CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rising of The Nightmare Moon

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 40]

126 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Word!

Both very logical explanations. even though it makes perfect sense how about if the situation changes and now I cant be the tank because we are now in a hospital, Kourie just took that roll.

The way magi explains is that each character is locked into their "Label".

View user profile

127 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Random wins a cookie! I still say don't pigeonhole yourselves. I dig Daniels explanation if I was will to change my opinion he got me. 2! 2 cookies for random.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

128 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 am

Random wrote:yes lem but i think you fail to realize that everything we do in this game is a combat situation, whether or not your in actual combat or just trying to get your group into a humans only bar. If lets say a group of four elfs, a really good group that works together IN EVERYTHING, tries to get into a humans only bar. there are certain roles each person takes to help achieve there goal. their's (chad) the "tank" who leads the party and/or conversation to try to enter the bar. their's the support (shawn) who helps chad prove his point on why hes getting into the bar. their's dps (pat)who says fuck it and tries a more "rough" tactic or good cop bad cop kinda thing in the background. and then a healer (khourie) who tries to calm everone down if things get out of hand, the wrong words are said or something went wrong and the healer has to smooth talk his way to calm things down. and in actual combat roles of course change depending on the person. but the same thing they did out of combat the same style of play can be used. so at the end i agree with pat we all have our roles to play tank, dps, surrport and healer. and having to much of one role wont make a good party, a group of all "leaders" and each one of the is going to want to do there own thing and hte party and game falls. a party of all HOT shot dps will all get them selfs kill fast. and a party of healers who talk first and then try to talk later well get there asses whiped.

I think that for the VERY SIMPLE fact that at the end of the day this is a game we play. its not real life.

I'm curious. What happens to a character that doesn't fit into these cookie cutter molds? I mean roleplaying aside, seeing as it doesn't fit into this discussion of WoW philosophy, where do characters that can't do damage, can't take damage, can't heal, or buff other players fit?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

129 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:54 am

They don't get invited to the raid.

View user profile

130 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:58 am

The Beast wrote:They don't get invited to the raid.

Lmfao

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

131 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:39 pm

9 times out of ten that type of person is usaly the tank role in roleplaying.again I didn't say everything was acutal combat but it all fit in that mold of somes ones going to be a tank dps etc. I think your associating the word tank and dps with combat only insead of this is just the best way to describe your "role" atm. as a team someone well be the leader (tank) and have his backup (surpport/dps) etc.

View user profile

132 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Oh. I didn't realize tank and leader were synonymous. Labels have a bad habit of becoming inhibitors. I am wary of newer or less... high int players letting the labels and roles you & pat assign them define them. We have a lot of noobs or inexperienced players in this current game. We need to be careful.

2 more cookies for Random. I completely understand your argument and now that I realize the Tank/Leader duality it makes a lot more sense.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

133 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 pm

I do not agree that the Tank and Leader have the same role. What I mean is I do feel my toon is a tank in this game but he is not a leader. As the body guard my job is to keep out of stuff. In combat my job is to be the tank and stop the dps from hitting them. Out side of combat I am the extra eyes, the heavy lifter and maby even getting into some spots they can not. In that sense the labes would be the Brains (leaders) and Mussule (followers).

Yes I do think eveyone uses labes on thier toons and even in real life.

View user profile http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

134 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Brains
Leader
Tank
Deepee-es(lol)
Healer
Support

Our list of labels grows longer but more in-depth. Nice, cookie for Phil. In real life as in the game people get caught up in labels and they let it effect their actions. I hope the weaker players, you know who you are, will read these post and understand that though we all have valid points in the end they need to play their character first and fill Random/Pat's role obligations second.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

135 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm

I R so sad, i am cookieless. but its ok, ill live off the sweetness knowing that i contributed to a rolling idea. I hope it keeps rolling. Before people make their character (motivation, backround, and other story interactions) make sure you have an idea of what you will bring to your party. This will give you an idea in battle and outside of combat, what your character would be doing. it saves time and gives you a plan on what you should be doing for further actions. "know your role, and shut your mouth(if you trying to get us killed").

View user profile

136 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:32 pm

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Brains
Leader
Tank
Deepee-es(lol)
Healer
Support

Our list of labels grows longer but more in-depth. Nice, cookie for Phil. In real life as in the game people get caught up in labels and they let it effect their actions. I hope the weaker players, you know who you are, will read these post and understand that though we all have valid points in the end they need to play their character first and fill Random/Pat's role obligations second.

im a support by the way.

View user profile

137 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Im neither. just some detective. He does not fill in any classification. unless combat breaks out and the triple decker cane fury attacks comes out....yes...you almost trip with a failed attempt.

View user profile

138 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Im neither. just some detective. He does not fill in any classification. unless combat breaks out and the triple decker cane fury attacks comes out....yes...you almost trip with a failed attempt.

lies! As much as you dont want to admit it, you are utility even if not by magical means. Detectives bringing a deeper insight or a stronger "engine" to figure out a mystery or situation. embrace your role my friend even if you dont want to classified under it.

View user profile

139 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Soo, what yo are saying is tat I should go out of my way to PROVE that we can live outside our classification? Have yo ever seen a Tank mage?

Also, 3rd..4th..and 5th editions are sooooo broken that anyone can do and become any or all class's.

We all know the cheese.

View user profile

140 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Cheddar or Asiago?

View user profile

141 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Does that mean that Ghimo is taking level 1 fighter?

Dynamic Sorcerer 1/Fighter 2...it a has begun. WoW for the win, I mean 4.0!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

142 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 pm

I hate this system as it is. i might as well jose it.

Mr Multiplicity here i come!!

Hate is a strong word...dislike is more like it. The system is not balanced. The Dm's job is figuring out how the chaars broke the system and bring back balance. It then becomes him VS us, instead of watching a movie.

View user profile

143 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:59 pm

you know what playing this system makes me want to play CNC. i wish we can transfer skills and stuff from 3.5 to cnc and make it simpler, but no one would be overpowered....

View user profile

144 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Most believe balance is overated, have fun with it. That's what I intend to do.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

145 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:30 pm

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Most believe balance is overated, have fun with it. That's what I intend to do.
no, im going to milk the hell out of it until you tell me im cheating, but before you do something more horrible to me.

View user profile

146 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 pm

The MAGI wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:Most believe balance is overated, have fun with it. That's what I intend to do.
no, im going to milk the hell out of it until you tell me im cheating, but before you do something more horrible to me.

[Takes many steps way from him hoping that he does not get hit by that fall out. ] Smile

147 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

this picture is the best photo that describes how my character looks when he transfroms the first time, when i get to transform to the next form, ill post the second photo of me.

View user profile

148 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:50 pm

The MAGI wrote:this picture is the best photo that describes how my character looks when he transfroms the first time, when i get to transform to the next form, ill post the second photo of me.

I just love your pink hair.

149 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 am

Strangly i agree with the dm on this one and some of the PCs,I am a big fan of the simplicity in Role Playing, but from what ive read some of the PC's need to remember that you guys are playing in an anime campaign right? SO...you should be doing absurd things and it should only progress from there...the PCs should be pushing the limits of their characters and constantly challenging the DM to prove how weak you guys still are...ive looked at the books and it does get a lil crazy but its still not cheating, its only cheesing when the DM is at a loss on how to challenge his players...That being said, i remember the group i played with before, and when you guys start crying, remember its only unfair to the PCs when they are not up challenge the DM presents...So challenge eachother...if i had a character i would want him strong enough to blow the moon up with a punch, but i would hope to be facing villains that would be able to put out the sun, and it would be the responsibility of the DM to bring it on!!!

View user profile

150 Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon on Wed May 01, 2013 10:21 am

Talis of Stormfall wrote:Strangly i agree with the dm on this one and some of the PCs,I am a big fan of the simplicity in Role Playing, but from what ive read some of the PC's need to remember that you guys are playing in an anime campaign right? SO...you should be doing absurd things and it should only progress from there...the PCs should be pushing the limits of their characters and constantly challenging the DM to prove how weak you guys still are...ive looked at the books and it does get a lil crazy but its still not cheating, its only cheesing when the DM is at a loss on how to challenge his players...That being said, i remember the group i played with before, and when you guys start crying, remember its only unfair to the PCs when they are not up challenge the DM presents...So challenge eachother...if i had a character i would want him strong enough to blow the moon up with a punch, but i would hope to be facing villains that would be able to put out the sun, and it would be the responsibility of the DM to bring it on!!!

Damn, the good ol' Sword Prince again explains why even though he's an abrasive egotistical asshat he is also one of my favorite PCs.

"Destroy the Moon, and I will unhinge the Cosmos to remind you why I am HE who creates worlds." -Gillian, Lord of The Gods of Creation

Last edited by The Bubbling Dark on Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum