CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Pros and Cons of using outside material

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:58 am

Then why tell them to heal him. If he had left him there and challenged the next person and his body was moved and Shoo went over there and healed him, I wouldn't have a problem with it because then you would be correct. But that's not the case...

View user profile

27 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:02 am

he didnt say heal him. he said whos next. shoo went over there and got his body

View user profile

28 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 am

No, he said to take his body and heal him....

View user profile

29 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:49 am

Actually he said:

'That's it heal him, I WANT A FIGHT!!!'

Waited for Talis to be healed, beat his ass, beat Jayden's ass, then beat Sinn's ass. He said the matron mother wanted your heads but HE just wanted to best you in combat. If he wanted your death he could have arranged an ambush, Drow Stylee(as Fat Mike would say!).


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

30 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:29 pm

exactly. now do you understand?

View user profile

31 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Point blank if the Dm adhered to your point of view Legendary it just wouldnt be fun to everyone else, thats y he doesnt do the things you suggested...notice that he still has a game running and you do not...i am not trying to make fun of you just that if the pcs are not having fun they do not want to play anymore...its just that its obvious that your the type of person who is overly logical and sees things so acutely that you cant be flexible, and that doesnt mesh well for fantasy or that there of roleplaying if pcs are dying from sharpnel and whatever reallife affliction that u posted, I kinda dont wanna play...i dont care how logical it is or how much sense it would make in real life, part of why people play is strictly because it is not real and we get to let our imaginations run wild, if i have to worry about beholders, aswell as the sharnel, the silent killer in explosions or even dyin from heart attacks because we are all so stress some of the time I just dont kno, i think i would give up...Agiain not trying to bash you its just the person i see you as...if lem did everything by the book like you suggest he do, it would stifle the pcs, and i dont think his game would be enjoyable to himself or any others, maybe to you because it runs right down your ally, but 1 person enjoying himself out of a group is not worth it and not is not y we gather 4 days out of the week...I know why u have brought this up tho its because you feel like you have been discriminated against, when your character dies you do not recieve the same treatment that some pcs get when their life is question, you feel as tho you are just killed and and forced to make another character and I can tell you now its because of the characters you make...No name having ,Heavily GEAR orientated, non-goal having outside of getting more GEAR ofcourse, mindless deadwieght outside of combat, haording, looting (non-rogue)(when the party just risked their lives to vanquish something), antisocial, paper thin background having characters...excuse me while i catch my breathe....Embarassed phew!

Its obvious the point of lem's DM style is not to kill us, because as god its easy to smite, but to challenge and motivate us to learn and that as a DM is hard...He is trying to tell an epic story here and if all the characters are dead from shrapnel in an explosion he will have done his work for nothing because he has no one worthy to tell it too...If it fustrates you as a pc make a character with some soul that the dm likes and has fun roleplaying with that adds to his story, that is my advice to you...you kno the dm we have now instead of trying to change him ROLEPLAY outside of combat and surprise him...i hope i dont get negative experience like chad did for this post...

sorry for the grammtical errors if there are any...

And if you are going to rebuttle legendary do not nitpick or over analyze what i have sed...I will not answer to nitpicking...that is all...



All men know my name and in turn I know all of theirs...
-GReed

View user profile

32 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Greed, grammatical errors or not, you spoke what I think we all feel exactly.

If you want a game that adheres strictly to rules, here are a few I suggest, Clue, Monopoly, Uno, Guess Who.... etc....

C&C, D&D, DQ... no matter what system you use, it is about FANTASY and IMAGINATION. It is about thinking outside of the box and rules and regulations.

View user profile

33 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:22 pm

:"Guess Who..?" whats that?

Ohh, to stay on topic, Yes

View user profile

34 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Greed wrote:Point blank if the Dm adhered to your point of view Legendary it just wouldnt be fun to everyone else, thats y he doesnt do the things you suggested...notice that he still has a game running and you do not...

Lol. I got to here and thought I should clarify this before I finished reading. So I'll post again after I finish reading the post. I don't have a game running anymore because I Stopped playing them. I don't always have the time to do all the things a DM has to do. Then the only ones who suffer are the people playing in my campaign. It has nothing to do with the way I think. I've only ran a few games, but people always had fun playing them. Sure there were times when things got slow. That happens in all camapigns. But eventually things picked up again. And I wasn't suggesting anything to the DM, I was just saying how I feel about certain situations of how it seems the DM plays favorites. He probably isn't doing that, it just seems that way is all....And I deal with it and move on. So what I guess I'm trying to get at is don't think you know something about something you know nothing of. Don't try to say that the way I think is what caused people to stop playing my game when you never played in one or even know why we stopped. First find out the facts and then you can say what you want and we can talk it out to find out the truth behind what happened...

O and AFRO SAMURAI BITCHES afro

View user profile

35 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 pm

... bump?



Last edited by The Great Gromwold on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

36 Sighs...It begins on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 pm

I appologize then im sure the long sessions that you and toni shared were marvellous indead, o and i have played in one of your games...once...nuff sed i think lol!

View user profile

37 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Greed wrote:
All men know my name and in turn I know all of theirs...
-GReed

Best post all day!


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

38 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Greed wrote: and that doesnt mesh well for fantasy or that there of roleplaying

if pcs are dying from sharpnel and whatever reallife affliction that u posted


if lem did everything by the book like you suggest he do,


Ok this is where I got up to so far since my last post. First thing, anyone know how to grab quotes without having to take the whole thing?

Now to the post. The first doesn't make sense to me. Can you clarify what you meant? I'm probably reading it in an odd way is which why I don't understand what it means. Just want to know so I can understand better.

Second part. I only threw that in as an example of how someone could live even when it seems they shouldn't have. I remember talking to Lem in the car on the way home about it. I was trying to keep myself alive and I used that as a reason why I should still be alive. Either you guys are reading my posts incorrectly or I'm just not stating my thoughts correctly. I don't always want real life stuff in there. If I did then you guys falling 100+ feet I would've been ranting and raving about that. So when you read my posts, try to think outside the box and what I mean when I post something.

Third part. Again, I didn't suggest he do everything by the book. If he did the game would be boring after a short time. And all this crap you guys keep putting about me not thinking outside the box is crap. The only reason I'm able to break games so easily is because I think outside the box. I use rules that are set and finagle them in a way as to make those rules overpowered. If I didn't think outside the box then I wouldn't be able to do this so easily. Also take a look at the weapon I post for my wish list. I made that item up myself and the only reason it has things from the book is to limit myself into not making it a godly weapon. I have to use the rules to limit my imagination. Otherwise I'd be the only one having fun cause you guys would die to anything strong enough to fight me.

Again, I'll post more when I have read more. You guys know how bad my memory is and if I don't post right away I'll forget what I was going to say...

View user profile

39 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:08 pm

You...are....soooo......grrr......I promised...3 days need to pass...........AHHHHH.....

View user profile

40 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Greed wrote:I know why u have brought this up tho its because you feel like you have been discriminated against, when your character dies you do not recieve the same treatment that some pcs get when their life is question, you feel as tho you are just killed and and forced to make another character and I can tell you now its because of the characters you make...No name having ,Heavily GEAR orientated, non-goal having outside of getting more GEAR ofcourse, mindless deadwieght outside of combat, haording, looting (non-rogue)(when the party just risked their lives to vanquish something), antisocial, paper thin background having characters...

O man you started off so well and lost it in the end. Sad

You're right, I do feel that way and I have said so in past posts, so no surprise there. as for the second half of this quote. All my characters have names. i leave them for last because I'm not good with coming up with names and since I've made so many characters and I watch a lot of tv/movies, I sometimes think I made a name up when it actually came from somewhere else. The gear oriented is correct. I like gear and that's the reason I play. I like to collect gear that does cool stuff. The non-goal oriented thing. Completely wrong. Ask Lem if you can read one of my backgrounds. I always have a goal. It's usually something lame like I have to kill a god or something. But really, to be honest, it's hard to come up with a new reason to make a character every few sessions that I haven't already used. The mindless part is only half true. I help out when it's needed. Since we have such a large group, if everyone tries to threw their two cents in, it just makes us waist more time than we already have. Besides, the things I'm good at are puzzle solving and stratagy. I get to use my puzzle solving abilities sometimes, but since a lot of the puzzles are obvious a lot of people figure it out (just usually a few days after I have). As for the stratagy part, I had so many plans when Lem did that whole, everyone has a group of NPC's and are going to fight the enemy in a war that way. But we only did it for 1 or 2 sessions and that was it. I easily could've came up with a way for the Gnomes to be able to fight the Orcs even though their numbers were so much smaller. But I wasn't there for any of that which is why the are stuck fighting the loosing battle they are. Now the hoarding thing. How can I hoard anything if my characters only survive a few sessions? And when have you ever seen me hoard anything in this campaign? I take the things no one else wants and share the things everyone needs. For instance, My character right now have a backpack that I made out of the Goblins armor and I have a bunch of daggers. Now seeing as how I'm the only character atm that doesn't have anything, I would have to assume that no one needs anything I have. I was mistaken when Shoo asked me for a dagger. I was surprised as well and couldn't think for a second. After I collected my thoughts I asked him if what he said was that he wanted a dagger. He said yes and then I asked him how many he wanted. He said just one, so I gave him one. Then later after the whole fight with that Drow fighter/ranger guy thing I searched the bodies of the 24 drow that where watching. I only did this after everyone else had done all kinds of stuff and no one even thought of searching them. Everyone just wanted the magic items the boss had. So I found some potions and immidiately told the group that I had found them. We then used all but 1 of them, even though I've seen you drink a few during the fight. I didn't complain that I didn't have anything and we should use the potions you guys are hoarding. Ok, I just noticed that I'm ranting so I'm just going to move onto the next part. What?! Looting when the party just risked their lives to vanquish something. What? I don't know what you mean by this. We always loot after we kill something. Do you mean looting while we're fighting? I didn't understand this part, please clarify. Antisocial, you're right I do that. I do that because I myself am antisocial. I don't like being around people but I force myself to otherwise I'd be that stereotypical 40 year old living in his parents basement playing video games. I know that's pretty much how it is atm, but that's because I'm in school and I really don't see myself graduating if I'm working at the same time. And without a job I can't afford to live anywhere. As for paper thin backgrounds...That's total bullshit. My backgrounds are always at least 1 full page if I have the time to write one up. Meaning there are times when I die at the begining of a session and I make a new character. I still need a background so I write one up in a few minutes so I can join the session asap. Have you read the background for the Holy Swordsman? That's like 9 pages and it's only about halfway done (have to cut it short because I told Lem that I had at least 2 more chapters to write and he made a face, so I'm only going to write one more chapter). I have other backgrounds that are at least 7 pages as well. You just haven't seen them because they were for games you weren't in. Ok, going back to read some more of your post.

View user profile

41 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Greed wrote:If it fustrates you as a pc make a character with some soul that the dm likes and has fun roleplaying with that adds to his story,

you kno the dm we have now instead of trying to change him ROLEPLAY outside of combat and surprise him...

i hope i dont get negative experience like chad did for this post...


And if you are going to rebuttle legendary do not nitpick or over analyze what i have sed...I will not answer to nitpicking...that is all...





I have made many characters the DM likes. For instance Armando. Lem loved that guy and I had a lot of fun playing him. Only problem is he didn't get saved like some of the other characters I know. It happens a lot and I get bored making awesome characters and they die that session and I don't even have a chance to play it.

For the second part, I was a little confused. Did you mean to have that as 2 seperate sentences? Cause if so it makes sense. If not then it doesn't make sense to me and I'm going to need clarification on what you meant.

The third part. What did you mean by that? I read all the posts before this one and I didn't notice anything like that...Maybe it was something I put so that's why I didn't notice it.

And as for the last part: Sorry too late I read that part while I was writing this post. Oops...

So can you clarify those things I didn't understand please? I hate to make comments when I don't understand something because then I just look like an ass. Thanks

View user profile

42 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:31 pm

Greed wrote:I appologize then im sure the long sessions that you and toni shared were marvellous indead, o and i have played in one of your games...once...nuff sed i think lol!


See now you're just being an ass. It wasn't just me and Tony. It was a group of four people and we played for a while. Then school got in the way again and I had to stop playing. I didn't start up again because I had done that once before and had to quit then as well. I figured if I started again for the third time I would just have to quit for school again and that wouldn't be fair to those playing.

You talking about that one day we played at Randoms house? O please, the game continued after that. I was just upset at how you guys always listen to Random and when it bits you in the ass you blame everyone else. I also just wanted to rile up Random for thinking he could outsmart me in trying to break my system...I just wanted to show him that he can't just do whatever he thinks he can like I'm not even there...Doesn't work that way. O and if you're reading this Random, since the campaign probably wont start up again, you couldn't kill that Orc because it was part of the story line. the "main boss" you guys didn't find out about, but knew about, had come up with a way to make living creatures have undead traits without making them undead. which is why chopping his head off and scrambling his brains didn't kill him. But I couldn't tell you that because it would give away the plot and also would take away from you guys figuring out why you couldn't kill him. I let you kill him because of how much you thought I was being a dick and how you couldn't understand why you couldn't one shot a creature. If the game had progressed on further you would've came across more monsters like that and would've starting to think "Why are these things like this?" And that was the point. Just figured I'd let you know since Tony and Raheem already knew.

View user profile

43 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Leetin McBeatin wrote:You...are....soooo......grrr......I promised...3 days need to pass...........AHHHHH.....


Who's so grrr? And why did you promise to have 3 days pass? You sure you're not drunk? tongue

View user profile

44 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:24 pm

greed said it best...how about for your next character legendary you make a bard...then you will have to roleplay to get anything and you dont have to worry about weapons and gear and all the other stuff grom kills your characters for.

View user profile

45 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm

My current guy is a bard...

View user profile

46 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:09 pm

then roleplay....damnit im tired of all your character not doing anything. say something do something anything in game to show us your alive

View user profile

47 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:42 pm

lol I have, I saved the parties life already once before, and I saved someones life when i Knocked down the boss. I also try to help in the little ways seeing as how small and fragile my guy is...It's not my fault you don't see that stuff.

View user profile
Greed wrote:
And if you are going to rebuttle legendary do not nitpick or over analyze what i have sed...I will not answer to nitpicking...that is all...


Nuff sed

View user profile

49 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:01 am

Lol I read that after I had posted a bunch of stuff....I already appologized for it. So...

View user profile

50 Re: Pros and Cons of using outside material on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:47 am

im done having this conversation

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum