CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Kingdom and the Horn

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

176 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue May 24, 2011 7:03 pm

If non of you have ever seen True Romance this is a shortened version of a very classic scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjcf47y-zk

View user profile

177 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Sat May 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm hearing whispers about roleplaying Sunday so I'm just trying to get a definite answer for everyone.

View user profile

178 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Sun May 29, 2011 11:41 pm

The Whispers came and went in the night breeze.

View user profile

179 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 am

I'm interested in running a continuation of this surprisingly epic adventure this coming Saturday. Those that are interested speak up. Shaun, it'll be nice to see you but putting you in might be challenging (however, if you show challenge will be accepted). The Fellowship of the Horn has been through a lot but their goal is in sight... How will it all end?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

180 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Mon May 30, 2011 4:59 am

no go for me on saturday... working. Sad

View user profile

181 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue May 31, 2011 3:42 pm

I can play this Saturday.

View user profile http://www.gorobonow.com

182 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue May 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Sorry, I run my game on Saturdays....

View user profile

183 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Saturday No Good either. The weather has been slammin lately and Jones Beach is calling my name. Looks like a day trip, prob Noon til 7 or boredom sinks in.

If people play maybe I can stop by in the afternoon or we can play on Sunday?

View user profile

184 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue May 31, 2011 10:09 pm

I work too but I know I can just switch some things around if I need too, so I might be able to make it but from the looks of it its only me and roboboy

View user profile

185 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:16 am

Kingdom and The Horn: The story thus far...

The Fellowship of The Horn, ten strong, set out on a quest of the utmost importance. From the capital, Taliver, they set out in search of The Horn of Asclepius. In search of the fabled relic that might cure the encroaching curse of stone death brought forth by Gorgonson. They traveled for nearly two three weeks to Houston in hopes of finding Adam Spiller.

Spiller proved to be a reclusive scholar, former adventurer, and owner of Houston City's largest private library. He hesitated to share his knowledge even to the crown prince. However with clandestine persuasion from Aphrodite he directed the party to the town of Baysalt and the mapmaker Guy Garyze. Before they continued on the next leg of their journey, Prince Hermes is warned of dissent among the nation's nobles by his cousin, the Earl of Houston.

Another two and a half weeks find the party entering the ghost town of Baysalt. On the way they had encountered dozens of victims of Gorgonson's Curse, petrified as quarried stone. The need for The Horn had become obvious. The world was dying a slow but swiftly spreading Gray Death. Baysalt proved to be one of those towns quiet as the crypt and crowded as a mass grave. They find Guy Garyze in his gaming shop nearly overcome by the stone but able to share what little he can about the relic. His words spoke of an old associate, a fanatical relic hunter by the name of William Chase. Chase and Garyze sort items like The Horn of Asclepius and The Sorcerer's Stone, the immortal maker. When Guy had grown tired of their fruitless searching William became more obsessed. If anyone in Tantarie knew the location of The Horn it was Billy Chase.
It was after learning this that the stone-like minions of Gorgonson attacked. These manlike barbarians with skin like granite and the warrior's frenzy kill a poor traveler that attempted to join the party before they were defeated. Unfortunately this would not be the last time that the Gray Ones make their presence known.

Garyze believed that Chase lived in the bandit town of North Swamp so a month's trip south led The Fellowship to their next locale. It is here that Deathknell gets a small piece of his past and the prince is shown that not all give him the respect deserving of his station. While Hermes was able to gain no information, Deathknell told by men claiming to owe him fealty that Chase lives in the swamp marshes of Black Bog amongst hordes of undead. Numbly is also contacted by his guild, The Swift Hands. Wasting no time with in the unwelcoming town it is into The Black Bog that The Fellowship go.

An endless Horde of undead meet them and they are forced to fight for every step they take. Yet fight they do, for Hermes' resolve was not easily shaken and at the center of the swamp they find Billy Chase's lab. Hammerstein, Blazington, Deathknell and Kaladon venture inside and among horrors and mysteries unexplained they find Billy Chase. Yet Chase is not what they expect. The one time adventurer, wizard and treasure hunter had become something akin to a vampire that spawned ghouls and walking corpse wherever he dwelt. He did not hold The Horn but he knew where it could be found and who possessed it. He pointed the party at the Southern Mountains and a great healer known as The Sea King. With threat exchanged by Hermes and Chase, The Fellowship struck out top conclude its quest.

To be continued...

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

186 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:24 am

Kingdom and The Horn: The story continued...

Destiny pointed The Fellowship towards The Southern Mountains, Hermes directed them back to Houston City. The Earl of Houston, Adam Spiller both are sources of information that would shine light on the quest. Both were trees of knowledge picked bare by those seeking The Horn of Asclepius. The Earl provided tales of the plagues progression and the forgotten towns now graveyards of perfect statues. Spiller provided background on the so called Sea King.

It was at this point in our tale that The Fellowship was broken. They parted ways for varying reasons but those committed to saving The Kingdom: Father Kingsley, Prince Hermes, Brixx Blazington, and Aphrodite, continued on the path of destiny.

"Hundreds of years ago an empire towered over all other
civilizations in might and majesty, Quish The Final
Empire. Quish stood as a symbol of mankind's pinnacle
and was believed to be invincible. Her war machines
marched forward and crushed all that tried to resist.
Quish might have reigned forever if it weren't for the
efforts of a great healer worshiped for his
righteousness, Asclepius The Sea King. The Empress
of Quish hated The Sea King and his followers and
did everything in her power to irradicate them.
It was Asclepius who called upon The Great Storm.
It was The Sea King who drowned the Immortal Quish."

Before exploring the uncharted Southern Mountains The Horn Seekers sort the town of Denver. It was miners and scavengers in Denver who unearthed a cave-like tomb hidden within the side of an ancient crevasse. It had been men from Denver who found Gorgonson's grave, opened Pandora's Box, and allowed the warlord's curse to crawl across the land. The evidence was clear yet no living soul existed that could share the truth. The entire population had been turned to stone and that stone was demolished by Grey Ones rampaging throughout the south. Realizing that an appropriate response to The Grey One threat was impossible until the spreading curse was lifted they left Denver and continued to the mountains.

The Southern Mountains were home to Giants and a reasonably advanced Ogre society. The party climbed looking for any sign of The Horn. What they found shook their resolve and led them towards the final conclusion of our story.

To be Concluding...

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

187 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Just curious what is known about the great Sea of Qish? What known kingdoms or empires border the great sea?

I heard that it has been many a moon since the lands were in communication and/or peace, due to the Sea Kings curse?

Were are the Dwarves?

View user profile

188 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:12 pm

So what's up are we playing this weekend or what.

View user profile

189 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Friday?

View user profile

190 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:44 pm

I can't on Friday. I know Bubbling is not available normally on Saturdays. I will have to get back to the group about Sunday. I should know by Thursday,

View user profile

191 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 am

Friday is the only day I'm available this week and for the sake of continuity and momentum I'll have to go with it. Random and Chad have confirmed. Lance is attempting to rearrange his work schedule. Here's hoping for a great session.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

192 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:12 am

im sorry i just found out that i cant make it friday, i HAVE to be at work since i called out on sunday

View user profile

193 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:25 pm

How many days a week do you work sun? Do they truly treat you like a Mexican there?

View user profile

194 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:18 pm

i called out once this week i cant do it agian sorry yall

View user profile

195 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:16 am

Kingdom and The Horn: The story concluded

The Sea King Asclepius proved to be more than a mere myth. The Sea King proved to be a massive Sky Whale, an airborne beast colossal in size baring a huge horn at the center of his forehead. Creatures of legend such as dragons flee his path and grand rain storms sprout in his wake. It is this trail of torrential downpours that led The Horn Seekers to his resting place. They feared a confrontation with a monster that could swallow Blue Dragons whole but they knew that if there were any chance of stopping Gorgonson's Plague The Horn was the key.

Once inside the mountain Father Kingsley was able to procure help from the local goblin tribe. The goblins directed the party into the submerged heart of the mountain. The Seekers traded food supplies for a dwarf named Bertram captured by the little monsters. The dwarven fighter would begin slow and sluggish even a little confused about his own ability but would later prove invaluable. The goblins spoke of treasure and so seeking that treasure The Horn Seekers met merfolk followers of The Sea King.

The Sea Folk, mermaids according to some tales, were once common among the many lakes and rivers of Great Quish until The Last Quishian Empress began her pogrom of annihilation. After Asclepius unleashed his wrath he gathered what was left of his children and flew them south. Those descendants were not happy to see Prince Hermes and The Kaladon standard, which bares an alarming similarity to The Great Quishian Flag. It was Sweettongue and Kingsley who managed to talk their way out of a battle of overwhelming odds. The party requested an audience with The Sea King and were denied. As of late Asclepius had become violent and irritable. He was being poisoned by creatures called The Deep Ones. It was brave Hermes that volunteered the assistance of The Seekers in return for a chance to speak to the great Sky Whale.

Three days of climbing, swimming, spelunking and bloody battles against a frog-like people of almost alien motivations saw The Seekers joined by two more captive dwarves from Bertram's party. Deep in Deep One territory they found the frogmen creating an unctuous concoction that burned to the touch and sickened to the smell. The party cut their way through slaves, workers warriors and priest before coming to a magnificent underground waterfall run black with the poison being dumped by The Deep Ones. Having found the source of Asclepius' plight the party waded in killing all in their path... until IT rose out of the black ichor. It called itself The Dark God and its description could never truly be recorded. Those that faced that monstrosity under the mountain that evening speak of a gigantic crab with dozens of legs and four viciously barbed tentacles where its head would have been. The creature spoke of conquest and domination, of dark things waiting just on the other side of the sphere. He spoke of being a god but our heroes put those boast to the test. It was Bertram that delivered the first fatal blow. Yet the creature persisted. It split in two a headless crab beast and a demonic squid. The Prince felled the crab and led the charge against the squid but it was Duncan, divinely guided by Agrogon that destroyed the squid and the threat from the other side.

Once the poisoning was stopped the merfolk were eager to help, even though they believed Hermes to be descended from the dreaded Quish. They led the way to Asclepius. The old whale proved wise and eager to help. He took to the skies and bathed the lands of Tantarie in his healing rains. As the statues of those overcome by the curse were touched by his waters the stone receded and life returned.
And that is how The Fellowship of The Horn became The Horn Seekers and The Horn Seekers saved the land from Gorgonson's Curse.

The End

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

196 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Sounds like ya had a fun final battle and chad pull some shit out his ass, just as ya were getting ya asses whoped. Soo is chad gonna continue the adventure. Would be fun to pc with lem.

View user profile

197 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Damn, I wish I could have been there to see it. Oh well, there's always another adventure...

View user profile

198 Kingdoms for a Horn on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Stay tuned for the next exiting chapter of The Horn Seekers.

A hint for preparation in the next coming adventure is that around two years shall pass before the seekers cross paths again as a fellowship.

View user profile

199 Kingdoms for a Horn on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Everyone who plans on playing with their current character please show up within the first 2-3 sessions of the continual Kingdom series. This would keep the flow easier and smooother.

The Heroes return home after the curse has been lifted. The land quickly celebrates your return with a month of parties and games and feasts.

Life is not always about adventuring and treasure hunting. How many people every save a land, how many more ever do it twice?

Life goes on the land slowly prospers. News come out that the continent was afflicted by Gongonson and in turn many groups of heroes sort out the cure. The continental kingdoms soon found out the truth and the Fellowship were elevated to a pinnacle of greatness. Many want to meet them many more look for the fellowship in guidance.

Time will pass life will slow down a Heroes will always be remembered.

Players Notes:
Upon playing I will ask everyone what they plan on doing with their new found wealth and fame. We all walked out of there with a small fortune. Figure around two years is enough for everyone to enjoy life build a home, a family, write a book.

This could be a good opportunity to start creating a legacy for your characters, how awesome would it be to eventually play your son in a future campaign? The world is your many owe you their lives. Some even are in awe of your deeds, scholars flock to your sides chronicling your adventure.

Also!! 2 years is not a set time period, just a guide line.

Enjoy everyone in your thoughts and stay tooned for my narrative on day one of Kingdoms for a Horn part two of the Kingdoms Series.

View user profile

200 Re: The Kingdom and the Horn on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:36 am

Session 1 will be held next Sunday, August 21st barring any complications. Let us know who's playing. I look forward to getting to PC with you guys and as per Random's suggestion I'll be filling in aas the new Cleric. I'm hoping you guys enjoyed the first adventure of The Kingdom Series.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum