CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brotherhood Reunited

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

So I'm at work right now with plenty to do on my plate but I am using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of experience expense. It's looking pretty sparse. I just really don't want to give too much experience, treasure, and power...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly."
-Thomas Paine

Yet the stronger and more prepared you are the more crazy the challenges you may face... decisions, decisions.

You guys have also yet to tell me the kind of Challenges and Monsters you wish to face. Legendary, you ALWAYS have something to chime in. Powergame away!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:52 pm  Legendary

Well the time setting is suppost to be medieval so thinking about that puts the picture of an army with knights riding horses, and mixing in the fantasy part I can see Giants hurling bolders off the castle walls trying to crush the werewolves that are on their way to storm the castle. So I guess my monster suggestions would be knights, holy or diabolical, Giants and Lycanthrops, or better known as shapechangers in DQ...

Post on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:34 pm  The Serpent

Now I'm in the mood for an order of Knighted Giants afflicted with lycanthropy! Everyone, thank jose

Post on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:19 pm  The Serpent

Been creating characters during lunch and... well highest starting experience was 7500 and to get to rank 3 in Healer, the rank where you can begin to shed FT to heal others, is 6800. So Random is going to be a Full Earth Mage and rely on his Healing Spell to heal. Funny, neither style of Healing can be done in combat so either players survive an encounter or... well good luck people. lol

Post on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 pm  Drunk Flogger

shit, this will be fun

Post on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:00 pm  The Serpent

Allocating Ability scores in about an hr. I'm going to start everyone with a 89/22 spread.

Amendments/Home-brew Rulings:
MA represents both Magical Aptitude and Mental Aptitude
PB, will not only represent Physical Beauty but also Charisma
MF is a stat that represents a characters ability to deal with frightful of sudden situations and will be a derivative of MA and WP(Will Power)

*Players, excluding Chad, will roll their PB on gameday

Post on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm  The Serpent

Brownies!

The food, there are free brownies in the office... there are too many ways to goof off here. I need to stay focused and avoid my old DeVry ways, lol... Brownies!

Seriously though, it would be cool to have a Facebook-like interface to that I could transfer the forum to. Just an observation.

Post on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 pm  Leetin McBeatin

make sure those damn hippies are not providing free hash brownies.

Just curious? With the Exp that we have, what level will we be considered? i know its prob hard to quantify, just a guestimate

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 am  Legendary

In DQ there are no levels... you get xp and spend it to increase your characters abilities and stats...

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:35 pm  The Serpent

Its a hard comparison... I would say low-mid Mid level characters. By the book a group earns about 800-1500 experience an adventure, since you guys are starting with 7000+ I think you are well seasoned.

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:14 pm  The Serpent

Falling asleep at work...

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:56 pm  The Serpent

Caster Types
Khourie
Random

Rogue Types
Chad
Ms. Shaun

Fighter Types

Pat
Jose
Shaun
Alan

Nice little Party mix we got here. Jose and Pat as leaders of the party will be fun!

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm  The Serpent

Giant Werebear Knights
Dragons
Undead

What else guys... I'm trying to make this fun for everyone. Your input is key.

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 pm  Drunk Flogger

whoa i aint the leader of shyt, its still going to be khourie or someone else.

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm  The Serpent

Lol, I gave you and Jose Military Scientist as a means of Buffing the party and providing support. Military Scientist buffs and bonuses only apply when the player is the leader? Smile

You and Jose, Leaders, ha!

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:07 pm  Legendary

Am I going to be able to give different buffs than the ones that are on there? cause the only ones I can remember off the top of my head are initiative, willpower, and time between rounds to comunicate about what to do durring the battle...I didn't see anything about increasing defense or BC...Just wondering now so that when we get into first fight and I try to boost peoples defense they don't look at me like im on fire or something.

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:16 pm  The Serpent

Legendary wrote:Am I going to be able to give different buffs than the ones that are on there? cause the only ones I can remember off the top of my head are initiative, willpower, and time between rounds to comunicate about what to do durring the battle...I didn't see anything about increasing defense or BC...Just wondering now so that when we get into first fight and I try to boost peoples defense they don't look at me like im on fire or something.

No just what's there for now... you might get an item that lets you buff SC or Def but I don't want to do too much tweaking of the Skills. Maybe some coll Roleplayand Rollplay might cause situational buffs I still have a week to think it through. I'll be off next week so if I'm not seeing post I'm probably not going to bother checking a lot. Happy Holidays. Ill have your stats and such ready, I hope.

Post on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 pm  Leetin McBeatin

Creepy insect hordes, maybe a place of importance or a pass is infested with lots of weak insectiodes that constants harass our escape.

Think it would be visual wading or way through the bugs. Not all of the need to be attacking us, but just their presence interferes with our hast escape. Something tie sensitive, add the added pressure and fear.

Post on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:28 pm  The Serpent

Struggling a little at work but in the back of my mind I'm trying to think of a few cool items to drop with the defeat of Talindra, Embodiment of Indra.

Post on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:42 pm  Talis of Stormfall

perhaps the reason y your struggling is because dq isnt really item heavy....we have always played were our skills ruled the day and exp is king....

but here are some ideas
1.something thundery and lightningy...maybe armor, or maybe just the the essence of thunder and lightning since we all have different proficentcies maybe just the essence of something held in a fragment or other inaminate object could be used to apply the electric element or thunder property to one of the party member many posessions...
2.definitely a sword....no way she couldnt have dropped a sword...that thunderspark sword was cool...
3.ummm i would say something thats an ode to indra...one of the amulets her and her brother fought to obtain from one another...

Post on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 pm  The Serpent

Lol. I'm struggling with task at work. Thinking of items in my free time.

Nice ideas... might give the sword but the fragment seems more reasonable. Might even use shards for Demon Hunters. Good call, Nephew!

Post on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:36 pm  Drunk Flogger

i like the shards idea also, but i want that shield so give it up already.

Post on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:37 am  Cambria

You could do the best of both worlds.... Do a shard, but make it one that could eventually be added to a sword during the forging. However, only one great dwarf master lord of weaponry knows how to wield the power and encase the shard properly for it to work to its full potential. Instant quest to find the dwarf master.... That could take the story in multiple directions!

Post on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 pm  The Serpent

Its funny that you say that, Cambria. What I'd been toying with is that the shards allow elemental attributes to be attached to weapons, shields or armor. For the full power of the shards to be realized a master craftsman would need to be found who could integrate the shard permanently. Maybe a surly, burly dwarf named Cambria who is a savant in her field.

Post on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:27 pm  Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Its funny that you say that, Cambria. What I'd been toying with is that the shards allow elemental attributes to be attached to weapons, shields or armor. For the full power of the shards to be realized a master craftsman would need to be found who could integrate the shard permanently. Maybe a surly, burly dwarf named Cambria who is a savant in her field.

Thats actually funny, i would like that idea, but a couple of thoughts.... one we would need to leave this tower (not happening anytime soon, unless that dwarf is in here) two we might have to reset the dungeon to even get out ( how do we do that? IDK).
Then this dwarf has to be cool (highly unlikely with our group composition). so this is the minor stuff who know what else that guy wants from us. If lem can make it work then grats other wise it might be too much of a problem to be delt with. we have to prioritze us getting those tome's first, then anything else later.

Post   Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum