.

View user profile

65 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am

lem I think you should do he roleplaying for all the dumbshit we want to buy now that we got money everyone is going to want to buy stuff and we all know how long that takes, and that's with a small group. so I want to know if I buy like brass knucles or something like that I was think of asking a leather worker if he can make me like a hard leather glove that also works as like brass knuckles so I can hit harder and also use them to block. I want them to look like the brown gloves that ken from street fighter.

View user profile

66 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:45 am

I of course help Ghomo to the knowledge I've gained on the ender as well as on the sins. (Email me chad abd we can share info Gorobonow@gmail.com) I also help on investigations. My investigation score is really high, check the character sheet for me please.

After leaving the mechanical T-Rex behind and saving Samantha, we head to my home for its really late. I stop by a simple dress shop to help her get clothed considering i am sure I don't have any clothes for ladies at my home. Before i go in i take of mu cloak and dust off my clothes so that I look like a gentleman again. I buy something simple (not expensive 3gold at the most) for her and have the dress lady help her into it. I tell the dress lady that someone attacked her minutes ago and she has been in a state of shock since.

After that we head back to my home and I attempt to mix up a tonic to energize her spirit. When she asks what it is I call it Pepsi, I think people will like it Doctor. She is surprised by the sudden awareness. I tell her that we hands are covered with minute scars that boring ladies normally have and that they don't have the callouses that a sturdy farm hand would have either. Well except for your right middle finger which I assume is from hours of writing. And since you have been squinting a lot I can also assume that you aren't attuned to the bright light of the outside world and are used to working in a lab. Not to mention the fact that I found you in an Orion organization vehicle. They must of been guarding you until that mechanical abomination decided to grace your troops with its presence. So you are the head operative of technological and biological innovation for the Orion organization. Hmm you may even be the leader. Not sure yet, not enough data.

She smirked. How did you come to the conclusion on the biological?

Oh? That was easy. Before you drank my tonic you looked over my shoulder at my lab set up and listed all of their components in your head before sipping the Elixir. You are a very intelligent woman but you wear your expressions far too easily.

Yes, but so do you. I would not of let you take me if I knew you were some ruffian from the dead docks. You are terrible at disguises detective.

Kosey and Samantha laughed and the two of them became good friends. An infantile partnership between the DOII and the Orion organization was born.

Out of I would like to focus on building ties with this organization and hopefully combining our resources for the good of society. When not solving cases with Ghomo I am spending most of my time with Samantha and her organization. I hope this focus will prove to be beneficial to the DOII.

View user profile http://www.gorobonow.com

67 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 am

The MAGI wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
The MAGI wrote:

lol!

Naw, you just whack...

Tony's activity hinged on you: im not going to lie i would do very little for this character.
Alan's life hinged on you: I would help him if he was near me, but i would not go out of my way for him.
Khourie's livelihood hinged on you: im actually sad about this one i think i missed it.

im sad too but you have better players.

That's the spirit, giving up is definitely the right ticket!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

68 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 am

Random wrote:lem I think you should do he roleplaying for all the dumbshit we want to buy now that we got money everyone is going to want to buy stuff and we all know how long that takes, and that's with a small group. so I want to know if I buy like brass knucles or something like that I was think of asking a leather worker if he can make me like a hard leather glove that also works as like brass knuckles so I can hit harder and also use them to block. I want them to look like the brown gloves that ken from street fighter.

If Phil(Deathmvp) wouldn't mind pricing a pair of gloves that give a +1 shield bonus to melee combat skill and +1 to unarmed damage I'll go with the price he sets.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

69 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:43 am

GoRoboNow wrote:I of course help Ghomo to the knowledge I've gained on the ender as well as on the sins. (Email me chad abd we can share info Gorobonow@gmail.com) I also help on investigations. My investigation score is really high, check the character sheet for me please.

After leaving the mechanical T-Rex behind and saving Samantha, we head to my home for its really late. I stop by a simple dress shop to help her get clothed considering i am sure I don't have any clothes for ladies at my home. Before i go in i take of mu cloak and dust off my clothes so that I look like a gentleman again. I buy something simple (not expensive 3gold at the most) for her and have the dress lady help her into it. I tell the dress lady that someone attacked her minutes ago and she has been in a state of shock since.

After that we head back to my home and I attempt to mix up a tonic to energize her spirit. When she asks what it is I call it Pepsi, I think people will like it Doctor. She is surprised by the sudden awareness. I tell her that we hands are covered with minute scars that boring ladies normally have and that they don't have the callouses that a sturdy farm hand would have either. Well except for your right middle finger which I assume is from hours of writing. And since you have been squinting a lot I can also assume that you aren't attuned to the bright light of the outside world and are used to working in a lab. Not to mention the fact that I found you in an Orion organization vehicle. They must of been guarding you until that mechanical abomination decided to grace your troops with its presence. So you are the head operative of technological and biological innovation for the Orion organization. Hmm you may even be the leader. Not sure yet, not enough data.

She smirked. How did you come to the conclusion on the biological?

Oh? That was easy. Before you drank my tonic you looked over my shoulder at my lab set up and listed all of their components in your head before sipping the Elixir. You are a very intelligent woman but you wear your expressions far too easily.

Yes, but so do you. I would not of let you take me if I knew you were some ruffian from the dead docks. You are terrible at disguises detective.

Kosey and Samantha laughed and the two of them became good friends. An infantile partnership between the DOII and the Orion organization was born.

Out of I would like to focus on building ties with this organization and hopefully combining our resources for the good of society. When not solving cases with Ghomo I am spending most of my time with Samantha and her organization. I hope this focus will prove to be beneficial to the DOII.

Nice try, you definitely get points for effort.

The investigations that you help Ghomo with will take up at least 9 hours of each of the passing days. Dr. Samantha is in fact impressed with your deductions but she admits that within The Orion Organization she has very little power. Truth be told she might be in trouble. Not returning to base after the other night might be looked upon negatively. You two do hit it off she's smart and attractive and everyone loves a fat black guy with a strong mind and a handlebar mustache.

She asks you two things:

One let her stay with you for a while, she promises that she has money and can pay you back, two that you keep her presence a secret at least until she makes contact with a few colleagues and makes sure that she won't bring any trouble down on your head.

As an aside she commends you on your Pepsi? but warns that it needs carbonation and could become very addictive.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

70 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 am

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
The MAGI wrote: since it can save alot of time, if there is no more problems for the rest of the week. i would like to enter the archery games, nefalim battles as well as the music games. we could type it out over forum, or make some quick decisions while or before we role-play.

When you tell your father that you are entering the archery and music games he is very impressed by your initiative and he comes to watch you make the Suichiro Clan proud. I will assume that for both Music and Archery(or any other skill based attempts anyone makes) you will 'Take 10'*. I will check your sheet tonight to see what your actual archery score is. Your skill will determine your level of success and winnings.

When you arrive to your first Nephilim competition you realize that you haven't the first idea of what to do. It would be like a 3.5 Fighter attempting to use a Wizard's spellbook to do magic. You are also told that since you are not a registered and certified trainer you are unable to participate in official battles.

Having not gone back into his Capture Cube Ryoku seems intent on telling you something, though his in ability to speak and his sudden clumsiness makes it hard to determine what.

It appears that you don't actually have ranks in archery(not sure why I'm surprised but I am) so we have to go by your Dex Modifier and BtH. You place in the middle of the competition. You don't embarrass the family but your father expects perfection...

2d6*10 silver pieces were won for your troubles.

The musical even is even worse. With nor ranks in anything music related(Knowledge: Cultural Art gives you basics but no talent) you have a 30% chance of doing mediocre. Roll a percentile.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

71 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:23 am

For gloves that give a +1 to hit,damage and +1 shield ac it would be 7,300g. (2,000 [+1]+5,000 [+1 other ac *2 second ability] +300 masterwork.)

Another item that may help would be

Belt, Monk’s
This simple rope belt, when wrapped around a character’s waist, confers great ability in unarmed combat. The wearer’s AC and unarmed damage is treated as a monk of five levels higher. If donned by a character with the Stunning Fist feat, the belt lets her make one additional stunning attack per day. If the character is not a monk, she gains the AC and unarmed damage of a 5th-level monk. This AC bonus functions just like the monk’s AC bonus.

Moderate transmutation; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item, righteous might or transformation; Price 13,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

It would give him 1d8 read damage and a ac +1. It does not add so much as damage but it is real damage and not stun damage.

View user profile http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

72 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:31 am

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:

It appears that you don't actually have ranks in archery(not sure why I'm surprised but I am) so we have to go by your Dex Modifier and BtH. You place in the middle of the competition. You don't embarrass the family but your father expects perfection...

The musical even is even worse. With nor ranks in anything music related(Knowledge: Cultural Art gives you basics but no talent) you have a 30% chance of doing mediocre. Roll a percentile.

56 yep pretty bad good times.

View user profile

73 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:33 am

The MAGI wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:

56 yep pretty bad good times.

Damn bro. Times is hard.

View user profile

74 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 am

deathmvp wrote:For gloves that give a +1 to hit,damage and +1 shield ac it would be 7,300g. (2,000 [+1]+5,000 [+1 other ac *2 second ability] +300 masterwork.)

Another item that may help would be

Belt, Monk’s
This simple rope belt, when wrapped around a character’s waist, confers great ability in unarmed combat. The wearer’s AC and unarmed damage is treated as a monk of five levels higher. If donned by a character with the Stunning Fist feat, the belt lets her make one additional stunning attack per day. If the character is not a monk, she gains the AC and unarmed damage of a 5th-level monk. This AC bonus functions just like the monk’s AC bonus.

Moderate transmutation; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item, righteous might or transformation; Price 13,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

It would give him 1d8 read damage and a ac +1. It does not add so much as damage but it is real damage and not stun damage.

Ryu Gloves
+1 to damage only(unarmed damage)
+1 to melee defense skill roll

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

75 Re: Rise of The Nightmare Moon: Wrap-up on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 am

yea, i was branching out into a territory i shouldn't have with music. I should have been informing the people about our not so good neighborhoods, like the previous slave quater and the dead docks. i should have been inspiring people to take actions and all that other good stuff, but i didnt think of it until just now. so i amm hurt.... play the theme music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUWgE0EVQ9c

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum