CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Creating a Nightmare Moon

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 25]

We've managed to get 3 consecutive and well attended games. Is it possible that we've gotten our groove back? I'm having a good time creating this world threatened by The Nightmare Moon.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

avatar

Post on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:06 pm  Drunk Flogger

Pick A Card wrote:Maybe just the absolute idiotic bs that happens. Side stuff that is either beneficial to someone or the party shouldn't be snuffed. Maybe punishing stupidity a little harder would be good. And I don't mean punish the party for one person. Just punish that person.

I agree but i feel like this will still end up being a party issue. Example lets say darnell kills kenpachi then he is the new general and this could be good, but you know.

avatar

Post on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:08 pm  The Serpent

Pick A Card wrote:Maybe just the absolute idiotic bs that happens. Side stuff that is either beneficial to someone or the party shouldn't be snuffed. Maybe punishing stupidity a little harder would be good. And I don't mean punish the party for one person. Just punish that person.

How can I stop the BS when there is no real way of know whether a certain course of action will lead to benefit or mayhem until it is allowed to run its course. Besides, who determines whether an action is BS, thus deserving punishment, or whether it is fully useful? What is useful to Reckless Gamble might not be useful to Donte and The Wild Child. Who decides?

Stupidity should be punished harshly but I wanted to give players who might never get another chance the opportunity to be free to do as they wish. It hasn't truly been utilized yet but to please Pat breeze and end this campaign we need to cut down on the free play.

This is something we should all try to work on as a group. More strict punishment, better effort not to be a knucklehead.

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:17 am  Random

I think when you use the phrase "taking your freedoms away?" it scares the lesser minds (Alan, pat) Smile, but instead of taking your freedom away how about you just make it so we have to go they way you wont us to. make it so time goes faster and we get to our destination or if were just passing a town you make it that we buy stuff and keep it moving no need to RP with a shop keep just to buy junk, and I know I've been in fault for doing things like that, and you can make more obvious on the clues or thing you want us to do when in town so we jump to what you want us to do and it makes it seem like pat actually found something out in game. see we make the stupid people even stupider and the smart people bored. Smile

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:35 am  Drunk Flogger

Random wrote:I think when you use the phrase "taking your freedoms away?" it scares the lesser minds (Alan, pat) Smile, but instead of taking your freedom away how about you just make it so we have to go they way you wont us to. make it so time goes faster and we get to our destination or if were just passing a town you make it that we buy stuff and keep it moving no need to RP with a shop keep just to buy junk, and I know I've been in fault for doing things like that, and you can make more obvious on the clues or thing you want us to do when in town so we jump to what you want us to do and it makes it seem like pat actually found something out in game. see we make the stupid people even stupider and the smart people bored. Smile

First off fuck this jerkwater(i click the word correct of jerkface and this was one of the options), ass-hat, just jumped over the border, Mexican! Secondly, taking freedoms away does not scare me. As long as it serves a beneficial purpose i would support that course of action. If you think about forcing the story wouldn't that take away from the open world fun. Balancing a story and players can be difficult. What would fix the situation is culling, even if its me. It would improve productivity and allow characters a stronger bond to each other as well as the situation they face.

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 am  The Serpent

Removing players that don't do anything will help players that just sit there participate? AND I should just take you from place to place with no control of your choices left in your hands?

Correct me if I misunderstood.

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 pm  Drunk Flogger

Chaos' Plague wrote:Removing players that don't do anything will help players that just sit there participate?  AND I should just take you from place to place with no control of your choices left in your hands?

Correct me if I misunderstood.

remove all players that do nothing and those that just sit there. then you will have a strong group that can possibly get stuff done faster. If you want to move the story along, sure you might have to stiff arm some events not all. its a reckless gamble, but worth a try yes. will it hurt some peoples feelings? yes, but you will have an opportunity to finish while still having the "cream of the crop". it's an idea, not a strongly suggested one, maybe another option later down the road.

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 pm  The Reality Tailor

Chaos' Plague wrote:Removing players that don't do anything will help players that just sit there participate?  AND I should just take you from place to place with no control of your choices left in your hands?

Correct me if I misunderstood.

This is what I meant. Take too much freedom, it becomes a linear thing where players do nothing. That won't be fun for long. Do nothing though, and we continue on this path. And for the record I meant the truly stupid shit. Like flipping bar tables and insulting people who could beat the insulter's ass.

On a side note- Random, go fuck yourself.

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:27 pm  Random

but I also think your getting away from the point in why we all come to gather and play this game. its to have fun with your boys. that's it everything else is just a game. if you want a game with deep meaning and a connection that makes you the main character go play final fantasy or some other consul rpg. if you want to have some real fun with people like darnel who's does nothing progressively but we all have a great darnel story, or pat who some times does nothing (most times) but still we wouldn't laugh about his dick ferry or whatever story that can come to mind about him. and then theres tony who is number one person on the does nothing list. how many of us would miss making fun of him for being kill so many times by dragons or making fun of his FRONTBUTT. come on it wouldn't be the same with out tony doing nothing in the corner. or lance who most times does nothing then saves us all out of no ware so many many times (quiet but deadly). or alan who cracks out then we all make fun of him on how hes gonna flip a table any minute now because he didn't roll a 20. hell even khouries been caught doing nothing and just sleeping on the job Smile. we all just have to grow up a bit and remember that this is a game we all use to get together to get away from or family or frends and just let loose from reality for a while. who cares if we don't finish or not just have fun number one goal and rest well just fall into place like it should

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:30 pm  The Serpent

Random wrote:but I also think your getting away from the point in why we all come to gather and play this game. its to have fun with your boys. that's it everything else is just a game. if you want a game with deep meaning and a connection that makes you the main character go play final fantasy or some other consul rpg. if you want to have some real fun with people like darnel who's does nothing progressively but we all have a great darnel story, or pat who some times does nothing (most times) but still we wouldn't laugh about his dick ferry or whatever story that can come to mind about him. and then theres tony who is number one person on the does nothing list. how many of us would miss making fun of him for being kill so many times by dragons or making fun of his FRONTBUTT. come on it wouldn't be the same with out tony doing nothing in the corner. or lance who most times does nothing then saves us all out of no ware so many many times (quiet but deadly). or alan who cracks out then we all make fun of him on how hes gonna flip a table any minute now because he didn't roll a 20. hell even khouries been caught doing nothing and just sleeping on the job Smile. we all just have to grow up a bit and remember that this is a game we all use to get together to get away from or family or frends and just let loose from reality for a while. who cares if we don't finish or not just have fun number one goal and rest well just fall into place like it should


Did this mother f*cktard just call my brother a FART? Lmao.

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:44 pm  The Serpent

I think everyone has posted so legit ideas but I disagree with some of it. Final Fantasy provides nowhere near the type of opportunity for a player to take center stage that a tabletop RPG does. Those games have you play the role of a writer's protagonist and you walk through their story with no control of your destiny. When you play tabletop, the game centers around you and your actions whether you are the 'main character' or not. Its a matter of seizing the day. Grab opportunity to further your goals while furthering the story. Shawn and Chad did that in the final Land of the Four and turn a mission to destroy a mushroom farm into a quest to rally an army and destroy a Drow House. Yet both quest intersected so in the end the game became what they wanted without changing the overall tale.

In the end this is the chance to make your hero the main player in a grand quest. Video Games are unable to provide this.

I agree that it is just a game but if you don't like fighting games you don't play Street Fighter. If you hate puzzles don't play Tetris. The game involves social interaction, problem solving, listening, and luck. if you don't want that, don't play. It is just a game but people should feel free to sit around and talk without disrupting the game if they aren't int

avatar

Post on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 pm  Drunk Flogger

Lem and Ass-hat McJerkWater make some valid points lets all try to talk a little bit more in game even though the GM is not looking. we could set up some interesting plans. We just have to tell the gm later when its our turn.I could understand why some people do nothing when the GM is not looking but sometimes he can overhear you, and you would never know what extra xp could be coming your way. Lets all for the sake of trying put forth our best effort and talk to each others characters in character. you might just find out something new. i for one will be completely disrespectful to our Ass-hat McJerkWater(random's new name) i suggest we all do the same Laughing 

avatar

Post on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:42 pm  The Serpent

Last session went well, was it the location or the lack of players? I hope it was the players taking so ownership of their characters and the responsibility of participation. Either way, good game guys!

avatar

Post on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:31 pm  The Reality Tailor

Lack of certain players? Or lack of Yu-Gi-Oh smell? The world may never know.



Last edited by Pick A Card on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

avatar

Post on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:32 pm  The Serpent

touche!

avatar

Post on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:01 pm  The Serpent

Wondering if the quarantine unit can finally finish the job...

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum