CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CnC Groddoc

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 CnC Groddoc on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Groddoc

Attributes:

Strength: +2
Constitution: +2
Dexterity: +2
Intellect: -2
Charisma: -2

Ambi-dexterous: Groddocs are ape people who live in the far reaches of the forest. They know how to use both hands and feet in most tasks. Even if they are tied up they may still use their feet to to certain tasks.

Vegetarian:Because they live in the forest and they have an afinity for life they don't eat any meat or kill for the hunt. They eat vegetables and are attuned with nature enough to find fruits and vegetables in even the most barren of lands. +4 when looking for food (vegetation)

Beastial Roar: One per level a day, at 7th lvl and higher, the Groddoc can attempt to roar out to scare away enemies. Any enemies in a 50ft radius who hear the scream roll a charisma check minus the level of the Groddoc or run in fear for 1d4 rounds.

Survivalist: Groddocs are used to sleeping on the outside with nothing to sleep on. They do not take penalties on sleeping outdoors and can rest as though they were sleeping on a bed.

Camoflauge: When in the jungle or any place with cover Groddocs get a +2 to their move silently and hide checks. They ae used to moving about in closed areas and know how to keep quiet.

Last edited by lancelot chamomile on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Leetin made a decent point)

View user profile

2 Re: CnC Groddoc on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:02 pm

The roare sounds like an Alpha male ability...Silver back.

Maybe this comes into play at a later level?

View user profile

3 Re: CnC Groddoc on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:40 am

The roar is like frightful presence of dragons and the DM might not allow it (Just a heads up)

Also they get a bonus to their stats so might want to think about making int or cha a -4 instead of -2 or making wis -2 along with them...This way you could avoid having to give them a bonus to the xp needed to lvl...

View user profile

4 Re: CnC Groddoc on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 am

good idea. however im trying to make this character not book based but character based. so at the moment i think that the race of ape men would be fine the way they are. if anyone lse agrees with you then i think i might have to change it. but does any one else have any suggestions on anything to add? think planet of the apes. what do you think about that?

View user profile

5 Re: CnC Groddoc on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:47 am

You don't have to change the stats they get, but if you leave it the way it is you will have to compensate for their bonus to stats with at least 10% increase to xp needed to lvl...That's all I was saying...

View user profile

6 Re: CnC Groddoc on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Lancelot asked for my take on the race so i'll try.

Groddoc

Strength: +2
Constitution: +2
Dexterity: +2
Intellect: -4
Charisma: -2

Size: Medium

Increased XP: 10%

AMBIDEXTROUS: Groddocs are ape people who live in the far reaches of the forest. They know how to use both hands and feet in most tasks. Even if they are tied up they may still use their feet to do certain tasks. Groddocs only receive a -1 and -3 penalty when dual wielding.

BESTIAL ROAR: Once per HD a day, the Groddoc can attempt to roar out to scare away enemies. This can affect an enemy or group of enemies equal to or less than two times the Groddoc's HD in a 50ft radius. All affected must roll a Char save minus the level of the Groddoc or run in fear for 1d4 rounds.

SURVIVALIST(Wisdom): Groddocs are used to sleeping outside with nothing to sleep on. They do not take penalties for sleeping outdoors and can rest as though they were sleeping on a bed. Because they live in the forest and they have an affinity for life they don't eat any meat or kill for the hunt. They eat vegetables and are attuned with nature enough to find fruits and vegetables in even the most barren of lands. +4 when looking for food (vegetation)

CAMOUFLAGE: When in the jungle or any place with cover Groddocs receive a +2 to move silently and hide checks. They are used to moving about in closed areas and know how to keep quiet.

View user profile

7 Re: CnC Groddoc on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 pm

all i really changed was the roar and the int.

View user profile

8 Re: CnC Groddoc on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:54 am

sounds good. is this race approved?

View user profile

9 Re: CnC Groddoc on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Does the ability of the roar persist even when the target is under attack?

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

10 Re: CnC Groddoc on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:14 pm

i would probably say no but its your call

View user profile

11 Re: CnC Groddoc on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:00 pm

i would say that if someone roars and then is attacked then the one attacking would have to roll a reaction to see if they break the fear. if they roll high the fear is broken and the person is no longer feared

View user profile

12 Re: CnC Groddoc on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:16 pm

ROAR!!! We should have This race as an NPC race. Imagine them as Samurai!! ROAR!!

Maybe, There are 15 Samurai Apes charging a small army of militants. ROAR!! 30 run in shear terror. Then the remaining 40 rethink their cause of rebellion.

talk about crowd control.

View user profile

13 Re: CnC Groddoc on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 am

So anything Rotten touches is gold? ok im going to post a class.

View user profile

14 Re: CnC Groddoc on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:36 pm

its was not rotten's idea, but i guess you can give him the credit. i give you permission to steal the thunder.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum