CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Know your ROLE!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Whatever. That's why me and Lance completed a mission that was meant for the party by ourselves. Because I don't have a mind of my own. Answer for yourself, as you can see (assuming you can read), I answered for myself previous to your post.

View user profile

27 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Pick A Card wrote:Whatever. That's why me and Lance completed a mission that was meant for the party by ourselves. Because I don't have a mind of my own. Answer for yourself, as you can see (assuming you can read), I answered for myself previous to your post.

We did not complete shit. We ran.

View user profile

28 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 pm

I see this toon as Dps and debuffer maby some CC also. Problem is almost all of the Debuff and cc thing last for only 1 round at the moment depending on what we are fighting. That magical robotic T-rex would have been immune to almost all of that and that was why I tired making it so he could not more and caused him to fall.

Random I think you are marked as tank becouse even though you get hit you have the most staying power thanks to regen. Regen , high hp and high armor is what makes the tanks at the moment and I think you are the closest one with Lance being second but he runs to be behind the poeple.

View user profile http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

29 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Cether Cos, Ninja wrote:
Pick A Card wrote:Whatever. That's why me and Lance completed a mission that was meant for the party by ourselves. Because I don't have a mind of my own. Answer for yourself, as you can see (assuming you can read), I answered for myself previous to your post.

We did not complete shit. We ran.

We did shiz. Stop denying our awesomeness.

View user profile

30 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Pick A Card wrote:
Cether Cos, Ninja wrote:
Pick A Card wrote:Whatever. That's why me and Lance completed a mission that was meant for the party by ourselves. Because I don't have a mind of my own. Answer for yourself, as you can see (assuming you can read), I answered for myself previous to your post.

We did not complete shit. We ran.

We did shiz. Stop denying our awesomeness.

Lance is sort of right. Out of 2000gp worth of loot you guys left with nothing but The Hydra Blood(that everyone has forgotten about). Out of 20 enemies, not counting Xavros' Gearzilla, you both managed to kill 2 from the explosion outside and 1 from a decent assassination.

That's a Mission: Fail with kudos for not dying.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

31 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Pick A Card wrote:
Cether Cos, Ninja wrote:
Pick A Card wrote:Whatever. That's why me and Lance completed a mission that was meant for the party by ourselves. Because I don't have a mind of my own. Answer for yourself, as you can see (assuming you can read), I answered for myself previous to your post.

We did not complete shit. We ran.

We did shiz. Stop denying our awesomeness.

Ok, the distraction and the assassination were great but at the end of the we would have died in that warehouse if random didn't kick the wall down. the reason the mecha showed up is because we fucked up bad enough for Lem to feel sorry, and he didn't want to kill most of the party in one go.

View user profile

32 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:50 pm

I really don't have hi HP I wish I did now but I don't one hit and im dead the only thing that's going to save me is the 4 armor thing and the healing regen. if I take a hit im out of the game and I hit the hardest min 14 max 16 with a high chance to hit. but beaucse I hit so hard one I hit them that hard there gonna hit me back just as hard

View user profile

33 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:52 pm

...

Yes I did, I'm an asshole. If it wasn't for those damn meddling Mecha I would have gotten away with it. Embarassed


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

34 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:54 pm

The Carbonated Dark wrote:...

Yes I did, I'm an asshole. If it wasn't for those damn meddling Mecha I would have gotten away with it. Embarassed

I wasn't calling you an asshole. I was just stating what happened behind the scenes.

View user profile

35 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Also I didn't forget the the blood. It just seemed like something that should be talked about in person.

View user profile

36 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:10 pm

Not dying = Mission Success. Plus we've scouted the place so we can go back if we want. Hopefully they don't have any more Skilles-Rex lying around.

View user profile

37 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Solomon mentioned roles but "it's" own role as the true group leader.

My toon is not the boss, I always by defacto become it and its annoying. For a looong time I will only be an advisor or lieutenant at best. Except when it comes to my own EVIILL plans...ahh shoot Im good this time. Haaa


seriously, no boss title for me. Its time for some of you suckers to man up to the role. Its a fucking game and not a big deal. Guys you get most the credit and the fame. Look at Solomon every success is his first. That translates to more props and power and influence in game terms.

Lance is the survivor because he knows how to live and knows his role.

View user profile

38 Re: Know your ROLE! on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 pm

"To survive, one must never move the same way twice."
- Cether Cos

View user profile

39 Re: Know your ROLE! on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm

... it does make it hard to get a bead on you, Zak, but I read the book and eventually you die!

This is why I started this discussion about roles.  its cute to say Random is the tank but real though comes into play when you talk about the fact that he can't truly take a hit.  Chad is leader only if he is willing to be leader.  Everyone should know the role that want to fill and the role others are believing they fill.  Any thoughts Phil?


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

40 Re: Know your ROLE! on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 am

I think that I'm playing the role I had intended for this character. However, as my character gets more ingrained into the party, I want him to take a bigger roll. But overall I think my success will be determined by 3 things overall. My survival, how my skills and abilities help the party survive and I forgot the third one. Maybe I'll remember it.

View user profile

41 Re: Know your ROLE! on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:43 am

Darkness Embubbled wrote:... it does make it hard to get a bead on you, Zak, but I read the book and eventually you die!

If you're talking about R.A. Salvatore books I'm a little upset with you. I haven't finished some of them.

View user profile

42 Re: Know your ROLE! on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 am

Dryden Cether Cos, Ninja wrote:
Darkness Embubbled wrote:... it does make it hard to get a bead on you, Zak, but I read the book and eventually you die!



If you're talking about R.A. Salvatore books I'm a little upset with you. I haven't finished some of them.
Good ol' Zak...it's a shame that My Lil Pony twerp raped him to death.

View user profile

43 Re: Know your ROLE! on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:21 am

The Harshness

View user profile

44 Re: Know your ROLE! on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:18 am

One problem with the roles is they change based off of who is in the group at the moment.

If lets say me, gomo and Alan  are the group for a moment Alan would be the tank with me as dps and Gomo as debuff and cc.  You add Random in that same group he would be the tank and Alan would move to DPS since he is more of range dps.  on contras if it was just me and Gomo, I would have the tank (I think my 12 ac is higher then his) with Gomo being the DPS and debuff role.  This is not saying this group would but .... 

Our group keeps changing alot since people have had to change toons, people come late, or have to leave early.  So this is what couses the problem with that.

View user profile http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

45 Re: Know your ROLE! on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 am

I think the problem is people think in terms of WoW and Tanking. In you scenario when Marvi, Ghomo, and Xavros are the party Alan's toon never ceases to be a scout. He may have the most HP but he should not be TANKING. His role is scout, recon and infiltration. Even though the party makeup shows him as hardest to hit and kill he is no Tank.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

46 Re: Know your ROLE! on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 am

Darkness Embubbled wrote:I think the problem is people think in terms of WoW and Tanking. In you scenario when Marvi, Ghomo, and Xavros are the party Alan's toon never ceases to be a scout. He may have the most HP but he should not be TANKING. His role is scout, recon and infiltration. Even though the party makeup shows him as hardest to hit and kill he is no Tank.
I'm glad someone knows that I'm not a tank. And I have limited energy for DPS despite what people seem to think. I don't have Magi's energy levels.

View user profile

47 Re: Know your ROLE! on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 am

Yikes. You've managed to miss the point. It's not about whether you have enough energy to [WoW word insertion], its about your character being designed for recon and fast response which wouldn't change even if your party makeup did. Terms like [WoW word insertion] are for games that drastically hinder your ability to make decisions and think outside the box.


_________________
Every great story seems to begin with a snake.

-Nicolas Cage
View user profile

48 Re: Know your ROLE! on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Word WoW (curse insetion, that has 6 letters, starts with an F and ends with er)

View user profile

49 Re: Know your ROLE! on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Actually I didn't miss your point. I was simply saying that because certain people seem to believe our roles change with who is in our group. I was just pointing out that no matter what, I don't have the energy or to hit for DPS. My point is that my character is going to continue to be advanced recon / I can hurt you under the right circumstances.

View user profile

50 Re: Know your ROLE! on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:51 pm

No matter what my guy is a detective mage..period. He always was and always will be.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum