CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steam Punk

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Steam Punk on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:34 am

A thunderclap resonates in the chamber as if to foretell of the coming storm.

Then there is -S-I-L-E-n-c-e.....

-The calm-

WE NEED THIS TO STOP! Quite it now!

A figure stands in front of a switchboard belaying orders in hopes that all stations can hear.

ALL HAND TO STATIONS, ALL HANDS!

BOOOM! Echo's through out the ship. The sound resonates after the Initial impact refusing to disperse.

Then there is -S-I-L-E-n-c-e.....

-The calm-

All hands stare at each other awaiting orders that will never come. The first impact was but an echo, the second was the storm.

Disorientated and distracted the crew looks in shock -What just happened? Quickly some take charge; then...

IN COMING!!

A shudder rocks the boat as the front section slowly descends to the earth from witch it came. People fall in response to the sudden change of events.

The storm has ended, the calm returns in the mist of chaos.

WHAT HAPPENED?! WE NEED A REPORT!

REPORT.

View user profile

27 Steam Punk on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:43 pm

This would be an awesome game to play. I like how the prologue is turning out.

View user profile http://www.gorobonow.com

28 Re: Steam Punk on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:30 pm

As Time pass's the silence slither back to the folds of every ones subconscious. Slowly noise and sound wins back the battle for the bridge crew. All who are awake can see and now hear the chaos the they once called home. Home. Is this still the place?

Family and futures were built on this ship. One short month is sll that was needed to destroy it all, Hope and joy no longer have words here.

No, this is a place of sorrow and destruction.

Some listen in shock as if waiting, waiting to hear the sounds of children' and maybe some do. No children walk these halls.

View user profile

29 Re: Steam Punk on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:41 pm

REPORT! MEN GATHER TO ME!

The remainder of the crew gather to the central point some move quick others require assistance, but all make it. No one is left behind in this family, this community of brothers.

"We need a head count. fist the bridge then every vital department of the rig. Our second order of business is damage report. During the battle I hear our main and secondary batteries fire, maybe we won? All I know is we are alive and possibly safe; at lest for the time being."

At the completion of these last words the crew did what they were trained for; action. The speaker tubes were all being used in response to given orders. The ship echoed with noise; no one is used to this dead silence. The constant sound of industry always fills these hall.

Slowly the realization comes to truth the ship is deactivated; massive damage was sustained and a full third of the crew is either missing -or- dead.

View user profile

30 Re: Steam Punk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:33 pm

... Grandfather, this is a cool story and all but I'm a little confused. What happened to the Captain and his expedition team? What happened to his wife and family? Who attacked them? Maybe you were right, maybe I am too young to hear this...

...wait don't leave...

...I want to hear more.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

31 Re: Steam Punk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Those details were temporarily left out to leave you in suspense young Daniel son.

To clarify one question, the issues on the captains family and the attack are all during the same time period. Both run in parallel.

All will be revealed

View user profile

32 Re: Steam Punk on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:39 am

Immediately the medical staff are called up to the main bridge. The acting captain is severely wounded. His only request is the aid of his old friend Dr. "Grabbin".

Within 10 minutes all 5 remaining medical staff rush to the aid of each wounded hero. Nurses and fellowships tend to the wounded.

Time pass's and the Dr is called for again. The only response is that all staffers are present. Everyone, minus the old Doctor.

Reports would later say that his disappearance was likely timed with the attack.
Witness's would say that he seemed anxious only minutes before the attack.
His staff would say that the Doctor prepacked his medical bag with supplies as if waiting.

Further investigation would prove all of the above. Dr. Grabbin's living quarters show that the place was cleaned out of all valuables and personal items.

The investigation also proved that with out the aid of a trained Doctor many of the wounded died.

View user profile

33 Re: Steam Punk on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:02 am

In the underbelly of the ships cargo hold 10 men hover over the remains of scrap witch is what remains of Sally "Boom Boom".

"I think we can rebuild it" says one man covered in oil and grease.
Another responds "Yes, but will we make?"
A third "We follow the directions provided, her core memory is mostly intact"

The first answer with a nod "We do not see these that often. She can not go to waste"

The 7 remainder start working vigilantly.

Gears and pistons are cleaned removed and rebuilt. Hours turned into days. The 10 are all that remained the same.

"Sally went BOOM boom, and we fixed her" said a relaxing fourth.

All stood in unison "To the hard fight! Cheers!"

"Now what will we call her?"

"Boys, boys listen here" said the first. "We have been through a lot and restoring her to what she was is not recommended"

All eyes star fixated in anticipation of what is to come.

"What I mean is lets first off stop calling her Sally, thats a name of the past. It is rebuilt and made better, stronger and smarter"

Several men start whistling as other clap

"We built this from the remained of old technology and we rebuilt it again to fit a new role, an unfailable, loyal role"

Through the cheers a smart ass comments "Is that even a real word? Unfailable?" Several empty cups are thrown as the speech continues.

"We my friend have filled a role a valuable hole in our medical staff. The traitorous Doctor has left us! Welcome my friends to the future Doctor of our medical staff"

16 hands bang tools, tins, wrenches in unison at the completion of the grand speech. The clatter starts quieting down as a large thud is heard.

"HA,HA,HA! Now lookee here, it looks like we have our first customer!" says one of the drunken mechanic as he stars upon embarrassed man who slipped on an oil spill.

"We have a medical emergency!Someone please call the Doctor!"

All including the "wounded" roar in laughter!

-Today is a good day, what will tomorrow bring-

View user profile

34 Re: Steam Punk on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:43 pm

... and thus i rose from the remains o Sally 'Boom Boom', a doctor to replace the traitor though I could never follow in his footsteps... I fear that many will find it hard to truly trust me, Grabbin's betrayal ran too deep. i must take precautions to ensure that I stay on the right path... the crew needs me.

Last edited by Abyssal Heart on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

35 Re: Steam Punk on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Yes, the "trusted" Doctor. Machine or not the crew lives are in your hand.

My plan was to make it a bit more dramatic. was thinking about a random post here and there that leads up to the overall conclusion, but The above won out.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum