CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The New Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The New Project on Wed May 09, 2012 5:40 pm

So what are we going to write? Who will be on the project? Genre, concept, style, purpose? What will our masterful writing project begin, and where will it lead us?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

2 Re: The New Project on Wed May 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Still trying to put together The Rune of Darkness . Notes are coming along but haven't really written anything substantial lately...

View user profile

3 Re: The New Project on Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Thoughts:

Lets do a period piece. Maybe one that requires stylized writing and speak patterns.

A corruption of our own history, its the same but different.
- 1920 with aliens
- 1900's with higher level of technology
- 1900's with creatures

I can go on for months.

View user profile

4 Re: The New Project on Wed May 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Have you read Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter? Something like that could be fun. I could go for an alternate history, something like The Black Plague but as a Zombie infection or Sea People sink the Titanic maybe even The Third Reich orchestrated by extraterrestrials. Could be sick.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

5 Re: The New Project on Wed May 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Those are solid ideas. I think if we go with something like that, we need to pick the historic event, and all read up on it, and decide on a basic concept or idea, but not hammer out details. I think the beauty of our other stories is the element of surprise, and the twists and turns the story takes, because we aren't on the same page, so to speak.

I could see a futuristic flair too. For example, time travel... Major historical figures ripped from their time, brought to the future to either wage war, bring peace, procreate to make evil babies or smart babies, or babies with amazing fashion sense...

3000 AD - Man is at its worse. Because of the years of career focused, money hungry living, our higher forms of life decided not to procreate, while our lowest forms procreated in abundance. Instead of moving forward, we've devolved. The classes divided on a scale like none have seen. Those few left that were born to the great minds of the past living in abundant, lush, self sustaining cities, cut off from all others, protected by the technology that only they possess and understand.

As for the rest of the primitive minds, they are ruled by only wants, needs and desires. Violence, filth, hunger, plagues, and complete anarchy rain. They have no government and no rule of law.

But very few children are born to the High Ones. Sterility is common. There has to be some way to keep their population from dying. Mating with the Primitives is not an option. A plan is devised. We bring the great ones to us, they decide.

Ahhhhhhhh. I'm getting carried away... Writing the whole story in my head now.

But you get my drift!

View user profile

6 Re: The New Project on Thu May 10, 2012 11:02 pm

The lower forms need to water their lawn with Gatorade, they lost the knowledge that water is good, cause Gatorade wanted to make more money. Crops stopped growing people are unhealthy, and they get stupider every day.

View user profile

7 Re: The New Project on Fri May 11, 2012 7:19 pm

This story idea is making me think of a movie I saw... I believe it was called Ideocracy. Do we have any other story ideas? I've purposely restraint from giving it too much thought.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

8 Re: The New Project on Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Yes, it does.....

And there I was thinking it was an original idea.

If I start there will be Gatorade....Who wants to start?

View user profile

9 Re: The New Project on Fri May 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Then why doesn't someone else suggest something???

IDEAS PEOPLE!!

View user profile

10 Re: The New Project on Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Secret Agents from the future snatching DNA from 20th century pop icons and literary characters.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

11 Re: The New Project on Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 pm

And the secret long lost recipe to Gatorade. They all search for DNA as a front, but what is really on the agenda is Gatorade brew masters of different points in history. The goal is to create a super human leader of a terrorist organization....we shall call him....Sepentor!

Lets just start writing and we can add our own theme and time frame.

View user profile

12 Re: The New Project on Sat May 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Serpentor Lord of Gatorade... I could get behind that. But what will the Terrorist agenda be? World domination is overrated, maybe the revenue from countless sport commissions using their product exclusively?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

13 Re: The New Project on Sun May 13, 2012 4:42 am

Sweet.

World Sports domination through exclusive contracts. I like it.

Our leader always needs to say "This I command!" its his catch praze.

We can have juice assassins, corporate espionage. Yes, the slow takeover of Gatorade.

View user profile

14 Re: The New Project on Sun May 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Reading this makes me wanna say that the hero of the story should be...

wait for it...

THE WATER BOY!!!!

Have him do what he can to stop sports being taken over by corporations branded flavor drinks!

sorry, couldn't resist...

View user profile

15 Re: The New Project on Sun May 13, 2012 11:56 pm

I have become completely uninterested in this project.

View user profile

16 Re: The New Project on Mon May 14, 2012 9:39 pm

I was kidding, I did not mean to throw a monkey wrench into the project. I just saw an opening for one of my lame corny jokes. Please don't let my dumb comments stop the flow of conversations.

View user profile

17 Re: The New Project on Mon May 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:I have become completely uninterested in this project.

You lie, you want this so much you can't stand it. When there's a movie we'll have Cathy Bates reprise her role as our hero's mom but Adam andler might be too old at this point. We'll need Andy Sandberg.

But seriously I'm up for whatever you guys want to write. Maybe Cassiopeia can start us out with a post and we can all pick up from there. That's how Natalie Flores and Avalon Reborn began, why ruin a working formula?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

18 Re: The New Project on Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 am

I though Avalon was Shawn's story..? I need to reread old stories...was that the one with all the diff color posts and the Id, EGO..and other crazy shit?!?

Yea, start it and have us suckers follow your lead.

View user profile

19 Re: The New Project on Tue May 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Amen!!!

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

20 Re: The New Project on Tue May 15, 2012 7:07 pm

@ Lycant... It wasn't you, it was the general obnoxiousness of the gatoraid angle.

Anyway - I am currently working on something, and will be posting it soon.

View user profile

21 Re: The New Project on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 pm

I just got bit by the writing bug. Began doing a rough summary draft of Pokemon: Rune of Darkness. Now I feel like doing the full chapters. Very Happy

Last edited by The Lycant on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell for shit)

View user profile

22 Re: The New Project on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:18 am

Write away, write all day.

Have fun!!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum