CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brotherhood Reunited

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

So I'm at work right now with plenty to do on my plate but I am using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of experience expense. It's looking pretty sparse. I just really don't want to give too much experience, treasure, and power...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly."
-Thomas Paine

Yet the stronger and more prepared you are the more crazy the challenges you may face... decisions, decisions.

You guys have also yet to tell me the kind of Challenges and Monsters you wish to face. Legendary, you ALWAYS have something to chime in. Powergame away!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Post on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:23 pm  The Serpent

I am rethinking the dungeon. I think I will design it so that each level is a session which would allow more monsters, more treasures and more excitement without me feeling like I have to rush through things to get your guys to the next area.

Post on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 pm  Talis of Stormfall

That would be cool and it makes alot of sense actually...too much continuity to be a one shot but not enough demand for it to fall off if u guys dont play for a month or 2... Its a comet campaign lol

Post on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 pm  Drunk Flogger

well i can host and have people on Skype join in like sean and the wife and jose

Post on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:09 pm  The Serpent

I'm wary of doing the Skype thing yet if we can get some kind of consistent process in place it would be nice to get the entire group, old and new, together. We might even be able to get Anessa in on things. This could be hot.

Post on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:27 pm  Drunk Flogger

it dont matter to me, i want us to roleplay badly

Post on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:36 pm  The Serpent

Someone is a dope fiend! And wants to roleplay a lot! lol.

Post on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:08 pm  The Serpent

Okay, this has nothing to do with anything but I just want to say:

I am sick of PCs bitching about how I'm a dick because I only make horrible things happen and I only introduce evil NPCs. Fuck that! I make things happen both good and bad but no one remembers the good because the bad effects their lives more drasticly. I also introduce both good and bad characters on a session by session basis... every character you meet is an NPC, YOU IDIOTS! You fools only interact with the bad guys and shun the good guys then when the veil drops and the baddy goes "I'm evil and here to kill you" its like oh Lem is such an asshole or why do we always fight! What about the 10 days ingame that just passed when you didn't fight anything... sick of this shit.

Rant over. Just needed to see this in writing for later contemplation. I need to get started on the mapping for the next portion of Usher's Monument. back to work. Very Happy

Post on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:24 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Okay, this has nothing to do with anything but I just want to say:

I am sick of PCs bitching about how I'm a dick because I only make horrible things happen and I only introduce evil NPCs. Fuck that! I make things happen both good and bad but no one remembers the good because the bad effects their lives more drasticly. I also introduce both good and bad characters on a session by session basis... every character you meet is an NPC, YOU IDIOTS! You fools only interact with the bad guys and shun the good guys then when the veil drops and the baddy goes "I'm evil and here to kill you" its like oh Lem is such an asshole or why do we always fight! What about the 10 days ingame that just passed when you didn't fight anything... sick of this shit.

Rant over. Just needed to see this in writing for later contemplation. I need to get started on the mapping for the next portion of Usher's Monument. back to work. Very Happy

Wow thats how you really feel .... your a dick! ..... WE BOYZ!!!!

Post on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 pm  The Serpent

That was more of a Demon Hunters comment, but...
I'm a dick... Crying or Very sad

We Boyz...

Post on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:37 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:That was more of a Demon Hunters comment, but...
I'm a dick... Crying or Very sad

We Boyz...

STFU be a man .... cause WE BOYZ

Post on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 pm  The Serpent

Lol, every session of Demon Hunters has at least 1 10 minute interlude where the party collectively calls me a dick because:

1. Expect that when someone says I run into the room they don't mean I stealthily sneak into the room with my sword at the ready.
2. Make every NPC have a mind of their own or at least leave their decisions up to a dice roll.
3. Make enemies go for auto-kill attacks once the party starts doing auto-kill attacks.
4. Create difficult and unique bosses.
5. Expect them to loot if they want loot.
6. Expect them to fight smart
7. Punish stupidity with comical and embarrassing repercussions

It all seems reasonable to me but to the masses it all comes across as being a dick. I don't remember you guys being such crybabies... was it that bad with LOT4, and LOT4:R?

Post on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Lol, every session of Demon Hunters has at least 1 10 minute interlude where the party collectively calls me a dick because:

1. Expect that when someone says I run into the room they don't mean I stealthily sneak into the room with my sword at the ready.
2. Make every NPC have a mind of their own or at least leave their decisions up to a dice roll.
3. Make enemies go for auto-kill attacks once the party starts doing auto-kill attacks.
4. Create difficult and unique bosses.
5. Expect them to loot if they want loot.
6. Expect them to fight smart
7. Punish stupidity with comical and embarrassing repercussions

It all seems reasonable to me but to the masses it all comes across as being a dick. I don't remember you guys being such crybabies... was it that bad with LOT4, and LOT4:R?

ha this is funny as hell and accurate even for us.... thats hy we fight. i think the bigggest thing you have done recently that pissed me off was a swarm and a minataur in the same room...

Post on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm  The Serpent

If you guys had bothered to investigate, the minotaur had a lair above the room where the swarm built their lair. You guys could have locked the minotaur in the room with the swarm once the battle started and the swarm would have done your job for you.

Wait...

You guys destroyed the door and didn't bother to search the hole in the ceiling with all the treasure...

CHECK PREVIOUS RANT BULLET 5

Post on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:39 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:If you guys had bothered to investigate, the minotaur had a lair above the room where the swarm built their lair. You guys could have locked the minotaur in the room with the swarm once the battle started and the swarm would have done your job for you.

Wait...

You guys destroyed the door and didn't bother to search the hole in the ceiling with all the treasure...

CHECK PREVIOUS RANT BULLET 5

first of all you just made that up, second that treasure part we didnt complain about it. third, fuk allan he is an ass he pretty much got us killed with that bullshyt.

Post on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:So I'm at work right now with plenty to do on my plate but I am using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of experience expense. It's looking pretty sparse. I just really don't want to give too much experience, treasure, and power...

-Thomas Paine

Yet the stronger and more prepared you are the more crazy the challenges you may face... decisions, decisions.

You guys have also yet to tell me the kind of Challenges and Monsters you wish to face. Legendary, you ALWAYS have something to chime in. Powergame away!

ok, i hate to ruin this soo bad for all of us but i got a couple of ideas. how about this place has "x" floors, every 9th floor is like a small rest room maybe have some items. every tenth floor has a boss (beholder, giant, poison ivy from batman but super powered up, batman, apocolyspe should be near the top floor with mordrid magnus) yep i know i killed us but what ever. i hope you can like let us know somehow that (The "Collector"), made this tower as a game to see if humanity deserved to live.

Post on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:57 pm  The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:So I'm at work right now with plenty to do on my plate but I am using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of experience expense. It's looking pretty sparse. I just really don't want to give too much experience, treasure, and power...

-Thomas Paine

ok, i hate to ruin this soo bad for all of us but i got a couple of ideas. how about this place has "x" floors, every 9th floor is like a small rest room maybe have some items. every tenth floor has a boss (beholder, giant, poison ivy from batman but super powered up, batman, apocolyspe should be near the top floor with mordrid magnus) yep i know i killed us but what ever. i hope you can like let us know somehow that (The "Collector"), made this tower as a game to see if humanity deserved to live.

They say 'great minds think alike'... I'm not sure what this says about us but you are sssssoooooo close to the mark that I feel the need to applaud you. Unfortunately, batman is too weak for you guys (his fight would be more of a surprise I ganked you and flew into the shadows before you realized I was there with an answer to all of your weaknesses) to have a knock down drag out battle. Also, Mordrid is currently tormenting The Demon Hunters so I don't count him among the reunion rogues gallery. Let the tale unfold, you won't be too disappointed. Not sure about no damn, Rest Room (no pun intended but very much enjoyed)... maybe.

Post on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:52 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

-Thomas Paine

They say 'great minds think alike'... I'm not sure what this says about us but you are sssssoooooo close to the mark that I feel the need to applaud you. Unfortunately, batman is too weak for you guys (his fight would be more of a surprise I ganked you and flew into the shadows before you realized I was there with an answer to all of your weaknesses) to have a knock down drag out battle. Also, Mordrid is currently tormenting The Demon Hunters so I don't count him among the reunion rogues gallery. Let the tale unfold, you won't be too disappointed. Not sure about no damn, Rest Room (no pun intended but very much enjoyed)... maybe.

Even though i appreciate your comment, "Great minds think for themselves" also batman is boss you can use him as a "fake boss" just to widdle us down for the next floor. He might be "weak" but tactics can cause us to was FT and items. so that the next floor could be harder for us. The Rest room idea is valid, you be fucking us up bad. we need a spot like that, for the host of the tower might find it more entertaining if we were just "weak" all the time. He/she wants to be entertained while asking the question "do these worms deserve to live" or somthing around those lines....

Post on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:59 pm  The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

-Thomas Paine

Even though i appreciate your comment, "Great minds think for themselves" also batman is boss you can use him as a "fake boss" just to widdle us down for the next floor. He might be "weak" but tactics can cause us to was FT and items. so that the next floor could be harder for us. The Rest room idea is valid, you be fucking us up bad. we need a spot like that, for the host of the tower might find it more entertaining if we were just "weak" all the time. He/she wants to be entertained while asking the question "do these worms deserve to live" or somthing around those lines....

I know, I know but a Rest Room... I don't want to give you guys a place that's 100% safe. It claws away at my sensibilities. I agree that Batman could be cool but with the things the way I plan there will be no need to make you weaker unless I want guaranteed kills during the boss battles. I might mix the Rest Room idea with Anessa's old Dwarf idea... The Old Dwarf Rest Room. lol.

Post on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:10 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

-Thomas Paine

I know, I know but a Rest Room... I don't want to give you guys a place that's 100% safe. It claws away at my sensibilities. I agree that Batman could be cool but with the things the way I plan there will be no need to make you weaker unless I want guaranteed kills during the boss battles. I might mix the Rest Room idea with Anessa's old Dwarf idea... The Old Dwarf Rest Room. lol.

ok, ok, hear me out on this one. Im crazy but i fell this might please the thoughts in your head. make the "safe" room, a puzzle room. Attach rest time to actual time so we dont just abuse the room. i wont give you the time transfer rate, thats something you can decide on your own. If you make it a puzzle when we enter the room a clockdown sequence will start lets say 10hrs. we solve the puzzle and what ever time we have left will be how "safe" the room will be before it reveals itself. we have that time to rest solve a puzzle so it seems that we have earned it instead of you just giving it to us. so before we can rest we have to solve a puzzle, it might even reveal some items? 2 birds 1 stone. i can even give you one but i wont participate. so what do you think of that kind sir?....

Post on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 pm  The Serpent

Alan, I might go with your plan. It accommodates everyone without making it feel like a handout.

Post on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:54 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Alan, I might go with your plan. It accommodates everyone without making it feel like a handout.

Where the fuck did he post, i want to read it too. I cannot seem to find the post. can you tell me where?

Post on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:37 pm  The Serpent

I need to finish the backgrounds but I'm a little swamped at work and besides Allan's character no one else even checks the forum so their character doesn't matter (DARNELL).

Post on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:I need to finish the backgrounds but I'm a little swamped at work and besides Allan's character no one else even checks the forum so their character doesn't matter (DARNELL).

.... lem, im on the forums like every day i reply to your comments all the time. some times i want to hit you but your my brother...

Pat Breeze

Post on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:17 pm  The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:I need to finish the backgrounds but I'm a little swamped at work and besides Allan's character no one else even checks the forum so their character doesn't matter (DARNELL).

.... lem, im on the forums like every day i reply to your comments all the time. some times i want to hit you but your my brother...

Pat Breeze

Seeing as your background is already up, I was obviously not including you... Fucktard

Post on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 pm  Drunk Flogger

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:Alan, I might go with your plan. It accommodates everyone without making it feel like a handout.

Where the fuck did he post, i want to read it too. I cannot seem to find the post. can you tell me where?

Okay what idea did alan come up with that was sooo superior to mine, i cant find it on the forums sir

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum