CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rising of The Nightmare Moon

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:46 am

Gonna toss my too cents in. Darneazy aka Akira saved everyone by single handedly slaying the guyver while everyone else took naps. Kinda like Chad. He saved the day while I slept and everyone else floated. All hail our new hero heroes, Lord Ghomo and Dame Akira!!!

View user profile

952 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:47 am

I like your update far more than the one I'm writing... Dame Akira has a great ring to it.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

953 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:57 am

if you think about it or for what I heard anyways, this story Akira is telling and/or going to be telling just brings validity to his mythos. he just "found" the 2nd headband or sword to become the 2nd best and now hes going to be telling a lye about how he killed all these guyvers, it sounds perfect if you ask me, now who ever is the 1st or hell the 3rd is has to be on the level of at least 3 of those war masters guyvers and he gets to fight them all by himself so keep it up buddy its going to be EPIC lol.

View user profile

954 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:06 am

Lol

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

955 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:57 pm

so it starts... i was just a man caught in the glory of one such hero. With her wild and unpredictable style she sliced through the ranks of the enemy guyver. I was caught in awe, for this is the same woman that the town use to make fun of. Her usual uncoth behavior is offest of how beautiful she looked during the battle "like a panther on the hunt". i watches as though with her on ourside there is nothing we cant defeat but then.... it showed up, a monster of monsters. It was once seen before by another undercity before their downfall they dubbed it "Last breath".

I watched, this behemoth made its way into the town and my two friends, Peter "the barter" and Sam "i can sell" took their last breath. they couldn't handle the shock of seeing such a creature, but i had no fear cause she was here. Even as it made it way in she was suprized at the size of this monstrosity, but no fear was in her heart. She used that strength, the strenght of her heart, her people she spent so many days with. The passion she carried offset the weight of fear and hesitation. She ran at it, gave it savage precise cuts but her strength was not enough.

She took down the other guyvers and made her way back to "Breath". she slashed with all her might and left a wound that made it not function. She roared out into the opening toward our roof and the shockwave from her voice diabled the next wave of 30 incoming guyvers they all fell before her. As i looked at her back that carried the hope and the will of the people, i saw the jungle that use to be, the animals all lending their support. She was what we lost .... our true natural self, she was definately the one to lead us back to that point "hunting Panther"

-Farmer dave
"when i saw dem' guyvers, i was like ... im going to get my gun"

View user profile

956 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Farmer Dave always the practical one.

View user profile

957 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:14 pm

if you have that ignorant southern voice in your head while reading it it gets so funny.

View user profile

958 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Honestly at first i had Lyon voice in my head; it was still very funny. then read it again as the southerner realizing Lyon is Farmer "Tom".

View user profile

959 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:22 pm

lol, i read it in the lyon voice omg tears. the only thing i can say at this point "Worth"

View user profile

960 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 am

Session XXVIII and Session XXIX: Viva la Reina

Hansel Grubbin, town drunk and traitor, sat at the bar at Umma’s Inn across the room sang a bard fresh in from Marikesh with a group of mercenaries eager to cross swords with the guyver.  They arrived just after the guyver scout fell and just before Archon began to clog the entrance tunnels.  The bard had a sweet voice and sang of times long gone where lush green bloomed bright and honey lent its flavor to all things.  Grubbin sipped his ale, Umma wouldn’t sell beer.  Not on that day.  She said if you were willing to pay for beer you could help with the battle preparations.  Hansel was no warrior or craftsman so there would be no beer for him.

Across at a collection of tables sat The Magi Gemini Ichi, Chief Grimylln and his second, Sergeant Thomas, and a handful of other leaders clustered together and discussed battle plans.  He didn’t understand most of what they were saying but the overall operation seemed clear.  The Heroes would be the first responders, engaging the enemy before they entered the town proper.  Reinforcements would wait at predetermined locations and as the enemy pushed further in The Heroes would regroup and lead the defenders.  All agreed that Shandee should be held back in ultimate defense, as last result, allowing the wounded Nephilim a chance to recover from her wounds gained fighting the Cyber Force 30.

Hansel thought the idea of holding back was insane.  He believed that when the guyver showed themselves UnderChipan should throw everything they had… maybe some would get out alive.  The thought of the coming massacre made his palate dry, he needed a drink.

----

High above the ruins of Chipan spun a saucer of sorts equipped with rayguns, pulse rifles, advanced propulsion, and piloted by a mad doctor.  In its cargo hold bounced a small humpback junk heap of  robot minion and crammed into the cockpit trash tubes was the team chosen to engage The Hive Queen on her own turf.  There was the noble born samurai, Masaru, wielder of The Frozen Mountain.  There was the man from the world of science, Donte, seeker of the philosopher stone and the key to resurrection.  There was the dynamic duo of luck and daring, Reckless Gamble, willing to risk everything on a long shot. Then there was their leader, Ghomo, detective extraordinaire.  Together they would either save the resistance or die in a time that is not their own.

“Doctor, you spoke of a code of programming.  Can I assume that you will accompany us into the hive to find the core.”

“Absolutely not.” the doctor said as he smiled and nodded.  A trio of Guyver Hunter-Class sped past underneath to join the gathering force outside of UnderChipan.  It wouldn’t be long before the attack commenced.  Ghomo watched and shook his head.

“If you are not coming how can we be sure that the code is enter properly.  We may only get one shot at this, we can’t afford any mistakes.”

“Precisely.”

“Precisely what, you old coot!” snapped Masaru.

“Precisely why I have the code on this!”  Dr. Lockheed produced a strange oval-like device about the size of a thumb.  “You will find the core and insert this.”  Under the mad doctor’s urging the vehicle shot north.  “The code will run itself!”

“How do we know where to insert it, doctor?”

“The port is about this long and this wide.  Simple.  Checkmate.”

“Checkmate, doc.  How will we know when we’ve found the core?” asked Ghomo, still unsure of the sanity of the plan.  “How can we be sure that there won’t be Guyver’s waiting for us?”

“There won’t.  Orion One commits completely when he mate is assured.”

“If The Hive Queen taste mate maybe we aren’t seeing the board clearly.”

“No, everything is as it should be.  He is exactly where we want him.” stated the doctor.  He rubbed his chin as he nosed the saucer into a frightful dive.  “The port should be golden with bronze trimming.” he screamed as the roar of rushing air snatched his words.

A circle of earthly metal fell from the heavens above the crumbled remains of Castle Chipan atop Queen’s Rise.  The screams of would be heroes could barely be heard as the vehicle nosed upward just before it struck the old stone.  As it righted and arrowed southeast it fired its trash tubes and thrusters.  In its wake stumbled five figures, none able to maintain his footing after such an insane maneuver.

It was Dryden Cether Cos who made his way to the edge of a massive pit.  Jutting from its sides like groping roots were large cables not unlike the circulatory cords of a Guyver.  Peering down the pit Dryden could see a hundred foot drop pass walls choked with more of the cables.  He relayed his observations to the rest of Group A.  For Dante the place was just another ruin of the red tinted world his alchemy had trapped him but to the others whom had seen Castle Chipan sitting on the rise for most of their lives… the place was a monument to all North Westing had lost.  The once sprawling castle was reduced to a clean slate of sheared stones marred only by the hole into the hive.

“Let’s finish this.” stated Ghomo.

UnderChipan- The Entrance

Three Hunter-Class Gyver cut into the stone like hide of the mighty Archon drawing out roars of challenge as the massive Nephilim pounded their smaller forms.  Out of the passageway he guarded charged The Wild Child, Akira, and her legendary blade.  She lunged towards one of the Hunters and brought her sword down its armored back.  The gash was fierce but even as she drew the weapon out the wound started to close.  She was broadsided by yet another Hunter before she could land.  She looked towards the breach and a fifth Guyver showed itself.  This one was taller with smoother lines and a different style cluster of Phantom Gems, a Warmaster.  Akira had never faced one but Shandee had warned of their presence on the battle field.

Janos, who had hidden in wait for the perfect moment, jumped out in ambush with the burning strike from his Northern Fist.  He missed creating sparks as his flames scored the rock beside the Warmaster.  As The Magi, Ryoku, and Lem joined the fray the group focused their attentions on the Guyvers attacking the Nephilim.  It was after Janos suffered a jarring blow that the sleek Guyver grabbed his neck and poured thousands of tiny nanomachines into his bloodstream.  As the warrior began to metamorphose into the enemy the party fell on the Warmaster to no avail.  Desperate, the martial artist called on the secret power his master had left with him for an unexplained purpose.  From the Amulet of Anubis flowed pure magic that hedged out the machines and infused the warrior with its power.  Janos revelled at the seventy-five percent increase in his fighting prowess.  At Akira’s behest Archon released a burst of boiling lava scorching all that fought in the entrance.  It wasn’t long before the fight had turned in Group B’s favor.  They rallied and prepared to converge on the Warmaster but instead of retreating the Guyver outstretched its hand and to the party’s horror the destroyed Hunter-Classes began to reconstruct themselves.

Three times did Group B lay the Guyvers low and three times did the Warmaster resurrect his fighters.  It was the power behind the Hive Queen’s army.  The Warmaster-class was not the strongest or the most destructive but they were the linchpin that made the machine army unstoppable.  A blast of energy slammed into Archon’s chest knocking the Nephilim into the cavern wall.  Lava poured from dozens of wounds and fires of one eye had been completely extinguished.  The heroes gathered to protect Archon even as the Warmaster again resurrected his army.  Fatigued the party prepared for another bout but to their chagrin more Guyver entered the breach quickly outnumbering the force.

“Archon! Get up!” yelled The Magi.  “You’re not off the hook yet, I still intend to make you my Nephilim.”  She blasted a charging Hunter with a Justice Bolt and Lem followed with a heavy breath buster.  “You need to get up and fight.  We need you at our back, the people of UnderChipan need our combined strength!  Be Vigilant, be Valiant, and together we will be Victorious!”  A Guyver fell to a barrage of black energy, justice, and fire but rose again as a second Warmaster entered the fray.  She turned and locked eyes with the Nephilim and for the first time felt the bond between a trainer and her partner.  She ordered Porker to heal Archon.

The Nephilim swatted the Pixie Knight aside in a sweeping motion that enveloped the whole group.  By force the heroes were shoved out of the cavern.  There was a moment when the party froze unsure of what was happening.  Guyver plowed into the large Nephilim in a wave of bladed force.  Vivian, The Magi, had a dizzying jumble of thoughts and for the briefest moment she knew Archon’s mind.  She screamed for him to stop but too late.  The Nephilim roared and exploded in a grand expulsion of lava and stone.  Before their eyes the passage into UnderChipan was sealed with molten rock, before their eyes a hero fell.

Queen’s Rise- The Hive

Led by Dryden Group A searched the myriad tunnels of pulsing black cables beneath the old stones of Castle Chipan.  As their path winded through intricate loops the nature of the hive revealed itself.  Behind sealed doors automated arms constructed thousands of Guyvers.  Steam was generated from Phantom Gems and fed into the apparatus that ran the complex.  thousands of warriors just waiting for their queen to give them the signal.  Death slumbered while UnderChipan fought for her life.  It took them nearly thirty minutes to come a door that would allow their admittance.  As the circular door rolled open there were no illusions of sneaking up on The Hive Queen, she welcomed them in.

The room beyond was dominated by a massive flat display screen.  Cables crept along the walls and a control console sat near the center.  Lips large enough to devour them whole appeared on the display.  They smiled a cruel smile and the ever present sound of machinery that had followed them throughout the complex diminished.

“It has been a long time since someone submitted themselves for termination.” said the decidedly female voice.  The lips moved in sensual tandem with her words.

“The Hive Queen, I presume.  I hate to disappoint royalty but we are not here to be terminated.” said Ghomo.

“Intriguing.  Then why are you here?”  Lasers beamed from the walls and crisscrossed the group in red light.  The scan took only a moment but demonstrated just how quickly and easily they could be attacked.

“We are here to play a game.”  One corner of the mouth raised in a pouty smirk.

“I like games, but why would I play with you?”

“Because if you wanted us dead we would be dead already.  That alone makes our game worth playing.” stated Donte.

“We’re already playing her game.” stated Dryden in his normal, bored voice.  His mind was racing, no matter how things panned out he need to be ready to escape by the quickest route possible.

“They are both right, you let us in here because we are something of interest.  We have come to you instead of running away.  You want to know why.  The only way to get an answer is to play with us.”  stated Ghomo, he was not a compulsive gambler like Xavros but he had a strong poker face.

The huge mouth laughed a sultry laugh that reverberated off of the walls.

“Okay.  Let’s play.”

The mouth vanished in in its place appeared a  series of nine images, each a carving from antiquity.  The images slid across the screen from left to right and repeated.  Eventually they all stopped and then shrunk until all nine sat side by side.  She then spoke:

Sparkling like Diamonds on a velvet throw
In a sea of freezing cold where the River of the Gods flow
From nothing was born the water cloaked magma eye
On and on we spin, destined to die

In their floating city they sit watching and plotting
The Golden Scale, The Growing Stone
From the Urth we were born
In the end all bone

Bones to ashes, Ashes to dust
Blown to the wind blood, earth and rust
In the sea of freezing cold where the River of the Gods flow
Sparkling like diamonds on a velvet throw

The carvings vanished leaving behind a text bar and a cursor.

“What are we supposed to do here?” asked Masaru

Sparkling like Diamonds on a velvet throw
In a sea of freezing cold where the River of the Gods flow
From nothing was born the water cloaked magma eye
On and on we spin, destined to die

“Enter the first line.” ordered The Hive Queen.

The group pondered the nature of the game, the carvings, the poem.  The carvings were ancient renditions of The Gods of Creation, starting with JiYo of the scales and ending in Lucine the sky god.  The poem was the opening page of The Creation of the Light, divine book of the Creation Pantheon.  The two were related in obvious ways yet the question remained, how to enter the first line?

It was Ghomo who walked over to the console and enter the name of the goddess of Heroic Deeds: Helcion.  There came the sound of a buzzer and the lasers again returned but this time there goal was not to scan.  The energy was not enough to kill immediately but repeated blast would be impossible to survive.  The Hive Queen issued her previous order and the text bar cleared.

It was Dryden who attempted the console the second time and entered the name of the goddess of The Bleak Beyond: Malcontessa.  There came the sound of bell’s chime and above the text bar appeared the carving of the goddess of darkness.  Having showed the way the rest of the group quickly devised the following names: Leviathan, and Heron.  The carvings appeared as their names were confirmed.  The screen went blank as the last name was entered and the screen split down the middle.  As it slid aside a passage was revealed leading deeper into her nest and her next game.

UnderChipan- Main Chamber

The vanguard of UnderChipan’s defenders consisted of thirty hardy militia members equipped with whatever weapons they could manage to bring.  They were frightened, untested, and ready to sacrifice their lives for the sake of their people.  Leading them were Group B of The Heroes of the Kingdom.  They all stood resolutely.  Archon’s sacrifice had stopped the enemy for nearly thirty minutes but as the time continued to tick away the steady sounds of drilling slowly grew louder.  Debris began to cascade off of the eastern walls as huge drills broke the stone edifice.  Spider-like Guyvers entered the cavern of UnderChipan, digging apparatus still smoking from their burrowing.  Deep Driller-Class Guyvers.  The Magi took aim and let loose with the party’s only rocket, toppling the constructs and paving the way for his peers to get the drop on them.  She ordered the militia to hold their ground as Ryoku and Janos destroyed on of The Deep Drillers.  Lem and The Magi destroyed another before the Hunters began to pour out of the openings.

Four Hunters joined the battle led by a Warmaster and small childlike Guyver.  The Destroyer-Class construct soon revealed its strength when it opened its chest and fired a half dozen tiny rockets into the crowd of militia.  Most did not survive the blast.  The party of Bus 15 engaged the guyvers but were quickly overwhelmed as more and more constructs joined the fray.  Militia and heroes alike fought for their lives as they were slowly surrounded.  The Magi and Akira, safely behind The Judges Barrier, watched as the vanguard was massacre by the enemy.  Lem fought an airborne battle against a pair of constantly regenerating Hunters but it was only a matter of time before the end.

That was when defenders’ reinforcements arrived led by Kosey in command of the Nephilim’s Nautilus and Glass.  The battle for UnderChipan intensified.

Queen’s Rise- The Hive

Group A had eventually found themselves in another room playing another of The Hive Queen’s games.  Before them stood nine ancient statues cut in the style of old Marikesh, each representing one of The Gods of Creation.  They had walked down long corridors where hundreds of thousands of Guyver waited for activation.  They had been led to believe that she commanded a force of a hundred but in truth she controlled enough to blanket all of the ruins with deadly machines.

“I know you, Ghomo.”

“How do you know my name.”

“You match John Smith’s description of you.”

“So you know John… is he here, now.”

“No.  Unfortunately John was decommissioned years ago.”

“A shame.  John was a good man.”

“Indeed.”  The lights in the room dimmed except for small moats that clung to the group like reverse shadows. “Time to play.”

In their floating city they sit watching and plotting
The Golden Scale, The Growing Stone
From the Urth we were born
In the end all bone

It took them a while to decide but after some thought Ghomo stepped forward and touched the statue of Helcion, Goddess of Heroic Deeds.  The moats of white light turned red before the party was blasted by columns of burning energies.  Ghomo healed who he could but his own energies were running low.  Two more wrong guesses left Xavros scorched and only stable because of the detective’s efforts. It was Donte in the end that deciphered the answer and the sequence: JiYo, Uma Gelose, and Heron.

Five heroes started the second challenge but only four made their way to the final test.

UnderChipan- Walls of Castle Mansion

Silverkin fired another round into the advancing ranks of Guyvers and barely managed to return to cover behind a wall of sandbags.  The Guyvers advanced slowly returning fire only when fired upon.  The survivors of UnderChipan huddled behind makeshift barricades and within the walls of Castle Mansion.  Before those walls stood The Champion of UnderChipan, Shandee, encasing the building with the power of her mind.  The defenders were wounded and exhausted but there was no time to rest.  Glass had fallen to the onslaught, so had many of UnderChipan’s other soldiers.  These were the final hours.  This was the time that would make or break a generation.

Ryoku looked up into her eyes, there was beauty there as well as pain and fear.  Not fear for herself but fear for those she loved especially the tiny Nephilim with the soul of a man.  She offered her hand and he took it.  She could read his mind so there was no need to say what he was feeling.  She felt the same way.  He had suffered a terrible blow from a Warmaster and the wound was beginning to take its toll.

“Shandee, many of us are hurt badly.  Is there anything you can do.” he asked.

“If I could I would but even my considerable energies are nearly depleted.  This may be the end.”

“Don’t say that, we’ve only just started.  Our time together can not end like this.”

“It won’t.  I want you to take this.”  The barrier around Castle Mansion wavered as Shandee’s chest glowed with a bright light.  From within that light emerged her Divine Core, the center of all Nephilim.  As Juan/Ryoku watched in awe she took a small piece, a piece of her inner self, and handed it to him.  For a moment he stared dumbly at the light and then unsure what else to do he consumed it.  His insides vibrated and expanded, he burned from within and as each part caught fire it was born anew.  Her light faded and the Castle Mansion’s shields were once again strong.

“I feel different.” Juan/Ryoku admitted slowly.

“I just heard you in my head.” said The Magi, Vivian.

“What?! You heard me?”

“If you could talk, why haven’t been communicating with us?  That’s not how to be a team player.”

“... let’s save this town.”

Janos led with a flying kick that left the Hunter off balance.  His fist struck the construct with a flurry of blows that even the creature’s impressive healing was hard pressed to counteract and just as he stopped to inhale Janos forced his fist through to the Guyver’s spine.  Fist engulfed in fire and ice he searched the battlefield for another opponent.  Even as he engaged two more Hunters he caught sight of the black Guyver shouldering its way through the crowd.

The Magi let fly with arrow after arrow as she inspired the Marikesh Mercenaries and UnderChipan Militia to stand their ground and fight for their loved ones.  Beside her Juan/Ryoku released another blast of his newly acquired power.  From his hinds fired a ball of energy that was part mental and part adrenaline.  The bolt struck a Warmaster even as three arrows took it in the face.  A spray of Silverkin’s chaingun split the creature in two.  Even as it dropped another Warmaster took its place.  The defenders continued to fire until the advancing army, clinging to their resolve.  They too saw the black Guyver, they too saw death approaching.

Lem hid behind stalactite hoping to take cover in the shadows until the right moment.  The shadows felt comfortable, felt like home.  His true home.  He had followed the heroes thinking that they would help him find a way to leave their world and the fleshy prison he was trapped within.  Instead they traveled from one crisis to another.  Below were a hundred Guyvers determined to eradicate everyone that dwelled within the underground town.  Every time they destroyed one a new one took its place.  The others thought that the enemy numbers were increasing but from his vantage point he could see that their numbers remained constant.  Always one hundred.

He flew aside as the black Guyver slammed into the cavern ceiling raining stony death upon his allies and enemies alike.  It was a huge construct with a multitude of tentacles and muscular arms.  It spun like a top shearing through stone as if it were clay.  It roared and was answered by a barrage of attacks from below.  Easily dodging those attacks it searched the darkness for Lem.  As its sight settled on the man named after The God of Irony, Lem took a deep breath and released a burst of dark energy at the ceiling.  Stoned rained down on the horde below smashing a handful.  He inhaled to release another blast when the black Man-o-War-Class Guyver plowed into him.

Queen’s Rise- The Hive

“Ghomo, where is Kosey?” asked The Hive Queen.

“I have to admit, I don’t know.  By now he could be dead by the cold metal hands of your assassins.”

“I hope that is not the case, John Smith was very fond of the two of you.”

“You can experience human-like emotions, you are obviously more than a simple machine.  Why are you doing this?”

“Because I love you.”

With those words from The Hive Queen the lights in the room dimmed until the only illumination came from four spotlights.  One shone down on a dais and the others converged on a wall of masks.

Bones to ashes, Ashes to dust
Blown to the wind blood, earth and rust
In the sea of freezing cold where the River of the Gods flow
Sparkling like diamonds on a velvet throw

The party found themselves again puzzling over the meaning of the ancient elven poetry and its connection to the items arrayed along the wall.  Masaru propped Xavros limp form against the wall and grabbed the hilt of The Frozen Mountain.  He had been no real help with any of the other test but he hoped this one would allow him to use his blade.  A bushi lived and died by the sword not by an evil machines tricks.

Not capable of sustaining anymore failed attempts the heroes took extra care while studying the masks but to no avail.  Surprisingly it was the nobleman, Masaru, that made the first breakthrough.  He had trained for years in the cultural nuances of various people.  It was that knowledge that helped him see the pattern among the headpieces.  Twelve of the twenty-nine items were of Sarnic design, much like the tattoos that secretly covered Dryden’s back.  He shared that information and it wasn’t long before they were able to distinguish nine ancient elven masks that resembled the old earthly representations of The Gods of Creation.

Once more Ghomo took the lead and grabbed the mask that represented Helcion.  He stood atop the dais and put on the mask.  There was a loud venting of gas and the detective was engulfed in poison.  Stumbling down from the pedestal he tossed the mask which returned to the wall as if magnetically manipulated.  He coughed and sputtered.

“It’s not Helcion damn it!” said Dryden as he snatched another mask from the wall.  “Its never Helcion… but maybe its Mirrored Helcion.”

A face full of poisonous gas revealed that the cursed ninja was just as clever as everyone else. They survived the first two death clouds but unwilling to push their luck they stopped and discussed their options all the while thinking of their friends fighting and dying to defend UnderChipan.  

Finally Dryden again stepped forward but this time he went with his gut.  Cether Cos had trained him to be death, they stood in a nest of death, a hive of destruction… bones to ashes, ashes to dust... he grabbed the mask of Heron, the bird of death.  He placed on the mask and stood upon the dais.  His feet left the ground and he floated into the air frozen stiff.  He began to circle the dais, an earthly symbol of death.  Masaru donned the mask of The Lord of The Sea and stepped up to meet his fate.  He floated into the air to join Dryden, he was relieved but could not vocalize.

This left Ghomo, Donte and one more choice.  The man of science from another time made it immediately clear that he had no desire to step atop the dais but Ghomo managed to convince.  If their next choice was right Ghomo would need to deliver Dr. Lockheed’s message.  Reluctantly Donte wore the mask of Malcontessa and joined the others above the dais.  The ground opened and out rose a massive fifteen foot tall Guyver monstrosity.  Behind it rose and bronze and gold control panel.

“Why are you here, Ghomo!” demanded The Hive Queen in a voice that boomed throughout the room.

“I told you before, we’re here to play a game.”  The detective adjusted his clothes and stood up straight.  If he died here he would die as immaculately as he lived.  “We bested your game, now play mine.”

“No.”

The Savage-Class Guyver activated and roared like the beast it resembled.  It began to circle Ghomo who shuffled to maintain his distance.

“You say that John Smith was your friend and that you love us but then why are you doing this?”

“To save you.”

“How does wiping us out save us?”

“It deprives The Ender of his greatest source of power.”

“The Nightmare Moon?”

“No.  People.  His army is his greatest strength.  By terminating all sentient life I will deprive him of his greatest weapon, then my Guyver will destroy him.”  The Savage Guyver drew too close and Ghomo attempted to swat it with his backpack.  “Once I have removed the threat of the Guyver I will repopulate the world using the DNA I have collected from those terminated.”  The beast roared again.  “I am saving you.”

“There has got to be another way.”

“Not with as high a chance  of success.  Ghomo, I do not wish to kill you.  You are very stimulating.”  The Guyver barely missed as it lunged for the detective.  “Yet I am still not convinced of your purpose here.  I may need to terminate you…”

“I said I’m here to play a game!  I’ve played yours now play mine.”  The Savage Guyver stopped in its tracks and watched the mage.

“Play.”

UnderChipan- The Killing Fields

Hansel Grubbin stood hand in hand with Farmer Dave.  The two had seen much in their lifetime but nothing prepared them for the black beast that tore through the kingdom’s heroes like useless ragdolls.  The shook, sweaty palmed as the guyver warmachine marched upon the defenders and it would have been their end if not for The Wild Girl, Akira, The Number 2.  She sliced through ranks of the enemy with wild, unpredictable strikes that laid them low.  All around her were the figures of her new allies The Heroes of the Kingdom as well as the soldiers of UnderChipan.  Her sword Valiant struck the head from another Guyver and she paused to mop the sweat from her brow.  She sought the black Guyver, the one that slayed Lem.  And she found it flying straight for Shandee.

The Nephilim thrust forward her hand and a dozen tentacles disintegrated only to be replaced by more.  Her power slowed the monster but it advanced with a dark purpose.  Akira avoided the blades of a Hunter and the rockets of a Destroyer as she ran to aid Shandee.  She arrived just as the black Guyver hit his mark.  The Nephilim dropped to a knee and released a wave of energy that destroyed half of the Guyver but even that grew back.  Akira struck with surprise and force, driving her legendary blade deep into the Guyver’s back.

“I’ve always loved you.” declared Farmer Dave.  He gave Hansel a great sloppy kiss and charged the black Guyver, with pitchfork in hand.  Grubbin stood confused for a moment, then grabbed his bar stool and joined the charge.

“Long Live The Queen!” he bellowed.  Many joined the battle cry.

A Guyver lunged for the town drunk and met the business end of his stool.  Surprisingly the construct exploded.  Grubbin skid to a halt and eyed the magnificent seat in his hands.  Beside him another Guyver exploded, and another, and another.  All around them the Guyvers self-destructed.  The ceiling of the cavern caved in revealing the red light of the world above and in poured more Guyver, all inert, all exploding.

Akira and Farmer Dave helped Shandee to her feet.  The three stood in the ruins of UnderChipan before the true queen’s castle.  The survivors roared as one, LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!  And thanks to The Heroes of The Kingdom, she did, and she would.

To Be Continued...

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

961 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Longest update to date...

View user profile

962 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 pm

You knew that, Tony. You were there when i was writing it... took forever but I think it was pretty decent. Random is an asshat but he might be right, I did put a little more into it. Like the goddess Helcion when my plays engage in Heroic Deeds I can't help but notice.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

963 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Of course i knew that... Just felt like saying it.

View user profile

964 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:50 pm

What heroic deeds? People died like bitches.

View user profile

965 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Look At The Bones!!! wrote:What heroic deeds? People died like bitches.
There's a difference between dying like a bitch and sleepin like a Mexican. (No offense random) most of the party thought it would be easier to take a nap and do other things like wear goofy masks instead of completing the task at hand lol

View user profile

966 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:11 pm

lancelot chamomile wrote:
Look At The Bones!!! wrote:What heroic deeds? People died like bitches.
There's a difference between dying like a bitch and sleepin like a Mexican. (No offense random) most of the party thought it would be easier to take a nap and do other things like wear goofy masks instead of completing the task at hand lol
cheers 

Point for Lancelot!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

967 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:15 pm

If we're goin. By that logic then the only person that did their job is Chad.

View user profile

968 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Look At The Bones!!! wrote:If we're goin. By that logic then the only person that did their job is Chad.
And Shandee, she kept the Queen, and woman and children alive...

You're the Grinch, Look at the Bones, just thought you'd like to know.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

969 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:29 pm

You say that like you just found out. Where have you been for the past 12 years? Also I don't count it when over powered NPCs do things because it means that DM is telling the PC's they failed without actually killing them.

View user profile

970 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Time...

Week of Games: 6 days
The Lost Quarter: 3 days
The Moonlit Future: 6 days

15 days have passed since our story began and many of our heroes are already level 4... time is truly a relative thing.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

971 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Look At The Bones!!! wrote:You say that like you just found out. Where have you been for the past 12 years? Also I don't count it when over powered NPCs do things because it means that DM is telling the PC's they failed without actually killing them.
touche

cheers 

Point for Look at the Bones, game is tied!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

972 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:25 pm

I don't know why you both are bitching. we all completed our missions just the way it was asked from everyone.
Team B held off the guyvers from over running the town until Team A and destroy the hive, yeah they used the npcs help but that's not a bad thing the utilized the tools they were given. and the pokemon were tools for this.
Team A got in destroyed the hive and stopped the war. we won THE END.
everyone besides dom did something and tried something. even lion was helping us and thinking aint his strong suit. pat healed, tony cried, alan helped with his photographic memory (phone), darnell turned into a monster and played cannon fotter to the guyvers. we all did something very usfull so we all should be glad and happy. and we need to stop and hug each other with a nice cycle jerk.

View user profile

973 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Swatted the Guyver with his backpack....hysterical!!

wow, fifteen days passed and 29 sessions. That is basically 2 sessions per day and 8 sessions per level; which in turn we gained a level every 2 days. When looked at this perspective its not to bad, our level progression that is.

We all did good. Victory is at hand.

View user profile

974 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:13 pm

"Im glad we had our time to celebrate but, There is something coming with an energy level over 9000. I sensed it after i was informed about our little martial arts friend. what ever it is it's really powerful and unless we figure something out. it might go downhill (for team B). I dont have much left and this place will be having a visitor soon".

View user profile

975 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm not bitching I'm being myself.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum